Goodbye Jesus

Here's A Question

Megara

What a strange query, considering the nature of this forum. But I'll play along with the gag...

Yes, I do HATE Christianity. I hate it with a passion and for all the reasons thus far written and even more. It is a MIND CONTROL CULT, pure and simple. And while it is true that there are some "good people" in this cult (as there are in every other religion), that doesn't excuse Christianity. These people would be "good" with or without the mindfuck.

I, like Nivek, could list ad infinitum the myriad reasons I hate Christianity, but for the NUMBERO UNO, Hot Button Issue that does it for me, look no further than this statement from Douglas...

I'm one of the haters. I hate it for all the BS it has caused not only in my life but through out history. I wish I could speak my mind in public but I have to suppress my feelings........most of the time.

Bingo! The Christian Cult is so powerful that Atheist Free Speech and Liberty has been MURDERED! It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. If you're not One Of Them (a lobotomized sheep) then you're de facto "evil" and something must be done about you. You must be made to accept their dead man on a stick in order to be "good" -- like them.

THEY are the crazy fucks who believe in invisible sky spooks and resurrected dead saviors coming back to save them with his blood, and yet WE'RE the ones who need to keep silent? :twitch:

Do you hate Christianity? Why or why not?

Yes. It's a repulsive religion which preaches eternal torment for "sinners" (with the vast majority of "sins" being totally harmless actions, hardly worthy of any punishment, much less the neverending kind), debased submission to a tyrannical god, and a god who is depicted as being murderous, egomaniacal, hypocritical, and wholly unjust. Furthermore, it preaches all this for a god that cannot be proven to exist, and can actually be proven to not exist based on the contradictory nature of his characteristics.

Also, this religion, when practiced according to its holy book, is a very dangerous thing and is responsible for bringing much stress and internal unrest into a believer's life, and this religion is also responsible for many deaths, much torture, and immense social repression and the retardation of social evolution. It's been an absolute plague on humanity for over 2000 years.

Xianity is only worthy of hate.

Indeed, I've had to learn to censor myself and what I say. Even people who are not Christians, get offended when you say anything against Christianity.

It's like you've grown up with an abusive parent who is also a beloved member of the community. When you try to talk about your hurt, pain, and rage at the years of abuse, you are the one looked on as the villian.

Indeed, I've had to learn to censor myself and what I say. Even people who are not Christians, get offended when you say anything against Christianity.

It's like you've grown up with an abusive parent who is also a beloved member of the community. When you try to talk about your hurt, pain, and rage at the years of abuse, you are the one looked on as the villian.

I know, it's as if Christianity were a sacred cow and no one is supposed to criticize it. I've had to learn to hold my tongue and be careful about what I say in regards to religion around most people.

I also hate it that most people assume when they are talking to me that I am a Christian, they never bother to actually ask me what my beliefs are on the matter.

Do you hate Christianity? Why or why not?

Yes, I hate Christianity. It is the same reason a jew hates nazism. Even if nazism were to become so reformed, they often times condemned former nazi behavior, that makes it no less dangerous or intelligent to believe.