Nightmare Etched In Iron

Friendly Misanthrope

Here a lil' picture I made by using a Photoshop effect on one of my old pencil drawings. Of course, no piece is truly complete without a pretentious name, so this one I like to call "Nightmare Etched in Iron"

For anyone curious as to the pencil drawing source for the above image, here it is:

I called it infernal voyage. I made it during my freshman year in High School (where "high" was the operative word :crazy: , I was ahem, experimenting with certain psychotropic fungi that grew in local cow feilds) shortly after being mesmerized by the intricacies inside of the fetal pig I had to dissected in Bio. So there you have it, what could be more inspirational to a young lad than pig innards and psilocybin?

Cool...I like both of them. I can "see" the screaming faces and pointing fingers. Those are good.

Cool...I like both of them. I can "see" the screaming faces and pointing fingers. Those are good.

Thanks! I tried to make them be "hallucinogenic" in a sense. Everyone I've shown them to always sees different things in them. When I made the pencil drawing in my, ahem, altered state I could see a lot of the images already on the blank paper ( :twitch: ) so I traced 'em and voila, psychoactive imagery! Not that I'd ever touch shrooms again with a ten foot pole (nor do I recommend anyone on these forums to, as it can be poisonous if you don't know what you're doing :nono: )! :eek:

Reuploaded smaller file versions with minimal quality loss. Also removed some scanner artifacts (graininess) from the pencil drawing (Infernal Voyage)

Infernal Voyage:

post-157-1168136825_thumb.jpg

Nightmare Etched in Iron:

post-157-1168136911_thumb.jpg

Whoah! Very trippy! :twitch:

Yep, and what a long strange trip it was (that was the inspiration for the pencil drawing, glad I came out of it partially sane :phew: )! And the lesson for today is don't do drugs kids(at least not psychedelics! ) :nono:

:D

Ever thought about trying to sell your art? That is the type thing I'd like hanging on my walls!

Wow! Thanks! :thanks: Yeah, I'd love to sell this stuff! Though I haven't a clue how to go about it. :shrug: I seriously need to get back into drawing and painting again. I am working on a BS in Interdisciplinary Science right now (well, not right now, am on break for another week :grin: ) so I don't have as much time to creatively express as I'd like. I just recently got Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator for fun (pricey, but affordable by going to stores for college students) and have just begun twiddling with it. I'm studying to become a High School science and math teacher, so if suffering is good for art, I should be the next Picasso (but I kid)!

edit: just heard your "darksided" mp3 in your sig, freakin' hilarious! :lmao: