Goodbye Jesus

World's Blankiest Blank

leftofpunk

Yesterday when i was working on my Video Production II assignment I had the TV on in the background. It was on Spike TV and The World's Most Amazing Videos was on. Nothing too serious or distracting. Good for background noise.

One story did catch my attention though. There was some flash flood and a lady was stuck on top of a car while the water was rising. During the interview piece that they cut back and forth to she was talking about how she thought she was left there for good and that she was going to die. The video footage showed her on her back holding on. She talked about how she was paralyzed and couldn't move she was so sore.

Then of course out of nowhere the chopper arrives and there's a guy on a rope being lowered to her. She's so tired and scared and sore she can't move so he's gotta get the straps around her securely while she's there limp as can be. The rescue worker finally gets it around her and the chopper lifts then up narrowly avoiding power lines.

Great little story right? Well then she says something that pisses me off. She says that she knows someone was watching over her and that divine intervention had taken place. Damn that angers me. There was nothing divine about it. Someone spotted her (the camera guy) and phoned 911. From there a team of rescuers were dispatched. Some heroic guy risked his own damn life to save hers and she gives NO CREDIT to the people responsible for saving her ass!

Then of course Christians will bitch and moan on Sundays how mankind is evil hateful and sinful and that it must be time of the Second Coming because people are so fucked up these days. No doubt this bitch is one of them.

/rant :Hmm:

From a particular mindset, it doesn't make much sense to give credit to people when you've been taught that they're all evil and hellbound. :shrug:

:Wendywhatever:

This angers me too, also from a different angle...she says this as a dead body is pulled from the water a block away. So special she must feel. (I don't know if there was a dead body or not, but you know.)

Nothing like that warm and fuzzy feeling believers get when they get pulled out of a bad situation. What a total crock of shit. It's always easy for the believer to consider themselves blessed and not bat an eye to the people that were injured or killed i the same situation because it's all part of God's Plan. And when they DO get hurt, they blame themselves. THAT is depressing.