Goodbye Jesus

I Am An Ex-christian....

Guest virraszto

Well yes, but that doesn't make them somehow mystical or magical. Doesn't mean that ghosts are actually spirits of dead people.

Cool. We're actually pretty much in agreement then. I'm undecided on whether I believe there are ghosts (disembodied spirits) or not, but I tend to lean fairly far in that direction. Strong evidence either way would help me make up my mind, but I guess that's pretty much how it is with everything. I guess I know what I would like to believe, but if someone showed me evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't hold on to my dogma, LOL.

To the supernatrualists, The lack of a natural explanation does not equal supernatural cause. If a phenomenon is real, it has a natural cause whether or not the cause is known. Close investigation is better than, "oh my, it's a ghost!" By the way if a ghost is immaterial how the hell does it move a material light switch? If a ghost is material, or even energy then it is not supernatural.

Things happen for which people have no contemporaneous explanation. It's natural.

A good response to such an occurence might be, "Huh! Something just happened for which I have no contemporaneous explanation."

Once, when I was living in Virginia City, Nevada (home of the Comstock Lode) I befriended an old woman who ran a gift shop that used to be a mortuary (I've seen the pictures of the building from the 1800s and in the basement you can tell where the furnace had been bricked over, so I know she wasn't lying.) She had several ghost pictures she had taken, including one in the basement. In the back of the basement there is a doorway. In one of her pictures, there was an entity in the doorway, and the best I can describe it was that it was like a stick figure, but it had a body. She had a couple different pictures of it, and it was in two different positions.

One day I took my mom, my cousin and some friends down there to show them the basement. The lady had all sorts of clothes from the 1800s era so we were having fun playing 'dress-up' and taking pictures. When we got them developed, the same figure that appeared in the woman's pictures appeared in ours. Again, the figure appeared in the doorway, but as the angle of the camera changed and cut the doorway off more and more, the more the figure would move to stay in the shot. Again, it was in the same two positions as in the old woman's pictures.

Now, there could be a couple different explanations for this. Either there is something down there that is causing some weird reflection when taking pictures, or maybe it is proof of ghosts. I can't say for certain what it was, but I would like to see something like that investigated a little more before I jump to the conclusion that it was indeed a spirit caught on film.

I've also had another experience while camping with a friend and her daughter. This friend (who is an atheist) claimed that her family had a 'psychic streak,' and that her 2-year old daughter displayed many signs of it. I was skeptical. When I went camping with them (it was the first time I had met the friend, as we had been friends online for a long time and had agreed to meet), her daughter said something really strange that still bothers to me to this day. I had set my mug of beer on my chair because I didn't want it on the ground because of insects. I can't really remember all the events and how they led up to me putting the cup on the chair, but when I put it on there I remember crawling into my tent. My friend and her daughter were asleep. After a little while, I heard them get up and start moving around, and she asked her daughter if she knew where her cup was. I heard her daughter reply, "It's in the chair!" I don't know how she possibly could have known that the cup was on the chair, as they were in their tent sleeping and it didn't have any windows or anything. Later that night, when we were talking about supernatural stuff, my friend said, "You heard my daughter earlier. She knew where the cup was!" How could she have known that I even heard what they were talking about? For all they knew I was asleep! It's possible that she just assumed that I heard her say it, but it does creep me out.