Goodbye Jesus

God's Presence?

garrisonjj

Lets see, a lifetime of sacraments, prayers never missing mass, confessions, repentence ,communion (always doubting but praying it away) giving generously to the church and then ,,,,,,,,,,,,fuck it all! There is no evidence for god, blaspheme the church, and a happy current life as an atheist! How does that happen?

Goodbye Jesus
Lets see, a lifetime of sacraments, prayers never missing mass, confessions, repentence ,communion (always doubting but praying it away) giving generously to the church and then ,,,,,,,,,,,,fuck it all! There is no evidence for god, blaspheme the church, and a happy current life as an atheist! How does that happen?

Simply by coming to one's senses and realising that religion, especially in the form of Roman Catholicism is all crap, bunkum and bullshit.

In my case it was also as a result of my study of science, especially Astronomy that convinced me that there is no "god/creator". At the last Mass I attended, I stormed out of the church saying it was all bullshit.

I'm not sure. I guess a body just wakes up, takes a second look, and either goes nuts, or denies what it sees, or realizes it's all bullshit and dumps the meme.

It's great, though, ain't it. :)

One day I just summoned up the courage to try on the "no god" glasses. And the world made sense again.

One day I just summoned up the courage to try on the "no god" glasses. And the world made sense again.

'Zackly :)