Goodbye Jesus

Gambling Christian Co-workers

Hineni

Every week, the 'chosen ones' in the office, play the lotto. This week the winnings being small ($50.00), they decided to draw a number and give the meager winnings to just one person, instead of dividing the lot. I don't participate, so they asked me to draw the number from an envelope. What the hell...I draw a number. The lucky recipient was our very sweet receptionist.

I just happened to be going through the lobby when she received her money, and I remarked, "I'm glad it was you." The co-worker who presented her with her winnings said, "She's the one who drew your number." A few minutes later she was in my office, put a five dollar bill on my desk and said, "I believe that if I 'get' I should 'give' back. 'He' blessed me, so I'm blessing you. You know, 'our' pastors would tell us that this is gambling, and we should'nt do it, but I don't see it that way. My pastor thinks none of us out in the pews gamble (she snickers)."

By the way, she a 'conservative' christian, yet she 'gambles' and none of them know that I'm no longer a christian.

I refused her several times, and thanked her, but she just wouldn't leave it alone. The money is sitting on my desk, at present.

Maybe she wants you? :scratch:

:wicked:

Oh stop it. Get out.

Ya think? :scratch:

:grin:

If you enjoy playing poker without real money -- enjoy yourself. But in general, I think that gambling is idiotic. Mostly, people do it out of an analytical failure to understand odds and potential payoffs relative to costs. It tends to be an activity that very poor and stupid people engage in -- not a wonder, then, why it is so popular among the brainwashed masses of Christians.