Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

I'm so sorry for your loss Deva! My Tigger died in January of kidney failure, he was 18. I was just thinking yesterday that it's time to get another kitty, but at the same time I enjoy not having the responsibility. Maybe I need to volunteer at a local no-kill cat shelter, just to get my fur-hunger satisfied.

I love gardening, but I live in Zone 3 so I have no idea what's possible on a Florida patio. Do you ever participate on the Gardenweb forums?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sorry for your loss Deva! My Tigger died in January of kidney failure, he was 18. I was just thinking yesterday that it's time to get another kitty, but at the same time I enjoy not having the responsibility. Maybe I need to volunteer at a local no-kill cat shelter, just to get my fur-hunger satisfied.

I love gardening, but I live in Zone 3 so I have no idea what's possible on a Florida patio. Do you ever participate on the Gardenweb forums?

Thanks Litha. I sure don't know if I am ever going to get another cat. It is a big responsibility. While I was spending the 4 hours in two different vet offices on Friday I heard a few people get bad news, such as "your estimate is $3,000."

Yet it is hard right now to think of a prolonged period of time without the company of another of these wonderful creatures.

I have some ideas for the patio. At one time I had some beautiful anthuriums and bougainvillia does very well, as long as it is cut back. I am even thinking a dwarf lemon tree. But I have to keep in mind that all of these things must be dragged into the house if another hurricane threatens, so it can't get very large.

I am not familiar with the Gardenweb forums.

I could have posted in this last week, but forgot to. I was being forced to attend services at my parents' cult three times a week until I left for college, and I moved in last Thursday. :D So far I've sat around watching Keith Olbermann vids on YouTube.

Good morning all!

I am feeling healthy and happy this morning, I am over my illness and my empty-nest funk. I should clean, I fell behind in housework while I was sick and my house is a wreck. I just don't feel like it though. :tongue:

My white noise cd has been a real sanity-saver. When the neighbors start belowing and slamming their kitchen cabinets I just start my faux dishwasher and barely hear a thing.

To complete this perfect experience, our heat spell is broken. My windsheild was almost frosty this morning when I headed to Caribou for coffee (can you tell what I'm drinking now smellincoffe?).

It looks like I'm all alone in here, but that's ok. It's Sunday morning and I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm lurking... I did my usual Sunday ritual of 'laying in bed listening to MP3s and mulling on how Sangeovese is no body's friend'.

I'm lurking... I did my usual Sunday ritual of 'laying in bed listening to MP3s and mulling on how Sangeovese is no body's friend'.

I'm slowly waking up and shaking off an evening of too many cigars and too much tequila.......and bourbon.....but it was the wife's 50th birthday party so it was for a good cause. One more round of ibuprofen and I should be good to go.

well, it is sunday afternoon already over here... and what did I do so far? get up real late, ate some weird mix of food so far (including grapes, cereal, yoghurt, spinach pie, onion cake, an apple, a peach... lol), and been watching F1 inbetween... and painting a couple of miniatures. Btw the weather is also nice today, so I have my windows wide open and some fresh air in this loft...

Seems many people are quite sleepy today, I wonder why. it's neither spring nor summer nor winter, since when makes a rather sunny fall one lazy?

*stretch* I could use a massage, I think... and this room could use a cleanup. I just don't feel like it. Anyone care to help? ;)

Just woke up. Bit of headache, but I don't think it was the cigar or the wine or the whiskey yesterday... more likely a little cold. Anyway, today I have to work in the morning (Yay me! :(), and then we'll go to a brunch at the marina. After that, I guess we'll just play some games at home.

Ephesos, my room is a mess too. Should we switch? It's usually easier to fix someone else's junk. :grin:

when it's someone else's junk all you need is bucket chute attached to a convenient window, with a skip at the bottom...

when it's someone else's junk all you need is bucket chute attached to a convenient window, with a skip at the bottom...

What is this 'skip' you speak of? Something like a wheelbarrow?

I should add to my list. Headache is gone, I have finished some reading (if you can call laboring through Neal Stephenson reading) and will eventually attempt to print some recent photos from Alaska, hopefully suitable for framing. And perhaps start a batch of Chocolate Orange Port wine.

I just woke up to the news of my close friend blowing his brains out. What a great way to start out the morning.

What is this 'skip' you speak of? Something like a wheelbarrow?

I should add to my list. Headache is gone, I have finished some reading (if you can call laboring through Neal Stephenson reading) and will eventually attempt to print some recent photos from Alaska, hopefully suitable for framing. And perhaps start a batch of Chocolate Orange Port wine.

skip2.gif

There you go... I think you chaps may call them dumpsters...

Yesterday, I didn't wake up until 4 PM. I went to work. I got home. I got stoned and drunk, and stoned some more. It's now 7 15 AM, and I am not even tired yet.

I just woke up to the news of my close friend blowing his brains out. What a great way to start out the morning.

Rip, I'm so very sorry! I went through this a couple of years ago but my friend miraculously survived and recovered most of his physical and mental faculties. [apologies to all for using the "m" word, but what else can you call it?]

