Goodbye Jesus

My Dad Asked If My Friend's Christian

Onyx

On holiday, my dad walked in me MSNing with a friend and asked if he's Christian. I had this expression of "What the Hell?" then I told the friend, he said he wasn't. :HaHa:

He have this thing about atheists. "Atheists are like dogs." he'd say.

He almost threw me out of his house when he found out I'm atheist.

It took begging and pleading but I'm back in his graces. Only as an assumed Christian. Only if he saw my Bebo... :wicked:

Now I'm at Mum's most of the time. She's not perfect, either but at least she doesn't ask after me and preach at me. I can go to my gay forum support group, this forum and not worry about my dad being mad at me.

As usual, I have no best friend as of yet. I've met a lot of people, as great they are, I can't really spark a conversation with them without appearing weird to them, then they go away in time. Are there something wrong with me? I dunno.

So this is my life and I'm not sentimental about it. I understand it happens and I accept it. It doesn't mean I should have a miserable life but that I should have a great life. So should others.

After all, I'm too unusual to live, too rare to die. Life blasts in my face and I want the fullness of it on my face. :woohoo:

Here am I, back in EXC town!

And people wonder why we hate Christianity?!? :blink: Just look at the "tolerant and loving" people it creates.

Fuck.

Every time, without fail, that I bring my girlfriend with me to see my family, they start asking questions like "What church do you go to?". At Christmas, they even, in a very angry tone, asked "What religion are you?". And they wonder why I rarely let them see her.

After all, I'm too unusual to live, too rare to die. Life blasts in my face and I want the fullness of it on my face. :woohoo:

Welcome home, Onyx! You belong here. Stick to your values and perhaps you will find friends. If not you will at least feel at home and at peace with your own Self. I think that is what counts. That will make you a nice person to have around. Maybe there will be no close bosom friends but people will be nice and say thank you when you hold the door for them or pick something up for them that they dropped or give them directions to wherever they want to go. It's these little things that make life pleasant. As your light shines it will be reflected back to you.

Some people won't like your love for life. Don't be surprised if they do nasty things to you--the nicer you are the nastier they may be. Stay away from them if you can. I'm glad you can live with your mother and that she is nice to you.

Welcome back, Onyx! :wave:

I look forward to the day when you'll be able to support yourself and get away from the close-minded tripe. Best wishes!!!!

I can't really spark a conversation with them without appearing weird to them, then they go away in time. Are there something wrong with me? I dunno.

Don't say that. You're fine just the way you are. You're one of our favorites here.

Although you did lose me for a week or two after you changed your username.

You're a valued member at ex-c, and always will be.

m.

Hey everybody! My dad's away from me and I'm thankful for it.

Love y'all! :)

I'm going to post some satirical stories in the future, so watch the space. Maybe some opinions as well.

I would love to hear your complete testimony.