Goodbye Jesus

God Is Nothing!

AtheistMommy

I was just reading up on ancient Egyptian religion, and it really does seem to be a unique symptom of Abrahamic religion to consider sex wrong and shameful. Buddhism advocates a release from desire of anything in this world, but doesn't label sex as exclusively wrong in itself, whereas Hinduism was really quite tolerant of all kinds of sex - that is, until Victorian England started throwing around its influences.

It's quite bizarre, actually. Just like Abrahamic religions' claim that man and all that he does has a sinful nature, and that God is pissed all the time. How these three self-denial routines got to be the biggest religions in history and numbers, is quite beyond my comprehension.

The boy is five and he drew a sperm and an egg. They (the teacher and some sexual harassment advisor) nearly called CPS on me. They told me "He couldn't understand these type of things at his age."

My daughter was 2 years and 6 months when she saw us get out one of those home pregnancy test kits. She asked me if we checking to see whether there was a baby growing inside me.

Children can understand lots of things if they are explained in terms they can understand. Congratulations for educating your son so well Athiest Mommy!

Put simply, we have evidence that energy can niether be created nor destroyed.

Do we? How did the universe (lots of matter and energy) come to be out of the singularity at the Big Bang 13.X billion years ago? We have absolutely no idea whether is it was created at that time or transmitted or what. And the statement that the universe "made" itself was simply used (I'm sure) to mean self-generated through some unfathomable, but less than supernatural process.

just to clarify, the theory is that the singularity contained the mass/energy (which are in fact the same thing). It was not added to the singularity as you put it. A singularity by definition is an event having a single position co-ordintate i.e. no volume.

• 1 year later...

Personally, I do believe in a creator - but the creator exists without place. That is to say that "The creator is not some-thing" which means that "Nothing is the creator." To me, the Divine Mind is like a perfect sphere, the circumference of which is nowhere, and the center everywhere. To me, space itself possesses these very same attributes, and there is scientific evidence that provides possitive evidence for that [for one, if space is boundless - infinite, then the center of space must be everywhere!] If you take the above formulae of the Divine Mind, and view it as a two-dimensional entity, the sphere becomes a perfect circle, in otherwords - the symbol that we use to represent nothing - zero, zero is the place holder for all value.