Goodbye Jesus

black and blue balmy bloated babyonian babies

been borg again

If you believe in Noahs Flood,

how is it possible to perceive God as Love?

Have you seen the aftermath and videos of the Tsunami?

How to justify the Flood, with so many innocent babies washed away?

How to justify the collective suffering from a God who just wiped everything away?

Could Satan cause as much collective suffering?

Name ONE example of Satan killing another.

Can you imagine Noah giving God praises at night while he falls asleep to the rythmic

bumping of all the dead bloated babies hitting against the side of his boat?

If it was Gods choice to purge the world of sin, how come it failed so badly?

What was the sin of the children?

This was an expression of Holiness and Perfect Justice?

If this bible story is true, we are worthless meat to God.

dont matter if your a inoccent child or a violent criminal..

Gods " perfect" Love is a cruel joke and a lie.

Why all the daycare cute Noahs Ark decorating themes?

It gives me the creeps.

I wish I could go to these daycares and

paint dead babies floating around Noahs Ark.

The fact of the matter is, god could have handled things differently in every one of the bible stories without contradicting love, or justice.

God has no need for justice anyways since nothing should be able to hurt a perfect being. Theres no need for such a horendous reaction to us. So if god were to excercise justice it would be to our benefit and not his. Gods justice would be very different if it were for our benefit. It would be both loving and just which would be more along the lines of rehabilitation of INDIVIDUALS and not the sweeping judgements that we read so often in the bible. The book says god can do anything. If that is so god can be both just and loving without contradiction. But we don't see that in scripture to often.

I swear this is appearent even to a child.

Guest alice51
Why all the daycare  cute  Noahs Ark decorating themes?

It gives me the creeps.

Yes lets try to market a line of wall paper and toys the reenacts the Tsunami and see how cute it is.

So if god were to excercise justice it would be to our benefit and not his. Gods justice would be very different if it were for our benefit. It would be both loving and just which would be more along the lines of rehabilitation of INDIVIDUALS and not the sweeping judgements that we read so often in the bible.

I swear this is appearent even to a child.

Could it be that King James' team misinterpreted the writings to an unprecedented fault? Wouldn't it be less than funny to find out a lot of people have passionate blind faith in an interpretation filled with significant errors? :eek: Many here are soulfully sorrowful at the perception of massive deaths perpetrated by the claim of a higher power... yeah, there are also a lot of presuppositions here. One, that this is an accurate interpretation of the original text. Two, that death is worst than life, because who knows what happens when one leaves this body... it might be a whole lot better... and none of us have concrete evidence either way for that. Who knows, this might be "hell" or we might all just keep coming back till we get it right. :scratch: It seems that opposites do define each other, the yen and yang. How can one appreciate happiness unless one has known sorrow, appreciate life unless there is death, etc.? What exists beyond our boundaries of existing perceptions?

Could it be that King James' team misinterpreted the writings to an unprecedented fault? Wouldn't it be less than funny to find out a lot of people have passionate blind faith in an interpretation filled with significant errors?  :eek:    Many here are soulfully sorrowful at the perception of massive deaths perpetrated by the claim of a higher power... yeah, there are also a lot of presuppositions here. One, that this is an accurate interpretation of the original text.

What book of the god of abraham are you talking about? Are you trying to say that god is not an asshole in the Jews O.T. ? Even the real bible depicts god as an asshat.

Two, that death is worst than life, because who knows what happens when one leaves this body... it might be a whole lot better... and none of us have concrete evidence either way for that.

For some life may very well be worse than death. Not so for most people. But we can only reason on evidence. Anything is possible. I could be invisible when ever I or others are not looking at me. Its possible.....

Since we do not know what comes after this life its probably best to make the most of this life that we know of. I want to know what is probable.

Who knows, this might be "hell" or we might all just keep coming back till we get it right.   :scratch:   It seems that opposites do define each other, the yen and yang. How can one appreciate happiness unless one has known sorrow, appreciate life unless there is death, etc.? What exists beyond our boundaries of existing perceptions?

You are guessing and have nothing to go on. But thats ok. It's cool. I just prefer not to think like that. There is no reason for me too.

Why all the daycare  cute  Noahs Ark decorating themes?

