Goodbye Jesus

Let's Be Real

Dom

I very much doubt you will get an answer from him....he practically told us we would become servants of the anti-christ and murder him and then pretended he didn't say it when I asked for an apology....

He has little grasp of reality and is dishonest to boot.

Indeed the chance of fundie brat at least trying to answer one of the tough ones is about as fat as the mythical hell freezing over, but ... well... you can tell I've missed bitchslapping fundies in a place where they don't have the dice loaded in their favor (i. e. fundie mods) :fdevil:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom

• Thurisaz

• Lycorth

• Dave

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW . . . what a load of crap THAT was. Fundies always rely on the supposed emotional reasons people leave Christianity. While emotional reasons may push some people to leaving Christianity, it is obviously not always the case. No doubt they would LIKE for such a thing to be true, but lo and behold, non-Christians are not the evil minions of Satan that Christians often make us out to be. On the patience thing: I'd like to know, how long is long enough?

WOW . . . what a load of crap THAT was. Fundies always rely on the supposed emotional reasons people leave Christianity. While emotional reasons may push some people to leaving Christianity, it is obviously not always the case. No doubt they would LIKE for such a thing to be true, but lo and behold, non-Christians are not the evil minions of Satan that Christians often make us out to be. On the patience thing: I'd like to know, how long is long enough?

Emotional reasons were among the many reasons I left, but reason has kept me brainwashing free.

On the money, madame.

I once subscribed to similar magical thinking. I thought that if I could just speak something from the bible to someone, then God would take over and work his wonders in the human heart.

Of course, I realized that it might take time. But, I just knew that God was working - breaking down barriers and that his "word" would not come back void.

It never happened. I never gained a single convert. (thank god)

He thinks merely saying these words to others will bring on the presence of god and knock us on our backs. He engages in alot of magical thinking where he believes that quoting the Bible has some kind of mystical or magical power over people, and that everyone immediately assumes the Bible is the true word of god.

Exactly. They wonder why we call their prayer shit a magical spell, not realizing that this is exactly how they act. They expect these words to have an immediate magical effect on The Unbeliever, totally neglecting that those who use their brains will use them on their crappy verses too.

I remember having seen a thread somewhere on christianforums.com quite some time ago, by one of the braindead ones, with the subject "Scripture burns the enemys ears off!!!!!!!!!!". I constantly had to fight my urge to have a fit of maniacal laughter whenever I saw that subject... what an infantile crap!...

(Speaking of CF, we need a reputation system similar to theirs - wouldn't that be a cool gimmick? Dave? Any possibility for that? 8) )

He doesn't understand that this power comes from the judeo-christian society in which he lives, that subtly and not so subtly assumes the bible is true. Even those who grew up in homes that were religiously apathetic, will have this notion subtly ingrained, making it easy for them to later be suseptible to conversion.

Like I said before, probably the greatest victory the death cult ever scored is to make people think that it's the only religion around, and thus the wholly babble is the only thing that's more than just a book (think "literalism"). Compare with how the morontheists run away in hordes whenever I mention to them that I'm not a christian and not an atheist. They can't handle it. No one of their führers ever taught them what keywords to scan for in my statements, and with what phrases to respond.

Okay, it's not really all of them, but you get my point. ;)

On the money, madame.

I once subscribed to similar magical thinking. I thought that if I could just speak something from the bible to someone, then God would take over and work his wonders in the human heart.

Of course, I realized that it might take time. But, I just knew that God was working - breaking down barriers and that his "word" would not come back void.

It never happened. I never gained a single convert. (thank god)

I third that thought. Gads taking a trip down memory lane can be embarrasing. Unfortunatly I DID gain a convert, my husband. :S

Guest Gooneybird

Let's be real.

Questions are good.

Why is this and why is that?

Always why.

Cutting through and cutting through.

Why.

Why?

Why!

Everything else is spiritual materialism.

Associating with the good.

Repressing the evil.

With no understanding.

Unaware.

Seeking security.

Running from insecurity.

Seeking hope.

Knowing it's hopeless.

Hoping.

Fearing.

Can we WAKE UP!?

Silence. Seeing. Quiet. Understanding. Peace.

Banis!

I just spent nearly an hour reading this thread. I don’t normally read this section at all, but in this case it was worth it. Thank you all for your contributions.

Oh, and Dom, you got the following statement kinda backwards. At least in my case it was.

- People have left because they felt like they could never measure up

I left xtianity because the xtian god did not measure up to MY standards. You see Dom, I have a father, a real flesh and blood dad. When I was a small child I had terrible problems with ear infections. I can remember him putting drops in my ears and laying my head down on his lap. He would stroke my head in his lap until I feel asleep. My dad often took me on trips because he enjoyed my company. A couple of times he even saved my life when I was out exploring with my brother and did something stupid. My dad told me he loved me every night before going to bed and after ever phone call when I was out on my own. He always called me ‘son’ instead of using my name and loved the way he said it. I was proud to have him as my father.

I know what a father is all about Dom, and your father-in-heaven is about the crappiest example of a dad anyone could come up with. I don’t need him, I don’t want him and to be quite honest, I don’t believe he exists anyway.

I BROKE FREE from your stupid myth.

I know what a father is all about Dom, and your father-in-heaven is about the crappiest example of a dad anyone could come up with. I don’t need him, I don’t want him and to be quite honest, I don’t believe he exists anyway.

Excellent post, IBF. My parents weren't perfect, but they loved me and took care of me. In comparison, the Abrahamic god cannot possibly measure up.

Indeed, I also left Xianity - and remain outside of it - because it doesn't measure up to my standards. Any idiot can see how wicked and sick the Abrahamic god is.