Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

Today I slept in nice and late. I got up well after noon and just hung out with the spouse all day. I made a thai red curry beef stir fry for lunch, then we celebrated Easter by watching "The God Who Wasn't There" and "The Wicker Man" (the superb original version, not the travesty that is the recent remake). I'm going to try to convince him to watch "Life of Brian" next, but I'm not too worried about it.

Oh yeah. And I got a cute haircut. And thought of some other stuff to post on my atheist blog. And have generally just been a major slacker all day.

And I still haven't done my taxes yet.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played World of Warcraft. Got my character to finally pass the Triage quest (for high level first aid). Seems like it would be useful. Last night, my guild raided a dungeon in the game called Zul'Farrak. It was much fun.

Also went shopping and bought a couple of new tops. I have a bunch of interviews coming up because my current contract is at an end, and I needed something nice to wear under my blazer.

As usual, I had a nice lie-in this morning. It used to seem really strange and wrong to not be going to church on Sunday morning. Now it's seems perfectly natural and it's great. I'm thoroughly enjoying worsipping at the church of the 12-hour sleep...my bed. :HaHa:

Went to eat breakfast and plan on working on homework for the rest of the day.

Got up at 7am, made coffee, fiddled around on the Mac, did the morning fasted-cardio walking, now getting ready for yard work. Later I'll sit on the front porch and enjoy the yard and smoke a cigar.

Short version: Cat sitting, dog sitting, karate, ceiling renovations, a BIG dish of gelati, dismantling an old couch, more cat sitting and dog sitting, a roast beef dinner.

And now, finally, a nice glass of Goldschlager liqueur. (slurps down some cinnamon-scented flakes of gold leaf)

Really short version: homework, Star Trek, sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up at 11am, enjoyed a cool glass of tea.

Alarm woke me up at eleven. Breakfast at home (tea and oatmeal), then Red and I headed off to get tested for our yellow belts in karate. (At the end of Wednesday class we'll know if we passed, but it looks good.) When it was all over, I was so drained from the nervous tension that I found myself knocking stuff over and dropping objects -- Spilled my coffee during lunch.

I picked up a book that I had ordered, an English translation of Friedrich Spee von Langenfeld's Cautio Criminalis. We also stocked up on candy at the drug store before coming back home.

Back at home, I read the introduction and ate a lot of caramels, then went out and worked for about an hour on a re-cladding project at the back of the house. Got out my bass guitar and sat on the front steps practicing for another hour, then spent the rest of the evening herding cats and eating pasta with lots and LOTS of garlic.

Got up late as Sunday is the only day I don't work. Made breakfast for my gf and the kids, went to the store to get stuff for going to my parents for the day. Went and visited with my Mom, Dad and sister for the day. Came home, took a nap, then put the kids to bed. Banged my gf until 11:45 PM...

That was my Sunday, and a damned good one it was.

Although I deconverted in 2004, I continued attending church with my wife until about two months ago. She knew I thought xianity and god-belief was bullshit, but I think she wanted to avoid questions, and maybe hoped I'd "return to the fold".

One night I was looking at the church's website, which they just HAD to have, you know, to reach out to the unsaved (and which is pitifully ignored even by members), and decided I'd had enough. I clicked the 'contact us' link and politely asked to be removed from the media team. Yes, I was running the powerpoint almost three years after deconversion. Shit, it was better than sitting with the sheep!

Well, that night I had had a bit of liquid courage so I added that I also wanted removed from church membership. :drink:

The pastor called a couple days later when she got the news (from South Carolina while on vacation!) wanting to know if it was something she did or said, and if I'd like to get together and talk. I declined and just said that I didn't want any official affiliation at this time.

Since then I've gone with my wife maybe once, and though she isn't happy about it, she hasn't thrown a hissy fit.

So....Today I'm enjoying a morning beer buzz :beer: and will be doing yard work when I get off the computer.

Happy church-free Sunday everyone, and thanks to Dave the WM for this wonderful site :party:

Dan

So....Today I'm enjoying a morning beer buzz :beer: and will be doing yard work when I get off the computer.

Happy church-free Sunday everyone, and thanks to Dave the WM for this wonderful site :party:

Dan, welcome to productive Sundays!

It's amazing the things you can get done when you get an extra day on the calendar.....

Say hey! I'm drinking coffee and hanging out with some most interesting people at Ex-C on a Sunday morning! I'm a sinner.

As soon as I finish my hot chocolate, I'll be working on some sticky homework problems. This evening, I plan on either watching or taping The Simpsons 400th episode.