It was still a shock, he was the last person I would have expected that from. He seemed to have it all, beautiful wife, fabulous new home, etc. He was always the one making sure everyone else was having a good time and getting a fair shake. I felt bad that no one was looking out for him.

I visited a local spring that was revered by the local tribe as a sacred place, and is now revered by environmentalists as an extremely rare ecosystem.

The local tribe believed that the veil between this world and the next was very thin in this place, and that the spirits of the ancestors could rise up from the depths to bestow blessings. Naturalists believe that water and gas are pushing up through layers of limestone to create a very unusual place with unusual flora and fauna.

As I stood next to an ancient tree [approx. 4-5 feet in diameter] and watched the water bubbling up in this pool. I did feel as though my brain waves were drifting into a meditative state. The soil here is fluffy from the constant upward pressure, very unlike normal soil that is compacted by gravity. And ripples start in the pool as though a pebble had been thrown, but there is no pebble. The overall effect is otherworldly, I can understand why it was considered sacred.

I think I'll have to visit there more often.

[edited to correct typo]

RIP, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Got up just after noon, fed cats, ate some instant oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. Karate class, stopped off at home to feed cats again, then had a leisurely second breakfast at Sal's at about 4 p.m.

Went to the parental units' home and finished installing their new front sidewalk... In total, about 200 paving stones, gently sloping upwards from streetside to the steps of their front deck. Literally took a month of Sundays to finish, and finally t's done.

Headed over to a late-night drugstore for an emergency chocolate run.

Ate leftover jambalaya for supper, with a hot toddy of homemade apple juice and a shot of brandy.

Practiced violin for the better part of an hour, then pulled out my 12-string guitar and started sightreading the clarinet music that's currently on the music stand. (scratches head and frowns, then shrugs and switches to playing old Wishbone Ash tunes)

Got up just after noon, fed cats, ate some instant oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. Karate class, stopped off at home to feed cats again, then had a leisurely second breakfast at Sal's at about 4 p.m.

Went to the parental units' home and finished installing their new front sidewalk... In total, about 200 paving stones, gently sloping upwards from streetside to the steps of their front deck. Literally took a month of Sundays to finish, and finally t's done.

Headed over to a late-night drugstore for an emergency chocolate run.

Ate leftover jambalaya for supper, with a hot toddy of homemade apple juice and a shot of brandy.

Practiced violin for the better part of an hour, then pulled out my 12-string guitar and started sightreading the clarinet music that's currently on the music stand. (scratches head and frowns, then shrugs and switches to playing old Wishbone Ash tunes)

A musician! oh, I am jealous. Making music must be just about the most spiritual thing a person can do. I was born into a very musical family but inherited no talent whatsoever.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe this thread sat for over a month! Time to dust it off.....

Woke up early (and then turned the clock back another hour) and started writing. By 9:30 I had another 2000+ words, well over my daily quota for this year's National Novel Writing Month contest. I'm about 500 words ahead of the pace required to reach 50,000 words by November 30. (You can read my rough draft as it goes up HERE)

Even productivity can be relaxing and blissful on a Sunday morning...

I woke up around the time I usually do (I wanted to sleep in, given that I had an extra hour to play with, but I couldn't go back to sleep) and listened to a few podcasts -- the most recent Skeptic's Guide and Point of Inquiry. I was dismayed to see that Jimmy Swaggart was on some station. I didn't watch it, just griped about it when I called my parents to say hello.

For some reason, people are unusually unfriendly today. I'm on a college campus (the University of Montevallo) and usually people are very friendly...but not today.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, me and my 15 year old step-daughter are having a little makeover party at noon. No churchie for us! :lol:

Currently we're putting up more bookcases in my office :)

Currently we're putting up more bookcases in my office :)

This brings up an interesting subject, something I've been thinking through lately. In the interest of uncluttering the house and also looking forward to a probably more mobile lifestyle as soon as we can get untethered from 8-5 daily jobs, furniture interests me. As do such archaic things as collections of paper in bound form. I've always loved the thought of an office surrounded by dark wooden shelves filled with relics and books, but my father is about to donate his entire library of theological and spiritual books since neither of his kids desire it. So basically he collected books, most of which I doubt he has cracked in thirty years, and filled his pathetically small office with them to the extent he barely has room for his desk. All that, just to give them away later. In other words his offices over the years served as storage space instead of as a creative work space.

Ah well, it's just a thought. We're about to redecorate our sitting room into a wine room so that we might actually use it. More furniture we'll have to sell in the not too distant future. *sigh*

OK, back to the novel writing...

Guest open eyes

I woke up around ten. I am drinking a coca cola classic to wake up because I don't drink coffee. I am waiting for my husband to wake up, then we will probably eat lunch because we are never awake for breakfast. After lunch, I plan on experiencing my "church" outside. I will be going for a jog or bike ride around a nearby lake. It is so peaceful, and is my spiritual reflection time. The rest of the afternoon will be filled with spending time with my family, my husband, my pekingese, a kitten, and a cat. We may watch some movies and have a few drinks. Weekends are way too short......