Goodbye Jesus

Five Questions That Christians Can't Answer

euphgeek

You don't understand the problem with a flawed question? Wow. Flawed questions are unanswerable because they are FLAWED. I could explain why they are flawed, or I could have you bludgeon yourself with a dull object. Both seem to be equally as useful.

But yet you offer responses. That's curious action to do if in fact this all seems so futile to you to give an intelligent response.

I see that the reason you are not showing why the question is flawed is because you don't posses the ability to articulate your thoughts intelligently to educated people. Instead you cast insults because you lack any developed vocabulary by which you might both express your thoughts, and actually form some that have any actual substance, for that matter.

If you can't follow what I just said, well then that should prove my point.

Please, thrill us with your acumen by actually conversing with people.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Antlerman

• Jun

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flawed questions don't have questions.

Boy, now there's some deep shit that's beyond my grasp.

Is it just me, or is there an aroma of pseudo-intellectualism in the air?

For a question to have a question, shouldn't it be a sentient being in the first place? :scratch:

If 3 plus 3 is 15, then why is 2 plus 2 equal to 11?

You don't understand the problem with a flawed question? Wow. Flawed questions are unanswerable because they are FLAWED. I could explain why they are flawed, or I could have you bludgeon yourself with a dull object. Both seem to be equally as useful.

With God, all things are possible (Mk 10:27), unless it's answering flawed questions. God can't do that.

So, if God can't answer flawed questions, how can we expect him to save flawed humans?

Obviously, the questions are not flawed, only difficult to answer. In this whole thread I recall (correct me if I'm wrong) that only one person bothered to attempt to respond, and was either unable to proide scriptural answers or straight answers. Indeed, the precursor to one of their responses to the posted questions was, "Here's a long answer." The individual was incapable of answering directly, and thusly required long-winded doublespeak and thought-policing to contribute anything to the conversation. Yet the questions remain unanswered.

If all things are possible with God, as the post above mine notes, then it should not be impossible to answer how these questions are flawed. And I am certain the answer is nothing beyond "All praise is be due Jesus-lah". Or, the English translation, "Christianity is right and all who do not choose to believe in it are poo-poo heads that I want to burn forever for making me feel bad."

Seriously, it's amsuing how these questions can't be answered. I'm especially fond of the first one, in which God is describef for what it really is, and then what people want it to be, and somehow I doubt that people ever actually say what God is according to the Babble.

Me thinks it's his way of trying to deflect attention away from the obvious fact he can't form and articulate a reasoned response. Hell, I'll even help him out here. He can read through this list of logic fallacies and weigh them against the OP's questions, and then he can try to articulate exactly how it is flawed by using that language that deals specifically with flawed logic. Of course that will require some cognitive function on a slightly higher level than simply calling people a bunch of idiots (reading, comprehension, and application of knowledge), but I'm certain he's up to that simple task if he applies himself. :shrug:

Here we go, Logic fallacies: http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html and here: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/mathew/logic.html

Boy does that look like a set-up. :wicked:

Inspecto-boy will never bite. Methinks he should give you a wide berth, Antlerman.

For someone who can do no more than take a pot-shot and run, you're the last one here that he might be willing to engage.

For someone who can do no more than take a pot-shot and run, you're the last one here that he might be willing to engage.

Since he's the only one on the site with half a brain, he would be the one to avoid.

Not really.

So I point out that the questions are flawed, and instead of congratulating me, you continue to act as though they aren't flawed. Nice.

When you fix your questions, I'll answer them. Or, if I aint got nuttin to do later, I'll fix em, an answer em. K.

How,s it goin' Euph? You got your answers yet?

Be careful you don't get "flawed" answers though!! :shrug:

Me thinks it's his way of trying to deflect attention away from the obvious fact he can't form and articulate a reasoned response. Hell, I'll even help him out here. He can read through this list of logic fallacies and weigh them against the OP's questions, and then he can try to articulate exactly how it is flawed by using that language that deals specifically with flawed logic. Of course that will require some cognitive function on a slightly higher level than simply calling people a bunch of idiots (reading, comprehension, and application of knowledge), but I'm certain he's up to that simple task if he applies himself. :shrug:

Here we go, Logic fallacies: http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html and here: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/mathew/logic.html

*bump*

Awaiting Inspectos response...

*sound of crickets chirping*

Since he's the only one on the site with half a brain, he would be the one to avoid.

Not really.

In an odd sort of way I take your comment about me having half a brain is your way of complimenting me. Of course last I checked with my home EEG kit, both hemispheres were still fully functional.

I'm glad you don't see me as someone to avoid. Then can you help me out here and articulate the specifics of your objections, rather than just saying you object? We already know that. We need to know what it is you object to. Saying something is "flawed" or "stupid", doesn't tell anyone much. That's just telling people what you feel, and not explaining your thoughts. You need to say "it is flawed, because...", and explain the reasons behind it. Otherwise it just sounds like you don't have any real cause to object and are just expressing frustrations without you knowing why exactly, like someone answering "just because." It doesn't tell anyone much, other than you're upset.

I hope my pointing you to those lists of logic fallacies will help you to be able to talk about it better, or get to the real issues behind your feelings. Let me know if there’s anything more I can do to help.

Saying something is "flawed" or "stupid", doesn't tell anyone much. That's just telling people what you feel, and not explaining your thoughts.

The fact that you have to repeatedly point this out to him in posts that have pyramided into redundant and increasingly minute detail speaks volumes about the mental capacity of this brainiac.

Well, IG said if he had nothing to do later, he would "fix" the questions and THEN answer them. Let's not kid ourselves: the questions are not flawed, IG has no way of "fixing" them besides changing the wording to reflect Christianity in the best possible light, and he won't be back anytime soon to this thread. Time to chalk it up as another Christian falling short of the amazing qualities the Babble claims they will posses.

I'm not surprised.

I think you give yourself too much credit if you think you could understand the answer. Have you considered that the problem is YOU? As a teacher, sometimes you realize that some student aren't ever going to get it. And that seems to be you. Isn't it funny how when the answers aren't what you want to hear, the person isn't giving it to you straight or doesn't see what is obvious to you? Looks like you aren't looking for answers at all. And if you aren't looking for answers, it is certain you will never find them.

And you are in the right place. No one here has any answers, just questions. In fact, the more questions you have the better.

So explain it to me. Let me decide whether or not I can understand your explanation. Can you answer my questions? I have never had a Christian be able to answer those questions before.

Edit: And if my questions are "flawed" like you seem to think they are, explain why. Anybody can say a question is flawed and refuse to answer, but unless you come up with some sort of reason why they're flawed it just looks like you're chickening out.

1) Which one better describes an all-loving God: a.) One that gives human beings one chance only to get it right and if you don't condemns you to an eternal hell, or b.) One that allows you multiple chances to get it right so that you can spend eternity in the best place possible?

You only have 2 choices. Let's see, b is a better description.

Okay, but that's not what most Christians believe.

2) People who speak of "hell" associate it with divine punishment, but punishment is usually used as a corrective measure. How do people suffering in an eternal hell learn their lesson? Doesn't that make hell mere torture with absolutely no point to it?

Punishment? I think it's worst than that. You will be condemned forever. NO need to correct yourself. No more chances. You had all your chances but you blew it. Straight enough?

Yeah. So tell me what the point is? God loves each and every person, but if you don't believe in him he'll torture you for eternity? What kind of love is that?

3) There are thousands of different denominations in Christianity, each thinking they have it right. All other religions think that they have it right, as well. How can you be sure that you have it right, when the odds are that you are actually wrong?

i'll try to tell you that if i make it?

In other words, you have no idea if you're worshiping the right God, or even the right way.

4) Where in the Bible does Jesus say that people must worship him or pray to him? Doesn't he identify himself as the "Son of Man" who was sent by the Father?

Here's one long answer:

http://www.pbc.org/library/files/html/heb02.html

None of those verses have Jesus saying that his followers must worship or pray to him.

5) Jesus himself and his disciples seem to believe in reincarnation, as evidenced in Matthew 11:10-15, Matthew 17:10-13 and John 9:1-2. Why is the word of Paul in Hebrews 9:27 taken over Jesus in Christian doctrine?

Biblical texts seem to imply belief in reincarnation.

The most "convincing" texts of this kind are the following:

1) Matthew 11,14 and 17,12-13, concerning the identity of John the Baptist;

2) John 9,2, "Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?";

3) John 3,3, "No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again";

4) James 3,6, "the wheel of nature";

5) Galatians 6,7, "A man reaps what he sows";

6) Matthew 26,52, "all who draw the sword will die by the sword";

7) Revelation 13,10, "If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed."

The complete text:

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation3.html

More here:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=na...in+christianity

OK, I went to your website but the explanations seem very weak, like they were trying to twist the obvious meaning in the Bible to something else entirely. Either John the Baptist was Elijah, or Jesus was not the messiah. The prophecy in the OT said that Elijah would come, not someone like Elijah. And coming in the "spirit and power" of Elijah is exactly what reincarnation is. As for John 9:2, Jesus may not have felt the need to explain reincarnation to them, as they probably already understood it, or he may have explained it to them at an earlier time. And even if you think he would have talked about that, why didn't he talk to them about sinning in the mother's womb?