Went on a paranormal research investigation with my gf again last night until 5 am this morning. Slept in until 11. Made my gf a late breakfast and fed my kids lunch. Sat down to review evidence from last night's investigation, which I am listening to right now...

Slept in later than usual this morning. My back was bothering me a good bit last night so I took a muscle relaxer last night. Slept like a baby and woke up without an aching back. Read the Sunday paper then went back upstairs and took a long soak in a bubble bath. Showered and treated myself with some wonderfully refreshing skin care concoctions that left me smelling like mint. Started laundry and watched a bit of Indy bump day. Plans for the remainder of the day include finishing my laundry, watching the boob tube with hubby and messing around on the internet.

Slept till 8 this morning, made love, ate breakfast, made another resolution to stop debating with zealots, grabbed a cup of coffee, lit a cigar, enjoying the front porch with a cool breeze and a fountain. Life is good.

It's RACE DAY! First the Indy 500 then the 600 lapper at Charlotte. This race fan is indeed a happy woman today.

Woke up at 8:30. Got onto the computer and started working on my math homework, which I will continue to do until Monday afternoon or so. Laundry to do (which I forgot to do last weekend). A thorough cleaning of the bathroom is also in order.

Woke up, bright early about midday... missed the church bells... cat came and danced on me otherwise I'd have slept in...

Well, Tom (my significant other), my three kids, and I headed out the door around 8:30am to head on over to the lake at Indiantown Gap to find a good spot for a BBQ. We thought we were the shit out-smartin everyone by scoutin for a prime spot. Shoot man! A good 80% of the spots were gone already! Hell, some people even set up BBQ grills, chairs, extra tables and didn't show up until HOURS later! I suspect those people were the "church people." We finally found a spot, behind the bathrooms, beside the trails (heavy traffic on the trails today). We made the best of it, though. Great food (I am the grill master!), great family fun... Tom and I brought along some beads and we made some turquoise necklaces, I walked the trails with my daughter, my boys played their damn Nintendo DS's of course. We had 1 female duck circle around us very closely eyeing us debating whether or not we were friend or foe. Then 4 geese came on over grazing My kids were petrified... one goose got about 2 feet away from where we were sitting on the ground. They were afraid the goose would attack. LOL I was amazed at how friendly they were. We finally got home around 2 something. I'm sitting here sunburned, stomach stuffed, and peacefully happy.

I was up late last night drinking... got to bed around 4am. So I slept in till noon. I got up and ate a little. Then I got a call from my sister who wanted to see the new Shrek movie. So I went to that.

I did some food-shopping. And when I got home I realized I needed to rack my hard cider. So, I drank a bunch of it... and racked the rest into clean 2-liter bottles since I have nothing else.

And now I am just browsing the web before bed. Overall, a good Sunday.

Well, I'l going to make this a weekly tradition. Every week I am going to post in this thread and tell you all what I did (or am going to do) with my Sunday instead of wasting it in church. All XC's are welcome to join in.

Great idea. And to really make it appropriate, I'm actually sitting with a cup of coffee as I write this ...

It's about 12:30 PM here; if I were a churchgoer, I would have got up early, attended their self-debasement rituals, got home, changed into more casual clothes, and would be more of less settling down about now to start actually enjoying the day.

Instead -- I set the alarm for 11 AM, actually got up at about 11:30. (Stayed up until about 5 AM reading a "can't put it down" book.) Right now I'm working on my second cup of coffee; generally two cups is about what it takes to get all my neurons firing in the right order.

Plans for today are (1) dump a bunch of stuff on my TiVo (which is almost full) to videotape, and (2) put my other PC through a hard-core virus/spyware/etc. scan and cleaning, which involves running several programs in sequence and takes a few hours (I've got two Internet-connected PCs and generally do one per weekend, as a regular thing, to keep them clean). Both of those are "hurry up and wait" deals, so I'll be more or less aimlessly drifting during that time -- might listen to some CDs, web surf or play PC games, watch a DVD, etc. Really exciting stuff, huh? :)

I was up at 8am... but because I wanted to be. Not because of anything else. I just sat around the house for a while and pet my cat. Then I cooked breakfast. Browsed the web for a bit, caught up with a friend I haven't heard from in forever, and cleaned out my inbox. Now I am going to go to the pool and go swimming. Then I will go to St. Augustine and walk around the old city and maybe do some shopping.

A pretty good Sunday.

Hmm...got up around 9 am. Watched a trivia competition that was taped right here on the Central Washington University campus (thought about talking to the host, who is a student here). Am currently eating a chocolate muffin and drinking an Italian soda.

For the rest of the day, am planning on watching The Simpsons 400th episode and studying for my last two finals of my school career (in the immediate future).