Goodbye Jesus

Political Affiliation

Ahh!

The Republicans "defense" is to label everyone (Americans or not) a potential terrorist by tracking library books, Travel, Banking and a host of other infringements. Their War on Terror is a pant load and a catchy catch-phrase to divert the reality of what's going on. Abolishing the laws and Liberties of the land (Constitution) doesn't keep it safe, it does the opposite, regardless of the propaganda of we need to keep the liberty's safe by putting them on hold.

I haven't seen anything from this party but expanding government, and upping the Taxes, Just how are all these *NEW* Programs going to be funded? Basic rights are stripped from every American, Every amendment has been put on hold. altered or abolished aside from the 3rd. You want to talk about wishy washy, The reasons for the war have pretty much changed on a daily basis. When that "reason" is over used or light is shed on it, they jump to a new reason.

Lets face it, the terrorists are for the most part from the middle east, they are all radical muslims (when was the last time you heard of buddhist suicide bombers?) there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be watching incoming calls from the middle east if they are directed at suspected terrorists. Yes I know its profiling but what else are we going to do? Perhaps I'm just ignorant but I think that Islams incompatibility with western civilization is a huge threat that we shouldn't take lightly.

Expanding government... yes, upping taxes? how do you figure. If im not mistaken the republicans LOWERED the taxes which increased spending in the private sector and has turned into record tax revenues, granted they have been offset by record spending.

The war in Iraq was in my opinion, in hind site a mistake. I think at this point our interests would have been better served by an invasion of Iran. The psycopaths running that country pose a much larger risk to us than saddam ever did.

Today I'm a Staunch Libertarian, but will vote for whom ever is closest to my ideals and has a realistic shot of winning. That being said, I don't know that I can vote for Ron Paul and give the RNC a vote. He might be a Libertarian but I believe the RNC needs to have it's power stripped from them for a couple of decades as punishment for what they've done. If Ron Paul runs as a Dem or Libertarian I would vote for him, but not as a Republican no way.

I don't care what party they are from we need to elect whoever's ideas and track record is the best fit for furthering the interests of the country. What is important is the health and well being of the union not what party the elected officials are from. Politics should not be the popularity contest they are, people need to look at the big picture and educate themselves on the issues and make informed decisions not write someone off because of what letter is written next to their name.

The war in Iraq was in my opinion, in hind site a mistake. .

No, it was a mistake that any thinking person could have seen even from the start if they were willing. Here's a critique of the position of someone I'm sure you are opposed to, so hopefully you won't find your paradigm too abused by considering the ideas presented by the likes of Brent Scowcroft, et al: http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/02/26/clinton_aumf/

I think at this point our interests would have been better served by an invasion of Iran. The psycopaths running that country pose a much larger risk to us than saddam ever did.

I'm sorry, but the biggest risks are people like you that think it is in the best interest of themselves and others that they support the illegal invasion of countries that haven't attacked us.

Yes, I know they threaten us.

Here's my Japedo salute so that she doesn't have to bother: :Wendywhatever:

Here's my Japedo salute so that she doesn't have to bother: :Wendywhatever:

Vigile, You make me literally Laugh out loud with that remark!! :lmao: Thanks! :D Per usual, I agree with you.

Lets face it, the terrorists are for the most part from the middle east,

MrBungle, Can you please inform our government of that tid bit of information? Supporters of this administration keep touting it like it's gospel. Answer these few questions for me if you will.

The 911 terrorist for the most part came from Saudi Arabia, yet they are our allies. We have not 'attacked' nor sanctioned them, ask yourself why that is?

Bin Laden is from Saudi as was the alleged financing. Yet his family was allowed to be flown out of the country with out even being questioned for reasons of 'safety' when every single VICTIM (aka American) was grounded Why?

Iraq had Zero to do with 911 as did Afghanistan. Tent dwellers that don't even have running water, forget internet and power for the most part did not commit this crime. The Tali-ban was also picked as a culprit when it was a civil war they were fighting in Afghanistan an opposing tribe. America picked the country with the least amount of defense and not the culprits. It is a grave miscarriage of Justice.

they are all radical muslims (when was the last time you heard of buddhist suicide bombers?) there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be watching incoming calls from the middle east if they are directed at suspected terrorists. Yes I know its profiling but what else are we going to do? Perhaps I'm just ignorant but I think that Islams incompatibility with western civilization is a huge threat that we shouldn't take lightly.

I will agree that you perhaps choose to believe lies of Government hence your self proclaiming ignorant shoe may fit. :shrug:

Radical Muslims are not government nor are they countries. Countries can not wage war against individuals only other countries. Things done by Radical Christians don't represent the US Government, or would you agree we should all suffer because 19 whackos that happen to live here? Put the culprits and all of their aides on trial for mass murder is the road to take. It might not give you blood of vengeance but It is more just then killing the 1000s of people in this bullshit senseless war for no reason.

What part don't you get Mr Bungle? The calls they are tracking are ours. The Anti-Patriot act is legislation against US Citizens not people outside of the jurisdiction. It completely dissolves the 4th amendment and others, wake up.

Expanding government... yes, upping taxes? how do you figure. If im not mistaken the republicans LOWERED the taxes which increased spending in the private sector and has turned into record tax revenues, granted they have been offset by record spending.

:twitch: Wow, the government just more then doubled it size and you still are thinking of piddly tax cuts. Ask yourself a basic question.

*IF* the US Government is already in debt in the Trillions pre-911, WTF do you think it is once that same government more then DOUBLES ITSELF? Do you think it just doubles and no one pays for it? You honestly think any Americans are going to get any form of Tax cut? Homeland security is an entirely new government agencies that needs funds.. more funds from who? I don't remember Bush passing around the cup for donations to go toward the new police state. What "government' spending have they stopped since creating this new government? I want an honest answer.

Price tag for DHS: 2005 Discretionary Budget Authority:

$33.8 billion Department of Homeland Website

dhs-3.jpg

I haven't even touched the price of the war yet. You honestly think you're going to get or keep any form of tax cut? I think you might need your other shoe?

The war in Iraq was in my opinion, in hind site a mistake. I think at this point our interests would have been better served by an invasion of Iran. The psycopaths running that country pose a much larger risk to us than saddam ever did.

Wow you have very little respect for sovreingty I see, which is not very "American" of you. Seems to me you feel it's the United States Job to Rule the world and confrom everyone like us so you "feel" better. You can refer back to my good friend Vigile for my "feelings" about that.

You know, on the subject of Canadian vs. American politics again, my brother-in-law mentioned that Stephen Harper (leader of the Conservative party in Canada, and current Prime Minister) is more left wing than John Kerry. Anyone care to confirm/reject this? I'm just tossing it out there... It seems reasonable, because Canada as a whole is far more left wing than the US.