Goodbye Jesus

I'm Real

R. S. Martin

I'm not real. I'm actually just an anonymous proxy server executing a program written years ago by a long dead hacker who had a thing for H.L. Mencken. :wicked:

:HaHa::lol::shrug:

Purple, you look so sweet in your photo. And I can see the connection between the avatar and photo. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm sorry but this is just a virtual reality inside of a computer and I'm the only real one. The rest of you are just computer programs.

:wacko:

I'm not real.

Neither are any of you. You are all just voices in my head. Sometimes loud, sometimes argumentative, sometimes soft, but always an illusion.

I created you all.

But none of you are real.

You don't believe in me.

but I believe in myself.

Am I real?

The internet is just a figment of my imagination

and like the internet.. poof.. I am gone

If I wasn't real, I'd invent a more exciting life.

My avatar is me, off in the distance.

Damned right we're real... 'less all you lot are chatbots.

So I guess the underlying issue for me is, if all of us think we're real shouldn't we treat each other like real people?

There's been posts on this forum by people who act as if, since all of us are just internet contacts, they have the right to be nasty and hurtful and uncompassionate to whomsoever they like whensoever they like.

I started this thread to protest that attidude.

This discussion is completely unreal, so you must be unreal. :scratch:

This discussion is completely unreal, so you must be unreal. :scratch:

Unreal? Me?

I'll have you know I'm as real as the millions of credits I have in Anarchy Online...

:twitch:

I didn't think that through, did I?

Am I real? Do I go all existential or do I take the cheap and tacky option? Let me just check if I'm real........................................

Mmmm!!!!

Oooohh!!

Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, definitely real! :wicked: Cheap and tacky works everytime.

P.S. Why does exC have no emoticons for female masturbation?? Plenty of jerking off BJs but none for girls!!! Are you listening Mr. Webmaster?

P.S. Why does exC have no emoticons for female masturbation?? Plenty of jerking off BJs but none for girls!!! Are you listening Mr. Webmaster?

Sure they do...Just use your imagination....

Thumbing, close to fingering :3:

Could be 3 chicks here :3some:

This could a a chick standing, :bj:

Okay this is not :blowjob:

She looks happy , I think :bukkake:

This is a lonely guy :lonely:

Could be a chick here :moon:

He is poking her :poke: she likes it

She is screaming for more :screams:

Okay she could be wearing a strap on :Sheep:

See the pleasure on her face :smile:

She seems happy here :sex:

Some chicks like this :jerkoff:

Some prefer it rough :spanka:

A chick after sex :tongue:

A chick in heat :wub:

A woman with long hair, that can lasso :Love:

This could be a chick doing a guy :jerkit: My wife looks like this while doing me

This is chick for sure :talkalot: the lips never stop moving

Hehe

Sure they do...Just use your imagination....

I admire your creativity but I was referring specifically to female masturbation: self-lurve, if you like.

Thumbing, close to fingering :3: - I'll admit this is a candidate but not particularly explicit.

Could be 3 chicks here :3some: - Possibly, but doesn't allow for the quick insomnia cure when you're on your own.

This could a a chick standing, :bj: - See above and if I'm typical most female ejaculatory fluid is clear not white.

Okay this is not :blowjob: - With you on that one.

She looks happy, I think :bukkake: - Couldn't agree more but it's not exactly female masturbation.

This is a lonely guy :lonely: - Indeed.

Could be a chick here :moon: - Yes, it could. And your point...?

He is poking her :poke: she likes it - Possibly, yes, but not what I had in mind.

She is screaming for more :screams: - If I looked like that during the big O, no guy would sleep with me more than once!!

Okay she could be wearing a strap on :Sheep: - Enough of the Welsh stereotypes!

See the pleasure on her face :smile: - Probably the most suitable possibility but still not explicit.

She seems happy here :sex: - Masturbation??

Some chicks like this :jerkoff: - Yes but most chicks don't have penises of their own (attached to their bodies, I mean).

Some prefer it rough :spanka: - Yes they do but it's still not one-on-none masturbation.

A chick after sex :tongue: - But what about during?

A chick in heat :wub: - I was talking about sex not "wub"

A woman with long hair, that can lasso :Love: - Again, not masturbation.

This could be a chick doing a guy :jerkit: My wife looks like this while doing me - I'm very pleased for her (and you) but you're involved so that disqualifies it.

This is chick for sure :talkalot: the lips never stop moving - And has an answer for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue: :wicked: :wink:

You could've said this :thanks: but even I'm not THAT flexible!!!!! :wicked:

All this should really be in the sex forum, sorry for hijacking, will try to play nice in future!!!! ;)

So I guess the underlying issue for me is, if all of us think we're real shouldn't we treat each other like real people?

There's been posts on this forum by people who act as if, since all of us are just internet contacts, they have the right to be nasty and hurtful and uncompassionate to whomsoever they like whensoever they like.

