Goodbye Jesus

how many christians are here?

been borg again

Burry The Rag~

Welcome to Ex-C. I heard someone say before that they came to Ex-C for the very same reason. It's a very good reason. :)

I wish you all the best.

Passing the torch~

Tap

Passing the torch~

Hi Tap,

I think it's cool you are able to present yourself in such a non-offensive way. There are many people who obviously disagree with you yet have a warm regard for who you are. Hopefully I will be able to be as diplomatic.

Hey, Please, don't leave now, I just got here...

BtR

Thank you, Reach.

Because of my wife’s educational requirements, we have been required to move around a bit, having living five places in five years. She’s fully edjumiacted at this point and we hope our semi-nomadic lifestyle has ended, (at least long enough for us to sort through all those boxes in our basement). A very strange thing happened along the way, we’d roll into a city, find an apartment and employment and proceed to try and make friends. Some of our friends came from our churches, and they are great people blah, blah, blah. But some of our friends weren’t Christians. We made friends with several Buddhists, one of whom sings in his Christian church’s choir (explain that), an Atheist NT Scholar, several lesbians, a Rastafari dude, a Polyamorist, a Mystic. These are not casual acquaintances, but close friends we spent much time with. Friends we will look up when we return to their areas of the country. The vast majority of these people has some exposure to Christianity, and in some cases, were “very involved” but have since chosen another path. Another friend, and I’m not certain of her religious history, if there was ever any interest in the God of the Bible, it all went out the window when her two-year-old died slowly from a degenerative genetic disease. So we have all these friends who share interests and understanding on many levels, but at some point it was as if we are speaking another language. They don’t understand me, and I don’t understand them. This forum seemed like an excellent place for me to learn why someone would want to walk away.

Thanks for asking,

BtR

you seem like a cool down to earth guy not to demonize other people... may the force be with you.

Too add to your wacky friend list. I just got a job teaching praise and worship guitar songs to students and people involved in worship bands around my city.

My boss is a worship pastor, who runs a sucsessful business sevicing the musical needs of local christian churches who want to establish their own worship bands

Oh that just is just hilarious, how am I going to keep from laughing when I sing the song, " CLose your eyes Jesus is coming"? I guess I am laughing from the Joy of the Lord that I feel.

"Hey, Please, don't leave now, I just got here...

BtR"

I’m not going anywhere....... :)

But I will be out of the Country and have no access to a computer a good chunk of the summer.

Tap

you seem like a cool down to earth guy not to demonize other people... may the force be with you.

Thank you, Been Borg Again. I have a “Public Sins/Private Sins” philosophy. These are my words, not anything you’ll find in the Bible (and you probably already knew that) But there are some things that are really ugly and anyone can see that. If you’ve ever had anyone you care about strung out on Cocaine (and I have), it’s a scary thing that anyone can see as really bad. It would be easy for someone like me to say, “He needs Jesus!” Then I take an example from my own life where I am all dressed up in my powder-blue bigbell Polyester suit, with clip-on tie, (hey, it was the ‘70s and my Mom made me wear it) and I am in Sunday School every week and I know all the songs and I am nice to my teachers and I’m just a peachy-keen kid…all the time having a really wicked heart. Anyone can look at Mr./Mrs. Coke and see there is a problem, but probably no one would have guessed that I did too. Public Sins/Private Sins, no people are deamons.

Too add to your wacky friend list. I just got a job teaching praise and worship  guitar songs to students and people involved in worship bands around my city.

My boss is a worship pastor, who runs a sucsessful business sevicing the musical needs of local christian churches who want to establish their own worship bands

Oh that just is just hilarious, how am I going to keep from laughing when I sing the song, " CLose your eyes Jesus is coming"? I guess I am laughing from the Joy of the Lord that I feel.

That is wacky! Can I ask you a question? Please don’t feel obligated to answer. But why are you promoting something you don’t believe in? If it’s just a good job, then I understand that, I guess. You love music, OK. But what gives?

BtR

"Hey, Please, don't leave now, I just got here...

BtR"

I’m not going anywhere....... :)

But I will be out of the Country and have no access to a computer a good chunk of the summer.

Tap

Tap, Enjoy your trip, you will be missed. BtR

Can I ask you a question? Please don’t feel obligated to answer. But why are you promoting something you don’t believe in? If it’s just a good job, then I understand that, I guess. You love music, OK. But what gives?

BtR

well I still like the music itself, the melodies are soothing even if the words mean nothing to me, I played 3 chord maranatha songs for years at my old church.

As far as promoting something I dont beleive in, I dont really care about that. I am only a drop in the ocean of humanity, and it dont make one bit of difference if I support or not support christian worship music. the sun will still rise in the morning and the world is still the same regardless of my teaching christian music or not.

And I am being a bit of a whore too, because I would make the same $$$ at $15 an hour working 20 hours, than these other fulltime jobs I am looking for at half the money... they both equal the same paycheck but 20 hour less work.

And you know everybody and their mother is a musician, so its incredibaly hard to find a reliable music job that pays, unless your a working band, even if your moderatly sucsessfull, the income is still poor after you pay all the bills and spilt the money up... and the countless hours that is invested not getting paid at all.

well I still like the music itself, the melodies are soothing even if the words mean nothing to me, I played 3 chord maranatha songs for years at my old church.

As far as promoting something I dont beleive in, I dont really care about that. I am only a drop in the ocean of humanity, and it dont make one bit of difference if I support  or not support christian worship music. the sun will still rise in the morning and the world is still the same regardless of my teaching christian music or not.

And I am being a bit of a whore too, because  I would make the same $$$ at $15 an hour working 20 hours, than these other  fulltime jobs I am looking for at half the money... they both equal the same paycheck but 20 hour less work.

And you know everybody and their mother is a musician, so its incredibaly hard to find a  reliable music job that pays, unless your a working band,  even if your moderatly sucsessfull, the income is still poor after you pay all the bills and spilt the money up... and the  countless hours that is invested not getting paid at all.

OK, that makes sence. Thanks! BtR