It gives me the creeps.

The fine folks at The Brick Testament had the same idea...

Noah_1.jpg

Noah_2.jpg

The fine folks at The Brick Testament had the same idea...

Noah_2.jpg

"Oohh, How cute, look Peter see all the dead people."

"But mom, why are they dead?"

"Because God loved them so much so he wanted to kill them so they could go to a better place."

"But mom, why arent those at the boat dead?"

"You see Peter, those are the good people that made a boat for all animals, to save them."

"But, but mom, why didn't they save the other people?"

"Becuase the other people weren't good enough"

"He took the boat all by himself, what a prick!"

"PETER! No cussing or God will kill you too!"

Noah_1.jpg

Crash course in swimming. Swim or die!

Could it be that King James' team misinterpreted the writings to an unprecedented fault? Wouldn't it be less than funny to find out a lot of people have passionate blind faith in an interpretation filled with significant errors?  :eek:    Many here are soulfully sorrowful at the perception of massive deaths perpetrated by the claim of a higher power... yeah, there are also a lot of presuppositions here. One, that this is an accurate interpretation of the original text. Two, that death is worst than life, because who knows what happens when one leaves this body... it might be a whole lot better... and none of us have concrete evidence either way for that. Who knows, this might be "hell" or we might all just keep coming back till we get it right.   :scratch:   It seems that opposites do define each other, the yen and yang. How can one appreciate happiness unless one has known sorrow, appreciate life unless there is death, etc.? What exists beyond our boundaries of existing perceptions?

I doubt KJV misinterpreted the texts to a degree that they would totally botch it up and make God look like a monster with an underdeveloped sense of Morality.

( not to say this is your position, but it reminds me of a few perspectives I have run across in the past, mostly from the liberal christian crowd that likes to cherry pick the goods parts of the bible, and ignore the rest)

The problem is with the original texts& stories itself and its original anthropomorphicalizations ( hey I think I made up a new word) of how a god should act within the context of the cultural and moral norms of the day.

Ancient Society never saw anything

wrong with the abuse of power, even if it meant killing multitudes of people..

might is right. ,...and the underdeveloped morality of ancient civilization rears its ugliness whenever they wrote of the perfect justice of God.

I kind of agree with your optimistic explination of suffering... that is along the lines of " how can we ever know what Good is unless we experience Bad to compare.?"

This dicotomy makes sense from a mystical philosophical point of view.

But I highly disagree that the bible texts are so grossly misinterpreted that every story of god-caused suffering is inaccurate,. There is no evidence whatsoever.

What book of the god of abraham are you talking about? Are you trying to say that god is not an asshole in the Jews O.T. ? Even the real bible depicts god as an asshat.

I apologize if the framing of these quotes are not displayed correctly. :shrug:

Are you talking about the King James Version as the real Bible? :lmao: I think you might be very surprised what the original text does say! My studies in three years of seminary studying the original text (mostly the NT) find most of you on this site are more accurately similar to my conclusions than most Christians I know. Anyway, that's my perception, at this time of my life.

Since we do not know what comes after this life its probably best to make the most of this life that we know of.

Absolutely! How often and how many times do we get to have this wonderful experience we are having even today! NO ONE KNOWS! Many times many of us take for granted each valuable moment of life, no matter what our situation. No science has yet come up with the explanation of what exactly animates a living organism, have they?

I apologize if the framing of these quotes are not displayed correctly. :shrug:

Are you talking about the King James Version as the real Bible? :lmao: I think you might be very surprised what the original text does say! My studies in three years of seminary studying the original text (mostly the NT) find most of you on this site are more accurately similar to my conclusions than most Christians I know. Anyway, that's my perception, at this time of my life.

Since we do not know what comes after this life its probably best to make the most of this life that we know of.

Absolutely! How often and how many times do we get to have this wonderful experience we are having even today! NO ONE KNOWS! Many times many of us take for granted each valuable moment of life, no matter what our situation. No science has yet come up with the explanation of what exactly animates a living organism, have they?

No the Tanakh is the real bible. Yes. I was raised on the King James, and yes there are some problems with it. But in the real bible god is still an asshat .

Sorry for not making that clear. I don't always typre coherently but I am working on it. hehe.