I started this thread to protest that attidude.

I would say it depends. I generally try to be tolerant of people unless they act like a fundy in some way and/or use personal attacks or make sweeping, condescending generalizations of everyone on the board.

If it gets stressful for me reading someone's posts, I just put them on ignore. Easier than banging my head against a brick wall. Been there, done that.

I think I'm more real here than in real life. I get to express my thoughts without censoring myself or worrying about how they will be understood by others. I get to get see the workings of minds, which is much more important to me than superficial curtesies that real life too often dictactes the manner in which we must behave.

Without bodies or personal affects to hinder or exagerate how we are percieved, I can be more real than I can in meat space. I think of everyone here, who I have come to consider my friend, even if they just drop by once or for an extended stay and I get to know them, as real as I am sitting in front of my computer typing.

Most of the time, I am thrilled that they are somewhere in this world typing out their thoughts for me to read and once in a while I'm quite alamed.

I've met plenty of *fakes* in my lifetime that were flesh and blood. People that would smile at you one minute and the next whispering behind your back with snide and cutting remarks.

The internet is very much the real world. Outside of these forums though, we aren't bombarded by Christians, nor is there a place of support. One day I hope to meet a couple of Floridian Exer's (others too), Taphophilia and Amanda (we've spoken on the phone) is on the top of my list. I'm fortunate to have one exer here in my city but I have to admit...I'm too nervous to put together an in person meeting. If it were one of the females I've come to know over the years we would be doing things together regularly but because its a man, I'm a bit nervous and uncomfortable...not that this person makes me uncomfortable because online he seems TERRIFIC and he takes great care of his wife. Also, I'm not sure how it would go over with the hubby of course he could be there but yet another reason is because of my low self-esteem.

I've been bold with Christians when I've had to be outside of the net, but I don't go around looking for debate.

Taph and Jubilant, how I identify with your posts! Right down to the only flesh-and-blood atheist I know being a man.

Amethyst said:

I would say it depends. I generally try to be tolerant of people unless they act like a fundy in some way and/or use personal attacks or make sweeping, condescending generalizations of everyone on the board.

If it gets stressful for me reading someone's posts, I just put them on ignore. Easier than banging my head against a brick wall. Been there, done that.

I think that sounds exactly like something a real person might do or say. That is why I tend to think of online people as being just as real as the people I can see. This might sound weird but with some people it is as though I know their voice simply from reading their posts. I forget who it was--someone on here I think--that I thought I knew what the voice sounded like. I started asking myself when or where I would have heard the voice. I realized that there is no way I could have ever heard that person's voice. I am quite sure that their real voice would be quite different from what I imagine. However, I think that indicates that online people are very real to me.

Perhaps voices are so important to me because I was practically blind as a baby. I got glasses when I got older but as a baby I could not have seen anyone's face--just a pale blob where the voice came out of. However, I would have heard and recognized voices. At my best, with the best glasses available, with my best eye I could see barely half as good as normal. My eyes are beginnig to "show their age." Can't see as well as I used to. My hearing, however, is above normal by quite a bit. Better not have a whispered conversation right outside my door if you don't want me to know what you're saying. Whatever, I think personalities come out in voices. And over time I get to know personalities through posts. That must be when I think I know a person's real life voice.

It's a bit like reading a book, I think. When reading a book, you get into a character's head, at least I do. I can imagine what they sound like, look like, etc. Except that on a message forum, you know the people are real. Sometimes, I've found that my impressions of people were not quite accurate, but I've found that I am pretty accurate. I suppose that being a writer helps.

I'm not a real person, but I play one on TV. :sing:

The RL me and the Internet me have been gradually merging -- I received the name Astreja back in 1999 and have thought more than once about changing my RL name to match.

I'm far more outspoken on the 'Net. And more coherent, because it's always been much easier for me to write rather than speak my thoughts. Overall, though, the divide is much smaller than it was seven and a half years ago.

Dare to compare:

astreja.jpgastreja2.jpg

I'm not a real person, but I play one on TV. :sing:

The RL me and the Internet me have been gradually merging -- I received the name Astreja back in 1999 and have thought more than once about changing my RL name to match.

I'm far more outspoken on the 'Net. And more coherent, because it's always been much easier for me to write rather than speak my thoughts. Overall, though, the divide is much smaller than it was seven and a half years ago.

Dare to compare:

astreja.jpgastreja2.jpg

I compared. The resemblance is striking. I like it. Amethyst, I don't think I'd seen your last post. I also find many of these threads like reading a book. They are, after all, the thoughts of a real person. Like both of you, I am much more liberal with expression on the internet. I can be me whereas in real life I just don't fit into social groups. Sometimes I think only a certain type of person spends much time on the internet and I have been impressed with how many people on this site say they are more expressive or more real on the internet than in real life. No wonder the internet IS real like for us. It is the one place on earth where we feel at home and free to be who we really are. It's good to know your people.