Goodbye Jesus

Nightmare Etched In Iron

Friendly Misanthrope

Here a lil' picture I made by using a Photoshop effect on one of my old pencil drawings. Of course, no piece is truly complete without a pretentious name, so this one I like to call "Nightmare Etched in Iron"

For anyone curious as to the pencil drawing source for the above image, here it is:

I called it infernal voyage. I made it during my freshman year in High School (where "high" was the operative word :crazy: , I was ahem, experimenting with certain psychotropic fungi that grew in local cow feilds) shortly after being mesmerized by the intricacies inside of the fetal pig I had to dissected in Bio. So there you have it, what could be more inspirational to a young lad than pig innards and psilocybin?

Cool...I like both of them. I can "see" the screaming faces and pointing fingers. Those are good.

Cool...I like both of them. I can "see" the screaming faces and pointing fingers. Those are good.

Thanks! I tried to make them be "hallucinogenic" in a sense. Everyone I've shown them to always sees different things in them. When I made the pencil drawing in my, ahem, altered state I could see a lot of the images already on the blank paper ( :twitch: ) so I traced 'em and voila, psychoactive imagery! Not that I'd ever touch shrooms again with a ten foot pole (nor do I recommend anyone on these forums to, as it can be poisonous if you don't know what you're doing :nono: )! :eek:

Reuploaded smaller file versions with minimal quality loss. Also removed some scanner artifacts (graininess) from the pencil drawing (Infernal Voyage)

Infernal Voyage:

post-157-1168136825_thumb.jpg

Nightmare Etched in Iron:

post-157-1168136911_thumb.jpg

Whoah! Very trippy! :twitch:

Whoah! Very trippy! :twitch:

Yep, and what a long strange trip it was (that was the inspiration for the pencil drawing, glad I came out of it partially sane :phew: )! And the lesson for today is don't do drugs kids(at least not psychedelics! ) :nono:

:D

Ever thought about trying to sell your art? That is the type thing I'd like hanging on my walls!

Ever thought about trying to sell your art? That is the type thing I'd like hanging on my walls!

Wow! Thanks! :thanks: Yeah, I'd love to sell this stuff! Though I haven't a clue how to go about it. :shrug: I seriously need to get back into drawing and painting again. I am working on a BS in Interdisciplinary Science right now (well, not right now, am on break for another week :grin: ) so I don't have as much time to creatively express as I'd like. I just recently got Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator for fun (pricey, but affordable by going to stores for college students) and have just begun twiddling with it. I'm studying to become a High School science and math teacher, so if suffering is good for art, I should be the next Picasso (but I kid)!

edit: just heard your "darksided" mp3 in your sig, freakin' hilarious! :lmao: