Goodbye Jesus

Five Questions That Christians Can't Answer

euphgeek

In the idiot's parable, who else had visions of 'The Black Freighter' from 'Watchmen'?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Antlerman

• Jun

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A boat is carrying a passenger and the passenger decides to jump off the ship and take a swim despite the warnings of the crew. The passenger is trapped in a current and cannot escape. The captain throws him the buoy but the passenger insists that he can manage to swim to shore on his own and pushes away the buoy.

You see how that works?

No I don't see that applies. I'm not stuck in a current. I jumped off a sinking ship onto land where I'm now free to explore the world. You see, in your analogy because you have to sit inside a boat, it's you that is caught in the current. The only control over the boat is... well I guess it would be the shriveled-up old priests who haven't lived a day in their lives telling you how to live yours.

Sounds to me like it's us who are trying to toss you the buoy to help you come to shore where you can walk on your own two feet.

60 pages folks..... Gonna set this Topic aside and we can start another one if so desired. Nothing wrong with topic or discussion, however these long strings are hard for folks with less_than_broadband to participate in.

Been a damn good line of thought and discussion.

11.28.2007 09120

kFL