Goodbye Jesus

My Fundy Cousions Are Coming!

Ramen666

Remember I told you about their church and how they left it, they are actually coming to California :twitch: . These people define fundies, they live in rural and all that. What I plan to do is throw off their thoughts and stuff. Hense I am not even close to them.....so what I want to do is mess with there minds when they return and see me all grown up. The last time I saw them was at least 7 years ago. When I was a True Christian. They live far away so they don't even know me that much but I remember my cousion as a little kid and they call my mom and dad on the phone and crap sometimes.

They think Harry Potter is evil, I am going to be wearing my Harry Potter t-shirt that day. I really don't know how to react to them coming out to California. I guess awkward....They are fundies just like my aunt and uncle but I can deal with them. However they think Barbie is inapproprate for her daughter because big breasts :rolleyes:. Anyway I just do not know how to react to this situation.

Just be yourself. Be polite, but don't put on a false face. Hopefully they are the type of fundies who will just pray for you and not preach at you. Are they going to be staying with you, or will you just be visiting them at some else's house? The latter will be easier to handle since you won't be stuck with them all the time.

Actually meeting them at a park for a picnic with a lot of other people. So I don't think it can be all that bad. The fundies level will be high that day though. Its hard for me not to do crazy when my dad goes fundy on me when he is as much a Christian as I am. :scratch: Well thats another story but aside from this its like my whole fundy family will be here.

I'd personally do my best to avoid them and find a good excuse to not be there. But maybe that's just me. That is one of the advantages of not living with your parents. :)

Or, if you feel like you must show up, just go for the meal, then say "Oh, I've got a lot on my schedule today, gotta run!" That's what I do when I go to family reunions; while some like to sit around and talk all afternoon, I share the meal, visit with the few liberal non-fundy relatives, nod my head to the rest, then leave.

I have to show up or that ruins the whole "be polite" idea. I will go for the food no big deal. I would want to see the look on their face if they knew I was an atheist. :HaHa:

Bring the Holy Hitchhikers Guide, slam it on the table, and shout "thou shall believe in Vogons, unless the world will be destroyed!"

:grin:

Just be yourself.

This is what I was going to say. From reading you, you seem to have a good sense of humor and you have a pretty good head on your shoulders.

Just be yourself.

This is what I was going to say. From reading you, you seem to have a good sense of humor and you have a pretty good head on your shoulders.

Thanks...thats all I need to do I just never want to talk to them. Come on they thought Halo on xbox was a Christian game. :HaHa: Thats all they care about live and breathe religion its sickening and I have to ....oh calming down. Today is one of those days I appreciate being an atheist. Around three years ago this was my questioning stage I can tell because the weather was how it was three years ago.

Today is one of those days I appreciate being an atheist.

Well lately it's everyday for me, and it will continue that way. :woohoo:

Thanks...thats all I need to do I just never want to talk to them. Come on they thought Halo on xbox was a Christian game. :HaHa: Thats all they care about live and breathe religion its sickening and I have to ....oh calming down. Today is one of those days I appreciate being an atheist. Around three years ago this was my questioning stage I can tell because the weather was how it was three years ago.

Halo? A Christian game? How?! Don't you fight against religious zealots in that game?

Seriously, are they the type of people that try to make everything a Christian/non-Christian thing?

The best thing you can do is not be in opposition to them. Directly at least.

If you do things that attack their beliefs - and I know how much fun that is - you won't make any headway.

But if you are a quality person - polite, etc. - but still honest about your beliefs, they will be confused. They have been taught that only believers are quality people.

If you have any gay or black or otherwise oppressed friends that you could invite over for them to interract with, that would be great.

Halo? A Christian game? How?! Don't you fight against religious zealots in that game?

Seriously, are they the type of people that try to make everything a Christian/non-Christian thing?

The reply to this yes thats all think its either Christian or non Christian.

The best thing you can do is not be in opposition to them. Directly at least.

If you do things that attack their beliefs - and I know how much fun that is - you won't make any headway.

But if you are a quality person - polite, etc. - but still honest about your beliefs, they will be confused. They have been taught that only believers are quality people.

If you have any gay or black or otherwise oppressed friends that you could invite over for them to interract with, that would be great.

Ummmmmm..........well my parents do not know I am athesist.......HOWEVER........my parents as much Christian as I am. That is all seriousness we quit going to church coventially right when I deconverted. My dad stopped listening to pastors on the radio/ Christian music ect. My dad is starting to loose in defending Christians he just sights trys to come up with something but realizes how silly it is. My cousions however fundy but found out they are not racist because their church betrayed them actually. (Irony) They were going to adopt kids from Africa and there whole church basically said " We will not support you in any way shape or form." They felt like the dagger went in them. I say its a good thing in a way because my cousion said she had a vision God told her to adopt the kids....yet her church stabbed them in the back. It at least has got them to think...possibly and even question....thats why it really bugs me they are still fundy.

How about bring up stuff from that letter to Dr Laura that was going around awhile ago.... here's the link.

Ask them if they've stoned any homosexuals to death, or sold their daughter into slavery, or if their children talk back to them are they going to take them to the city gates and stone them to death?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE-2 BREAKING NEWS

I didn't realize they are coming from one week from tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!! :twitch: I will post in the Sunday Heathen thread on what happens that day. Yikes it better not get to fundy on me.... :twitch: I don't know why I don't want to go, oh yeah black and white logic. Its either Christian or its not. Time to find my Harry Potter shirt to make them twitch. ^_^