As I said, the explanations are weak. Something I'd expect from someone trying to make the Bible fit their beliefs, not the other way around.

As I said, the explanations are weak. Something I'd expect from someone trying to make the Bible fit their beliefs, not the other way around.

So the explainations are weak (according to you). Then do the next best thing, leave.. seek other religions that offer strong explainations to believe... not this closed system. Grow beyond Christianity. You can always come back... or not. You are free to do that. Honest.

Pug you replied...

So the explainations are weak (according to you). Then do the next best thing, leave.. seek other religions that offer strong explainations to believe... not this closed system. Grow beyond Christianity. You can always come back... or not. You are free to do that. Honest.

But earlier you said regarding hell that...

Punishment? I think it's worst than that. You will be condemned forever. NO need to correct yourself. No more chances. You had all your chances but you blew it. Straight enough?

Which is it? It's hardly an open system if the punishment for disbelieving is eternal torture.

It's hardly an open system if the punishment for disbelieving is eternal torture.

Like Antlerman stated: Christianity is a closed system and i agree.

...not this closed system go for other more open systems i wrote. Makes sense?

In other words, you have no idea if you're worshiping the right God, or even the right way.

is it my task to prove a right God or right way? THE only right way is your own chosen believable right way, IMO. To put it, less gently, whatever floats your boat.

Yes I know but that's not my point. If Christians are going to threaten me with eternal hell for leaving the Christian religion, they're going to have to answer these questions.

is it my task to prove a right God or right way? THE only right way is your own chosen believable right way, IMO. To put it, less gently, whatever floats your boat.

Don't forget, Christianity claims to be the one true religion, the one that will save you from an eternity in hell. It is severely intolerant of other religions. So yes, it is your task to prove that the Christian way is the right way if you're going to claim that.

Don't forget, Christianity claims to be the one true religion, the one that will save you from an eternity in hell. It is severely intolerant of other religions. So yes, it is your task to prove that the Christian way is the right way if you're going to claim that.

OK we've used that hell threat... now, how to prove it is the right way?

OK, thump the Bible - pull out all the cruel passages from OT. Invoke the fear of God.

Hmmmm.

Oh God, i can't, i can't.

God, he's all yours, you do it. Thanks.

Look, Islam also lays claims to be the one true religion, the one that will save you from an eternity in hell. It is severely intolerant of other religions as well. Hence 9/11, and since the Crusades thousands of years ago.

I'm sure you can think of other similar religions.

Peace.

Look, Islam also lays claims to be the one true religion, the one that will save you from an eternity in hell. It is severely intolerant of other religions as well. Hence 9/11, and since the Crusades thousands of years ago.

*sigh*

9/11 was an attack on Christianity? News to most of the world.

Islam carried out the attack? I thought it was just some men of a particular religion attacking a country that they hate for non-religious reasons.

The Crusades were thousands of years ago? The earliest one was just 912 years ago...

Is it just me, or does this smell of an attempt to go "But they're just as bad!"

Most people grow out of that immature behaviour before they leave school... why haven't you?

OK we've used that hell threat... now, how to prove it is the right way?

OK, thump the Bible - pull out all the cruel passages from OT. Invoke the fear of God.

Hmmmm.

Oh God, i can't, i can't.

God, he's all yours, you do it. Thanks.

Which God? ;)

I'm sure you can think of other similar religions.

Peace.

Exactly my point. The more Christians (especially Fundamentalist Christians) that realize this the better.

9/11 was an attack on Christianity? News to most of the world.
...on the world's most Christian-like country? On your currency, you even have "in God we trust..."

...many in the Arab world continually refuse to acknowledge the overwhelming evidence that links bin Laden and his terror network to the September 11 attacks. As a CBS News report has documented, much of the Arab world believes instead that the Mossad carried out the attacks, and that 4000 Israelis who allegedly worked in World Trade Center stayed home on 9/11.

Indeed, governments in the Arab world have propagated this view. By refuting Arab involvement in 9/11, proponents of the Jewish conspiracy theory avoid confronting the deep-rooted problems that exist in their own societies. Their failure to inspect the domestic issues that lead to terrorism makes them unable, and in some cases unwilling, to prevent future 9/11-style attacks.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/hearings/hea...ess_emerson.htm

THAT was the official US government's view-conclusion. But that could be all lies, right?

Is it just me, or does this smell of an attempt to go "But they're just as bad!"

No, it's not even an attempt. It's a fact they're not just as bad. They're... we're all bad to the rotten core (err.. except you of course). Generally, this so-called debate is immature anyway. I admit i'm as childish as they come. Matured people, like you, do not call people names; they respect other people's choices-opinions (wrong or right); they do not mock.

I'm immatured, so...