News Paper About Atheist

Mikefight

Yep...hatred, bigotry, ignorance. The fundiegelicals' calling card.

Funny thing, if instead of the word "atheist" this writer had used the word "ni**er", it wouldn't even have been published. It's okay, though for everyone to hate atheists.

Mike:

May I ask where in America this was printed at?

Trust me - I'm not doubting you - it makes me very angry. If something like that showed up in our local paper there would be a parade of responses the following week. And the responses would be in defense of Atheists, Agnostics and anyone else NOT Christian. I can't even imagine our local paper publishing it.

Granted where I live is an island of liberalism - but.... :eek: that letter to the editor is scary and it would be interesting to know where something like that is accepted and published. :eek:

Interesting that they always come back to prayer in school as an argument.

The prayer is not taken out from the school. Only the mandatory, Christian, forced prayer is taken out. It's not led by the school management anymore. Any kid can pray, and kids can gather and pray too. It's only the Non-Freedom-of-Religion-Christian-Prayer-Forced-by-teachers that's not there anymore. Heck, maybe we should reinstate the prayer, the prayer to Zeus.

Mike:

May I ask where in America this was printed at?

Trust me - I'm not doubting you - it makes me very angry. If something like that showed up in our local paper there would be a parade of responses the following week. And the responses would be in defense of Atheists, Agnostics and anyone else NOT Christian. I can't even imagine our local paper publishing it.

Granted where I live is an island of liberalism - but.... :eek: that letter to the editor is scary and it would be interesting to know where something like that is accepted and published. :eek:

The only Soldotna in America that I know of is in Alaska.

And I could see something like that sliding by here in Upstate NY.

MF..

Please let us know what paper, where and when this was published. If paper has a webspot, that too would be appreciated.

We'll never enlighten this note writer, but if there is some feedback to paper, things like this POS might not be published so readily.

Problem is? All Letters to Editor are screened, and approved prior to thier setting to print. Maybe the Editor has a slow paper, wants a little *spice* to fire up his InBox.. Dunno.

Anyway, let us know where we can respond to this bulllllllllllllfuckin'shit..

kFL

MF..

Please let us know what paper, where and when this was published. If paper has a webspot, that too would be appreciated.

We'll never enlighten this note writer, but if there is some feedback to paper, things like this POS might not be published so readily.

Problem is? All Letters to Editor are screened, and approved prior to thier setting to print. Maybe the Editor has a slow paper, wants a little *spice* to fire up his InBox.. Dunno.

Anyway, let us know where we can respond to this bulllllllllllllfuckin'shit..

kFL

One very similar...

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/10220..._046-8549.shtml

This is the reason when Christians claim that Atheism is a form of religion, I embrace that idea. Not because that I agree, but because then I can claim freedom. Christians, don't say my lack of faith is a religion, unless you're willing to give me the same rights you have.

I personally liked when she said

"I don't care if they have never commited a crime, atheists are the reason crime is rampant."

Okay, bud.

Isn't it great how they make such claims in the face of mounds of evidence proving exactly the opposite?

Oh, THIS letter.

This letter came up at the AllSpark a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, seveal members wrote replies to this ignorant hatemonger. And most of them got published.

So if you want to write a response, go ahead. As long as you're not writing anything that wouldn't be banned from printing, anyway (cursing, death threats, etc) you have at least a chance of being published.

Heck, maybe we should reinstate the prayer, the prayer to Zeus.

I'd like to correct you on that one thing Hans...

:lmao:;)

This is the reason when Christians claim that Atheism is a form of religion, I embrace that idea. Not because that I agree, but because then I can claim freedom. Christians, don't say my lack of faith is a religion, unless you're willing to give me the same rights you have.

As usual, morontheists want to have it both ways. They want atheism to be a religion as long as they can demand equal rights, and to be something else when "freedom of religion" comes up.

Anyone with half a brain should realize how totally ludicrous this is. But then, we know that morontheists have no (active) brain... :banghead:

So if you want to write a response, go ahead. As long as you're not writing anything that wouldn't be banned from printing, anyway (cursing, death threats, etc) you have at least a chance of being published.

I'm very tempted to do that. Let's see. :fdevil:

(Later)

Gah! Of course that crappy submission form not only insists on full info on postal address and the like, but insists on US format. What am I supposed to enter - coming from Germany?

Fuck that. Or is there an email address stated anywhere I didn't see?

Gah! Of course that crappy submission form not only insists on full info on postal address and the like, but insists on US format. What am I supposed to enter - coming from Germany?

Fuck that. Or is there an email address stated anywhere I didn't see?

Well, I didn't find an email address, but their snail-mail address and phone number are at the bottom of the page:

Peninsula Clarion, PO Box 3009, Kenai, AK 99611. Phone 907/283-7551

If nothing else, maybe you could s-mail it...

"I don't care if they have never commited a crime, atheists are the reason crime is rampant"

Does that make any sense? :Hmm:

"Our currency even says 'In God We Trust'. So, to all the atheists in America: Get off our country/"

Oh, that's logical. :shrug:

This would be funny if it didn't confirm how vast swathes of America are viewed by us Europeans. Yes, we ARE well aware that there are many free-thinking liberals over there but it's always the most radical behaviour that creates the dominant impression.