Goodbye Jesus

Non Religious Person Needs Religios Advice

Guest serpent keeper

Guest Ranman87
i stumbled on to this site and figured some one may have some ideas about a problem im having....the solution still evades me.

I'm new here so 1st off, Im not an ex christian, Ive never been a christian...ie my grand parents on both sides quit going to church 50 + years ago, both my parents never went to church, and I've never gone to church, never been baptised or even opened the front cover of a bible....though um.. for some strange reason my family still exchanges christmas presents.

any ways my problem is about 5'4" tall, brunette, exeptionally good looking, smart, funny and.....keeps trying to drag me into church.

I'm having a dificult time persuading her why I shouldnt go. I really dont care if she goes to church or not, i just dont want to go.

The way I see it the worst case cinario which Im seriously considering to allow happen, is to fake religious interest just to keep her happy. As I dont want to let something as stupid as religion come between us...... which also means no more sleeping in on sunday ever, as i have a ring hiding in my tool box if you catch my drift.

actaully I caved in last week....she went all teary eyed on me and dragged me in for christmas mass... I got a few mean looks from her family when i refused comunion.... man this shits confusing me.

Despite her beauty, if you have a problem with her always trying to drag you to a church even when you don't want to, just imagine what a relationship with her will be like.

If she can't respect your religious beliefs, I wouldn't even consider her a friend.

The way I see it the worst case cinario which Im seriously considering to allow happen, is to fake religious interest just to keep her happy. As I dont want to let something as stupid as religion come between us...... which also means no more sleeping in on sunday ever, as i have a ring hiding in my tool box if you catch my drift.

I have to agree with the others who said it simply isn't worth faking it. You have to lay it on the line and let her know exactly where you stand. I was raised a Catholic and became a "Holy Roller" when I was 13 so I'm fairly experienced with them. My father is still a Catholic and my mother went from Presbyterian, to Baptist to Holy Roller to Baptist to Catholic. Go figure! Anyway, Catholics can be pretty rigid but they're usually more flexible than "Born-again" Christians. But if she can't be flexible, sorry, but it's not

worth it!

Zetetic.

FYI, it's part of christian doctrine that christians marry only other christians. This is based on the interpretation of a verse in the bible that says something like "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers" (2 Corinthians 6:14).

I've never known catholics to be this "pushy" in getting someone to church unless they were pretty serious about their faith (I grew up a "traditional" catholic). I think she's trying to get you to come to church so you can be converted to her brand of catholicism so that she can be "yoked" together with you as a like minded believer.

This may be a good thing, based on what I've heard about catholic girls...