Goodbye Jesus

Feeling A Little Overwhelmed

truth

Hi all..

Okay I know things are going to get better.. it was just one of those days when I normally would have been talking to god to help me get through the day and know that I am not alone in the world...and that at least someone is in charge of the universe.. It was a nice fluffy way to see the world.

Well I don't have that anymore and I realize it is up to me to change things... and well I know I can make changes and make life better. I have had so many changes in the last litle while... I thought I had life all figured out and then it came crashing down around me including my belief system which was the one stabliling thing in my life. I quit what I thought was my dream job... it had turned into nightmare job... have gotten a new job.. but I really hate being the new person.. especially when before I was one of the vetrons and senior staff...ok it is nice not to have all the responsibility now and just go to work and leave work at work you know..

Mostly I am struggling with being alone, and not having a very good support system or good group of friends.. I do have friends though so I shouldn't really complain... my family is seriouly nutty however.

Maybe it is the rain.. I am just feeling kind of bummed out right now.

And gee... now I have to fit dating and socializing into my life that has turned upside down too.. I useto worry about finding a nice xtian guy..now i just want to find someone nice who isn't going to try to force me to belive in god.. I am much happier that I am not trying to force myself to believe in xianity and am glad I have taken steps to change my life.. I just sometimes wonder how I got to this point, and how I am going to get through this and meet new people.

Ah, but even if you don't believe in god, isn't it nice to feel like your life isn't controlled by someone who might condemn you to poverty/disease/whatever if you don't do exactly what he wants?

And you have friends. Real people friends. Yeah, people can be shitty, but there's a whole lotta people who are friendly and helpful and decent folk.

Well I don't have that anymore and I realize it is up to me to change things...

When you had bad days before, when you believed in God...did they get better? You have had the power to change your outcome within you all along. It was always you lifting yourself up, it was always you making your day a bit brighter. Right now you are transitioning from your faith lifting you up to REALIZING that you and you alone are strong all on your own. Think about that for awhile and feel empowered because you should. :-)

and well I know I can make changes and make life better.
And you had done so previously.

Mostly I am struggling with being alone, and not having a very good support system or good group of friends..

That is what we here at ExC are here for. However, I know what you mean, in "real" life. I have ONE friend in the world away from computers (outside of my hubby) who is not a Christian and she is a wonderful and dear friend. Even though she was never a Christian, she has been supportive. IMHO, it is better to have one or two real good friends than a ton who only pretend that they care about you.

I hope the best for you.

Hi all..

Okay I know things are going to get better.. it was just one of those days when I normally would have been talking to god to help me get through the day and know that I am not alone in the world...and that at least someone is in charge of the universe.. It was a nice fluffy way to see the world.

Well I don't have that anymore and I realize it is up to me to change things... and well I know I can make changes and make life better. I have had so many changes in the last litle while... I thought I had life all figured out and then it came crashing down around me including my belief system which was the one stabliling thing in my life. I quit what I thought was my dream job... it had turned into nightmare job... have gotten a new job.. but I really hate being the new person.. especially when before I was one of the vetrons and senior staff...ok it is nice not to have all the responsibility now and just go to work and leave work at work you know..

Mostly I am struggling with being alone, and not having a very good support system or good group of friends.. I do have friends though so I shouldn't really complain... my family is seriouly nutty however.

Maybe it is the rain.. I am just feeling kind of bummed out right now.

And gee... now I have to fit dating and socializing into my life that has turned upside down too.. I useto worry about finding a nice xtian guy..now i just want to find someone nice who isn't going to try to force me to belive in god.. I am much happier that I am not trying to force myself to believe in xianity and am glad I have taken steps to change my life.. I just sometimes wonder how I got to this point, and how I am going to get through this and meet new people.

Been there done this mood as a christian and a non-christian!! You need to do what works for you to help you out of the mood--read, make plans with a friend to meet, watch your favorite show, take a bubble bath, go shopping, blare some music while you vacuum the livingroom, comedy :scratch::wicked: --whatever works for you!!!!!

As for dating--I hear ya--it is hard to get out there and meet people but just don't try tooo hard!! enjoy having fun and don't worry about anything beyond that!!!

Those are my two cents worth--hope it helps :grin:

-Susie

As for dating--I hear ya--it is hard to get out there and meet people but just don't try tooo hard!! enjoy having fun and don't worry about anything beyond that!!!

Yah. You started dating again a little over 10 years ago and look who you got stuck with. :HaHa:

Thanks everyone.

I curled up in bed and watched some silly tv and then went to sleep early. Kept waking up in the wee hrs of the night and had odd dreams again.

It is a new day today.. Hopefully it will be a better day.

I think I need to start taking better care of myslef..ok I know I need to take better care of myself.

Yes it is nice to know that I have control in my life always have and yah I don't have to worry about ticking off god for making the wrong choice and not being in his will...blah blah blah..

I know what I have to do it is just a matter of going out and doing it....okay and giving myself some time too and being flexiable. I am a big procrastinator so I don't want to get stuck in another rut again.

You have had the power to change your outcome within you all along. It was always you lifting yourself up, it was always you making your day a bit brighter.

Good stuff, jubilant.

This is one of the biggest eye-opening discoveries upon leaving christianity.

We were so used to praying for strength. So used to leaning on God for support. When times got tough, we always knew we could look to Jesus, and he would be there.

Then, we no longer had that avenue. And we ran into a tough circumstance. And, what we discovered is that the power of supporting and strengthening and reassuring had always come from within us.

Very much like the Tin Man, the Lion and the Scarecrow. You don't need the Wizard to give you what you already got.

When you had bad days before, when you believed in God...did they get better? You have had the power to change your outcome within you all along. It was always you lifting yourself up, it was always you making your day a bit brighter. Right now you are transitioning from your faith lifting you up to REALIZING that you and you alone are strong all on your own. Think about that for awhile and feel empowered because you should. :-)

I'm also finding that I can often do something to make myself feel better. Last Sunday before my family returned from church I started making tortillas, but needed some rousing Andre Rieu on the stereo to get me energized. Or I might just read a book or take a bath to relax.

Sparkyone

Mostly I am struggling with being alone, and not having a very good support system or good group of friends..

I also have just a few friends who can understand some of what I'm going through, and I don't expect to have very many anymore. Just not having that expectation is such a weight off me and frees me to enjoy life how it is.

Sparkyone

Yah. You started dating again a little over 10 years ago and look who you got stuck with. :HaHa:

Yeah--a damn nice, sexy wonderful guy!! :wicked:

Yes it is nice to know that I have control in my life always have and yah I don't have to worry about ticking off god for making the wrong choice and not being in his will...blah blah blah..

I believe we have choices and that they aren't good or bad--they are just deciding what we need to do with where we are at and what knowledge we have at that point in our lives--maybe later in life we would have chose differently with other info that we didn't have the first time--again not good or bad--all choices are made to do what we need to to try to make a situation work out alright.

Oh, for chrissake! Get a room.

:HaHa:

Ah Truth, the woman with a hard name.

Hang in there! One thing that is garanteed in life is change.

You have no doubt heard the story of the King who summoned his wise men. He asked them to give him something that would make him happy when he was sad, and sad when he was happy. They went to converse with themselves and then came back with a piece of paper which they gave to the King. When the King read was was written there it read, "This too will pass."

The feeling of being outnumbered and alone can be a real drag. I hope that you will soon discover some new friends. Friends that you can touch.

Oh, for chrissake! Get a room.

:HaHa:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! :lmao: