Goodbye Jesus

More Important Than Truth

R. S. Martin

I'm not sure whether to post this in exChristian Life or General Theology. I'll put it here in exC Life for now and let a mod move it if appropriate.

Once I went so far as to share some of my questions with one of my sisters who is more insightful than most. Before I could stop myself I was saying something like, "But if we look hard at that answer we can't be Christians anymore." She agreed and the topic was closed--might I say it was dropped like a hot potatoe? Now if she had wanted to truly know the truth she would not have let the topic rest there. Must we conclude that, no matter what they say, there are things far more important to Christians than truth?

Yes, I think they see their faith something akin to a security blanket. And like a little kid, can get upset when you try to take it away with reason. Some of them know in the back of their minds if they question enough, they will loose their religion.

Ruby,

In any organization "tradition" is as important as anything else. My Dad, a uS Navy Chief Petty Officer said that "The Navy was 200 years of Tradition unhampered by Progress"

Think from your background, the things done because the Fathers and the Fathers before "did things THIS way". Not because it is right or wrong, "just because".

Focus is totally on the method and never the "why". You dared upset the wheelbarrow of ideas that were accepted and in turn deep.rooted.traditions of the Elect.

Their thoughts will be along line of "How DARE RubySera QUESTION the WISDOM of the ELDERS!!!!!???"

The people you come from and religious folken in general are not encouraged to be very original thinkers, nor to question 'traditions'. Not that they are not 'smart' or 'uninteligent', however their entire corporate society is not confident or expected to think outside the self-set enviroment.

"This way is THE way, don't you DARE forget it!" The mantra of most of society and the way of the Peter Principle.

Only a few of the teeming billions seem to excape the clutches of tradition for traditions sake.

kevinL

Yes, I think they see their faith something akin to a security blanket. And like a little kid, can get upset when you try to take it away with reason. Some of them know in the back of their minds if they question enough, they will loose their religion.

Reminds me of mass attendance days of all the "faithful" with dumb expressions on their faces. There because they fear mortal sin and hell. On the inside, they wish they were in bed or getting fucked. But ohhhh! that religious bliss!