Goodbye Jesus

Favorite Reasons/excuses...

godlessgrrl

This is actually inspired by my response to the "Letters from Leavers" blog. I hope nobody's done a list like this yet... anyway my post there was mainly about how frustrated I am with Xians "listening" to my story about why I went apostate, and then ignoring my experience and my reasons, and coming up with a list of their own Real Reasons™ why I left Xianity.

So this thread is for a list of reasons why people think you left the church. What are their excuses? What kinds of creative things can they come up with, to explain away your apostacy? What kinds of justifications have they invented, in order to avoid having to acknowledge the genuine reasons why you left? List 'em here!

I'll start.

Reasons Xians Have Come Up With to Explain Why I Really Left Their Religion™:

1. Somebody in the church hurt her.

2. She was never a TrueChristian™ to begin with.

3. She was/is angry at god.

Add your personal favorites!

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

4. Wanted to sin / didn't want to be held accountable by gawd :crazy:

5 ...uS Constitution actually means what it says, despite Paul's admonisions to compel obedience to Tyrants and all other Rulers..

kFL

I'm rich biatch..that's right..when you are no longer in dispair, you do not need a god. In Green you trust..

You can not swallow the concept of a heaven and a hell. If you get to go to heaven and your own parents are in hell, that concept is not acceptable.

Church is a big business organization. They get tax breaks for being a nonprofit organization but yet, them pastors are riding in them fancy cars and buying nice houses to call it the temple of jesus and yes, you help payed for it

Just the thought of non believers in christ as being uncorrupted but it is usually the christians that are the corrupted ones. Thou shalt not have sex before marriage but christians are popping babies out of wedlock so how did that happen?

The church teaches the concept of not saying or doing anything that goes against the church because it leaves room for the devil. Well no chit sherlock, the church doesn't want you to be smart and use some basic logic to them flaws against the church. -- think slavery

Your prayers are never answered and when it does seems like it is answered, you have given up that prayer for another hopeless prayer.

Attend churches on every sunday but why can't I stay at home or take a big dump while watching church session on TV?

Being a christian, you fear sin and you fear god. Not being a christian and you have gained back your freedom as a human being as how to it was before the ages of christianity.

Too many wolves in the sheep. Another day and another pastor, if not doing something illegal, god say to touch my penis because that is legal.

And offcourse, because of this website, I would like to give up christianity so i can be an internet troll hence my beautiful avatar.

Shaman, you just came up with a few reasons Ex-Christians might give for leaving... not reasons Christians might give for us leaving. You seem to have failed to comprehend the idea of this thread.

And offcourse, because of this website, I would like to give up christianity so i can be an internet troll hence my beautiful avatar.
Yes, we can see that only Ex-Christians can be internet trolls... have you ever tried reading some of the crap you type?

6. shaman :pureevil:

My wife still goes to church so I hear this stuff all the time.

7. You just needed a break from God. He will call you back to church soon.

8. You are still a xtian, you are just confused right now.

9. You just don't want to pay tithe.

10. You just want to sleep in on Sunday.

11. You are in denial.

12. Satan has tempted you and you gave in.

13. You have been fooled by all the lies like evolution.

14. You were not in a good church.

15. If you had a good pastor he would have been able to keep you.

16. Your are brainwashed by science.

17. "You must hate God" after repeatedly explaining you don't even believe in him

18. You just never found the right church

19. You were not in the True Church of Jesus.

20. You were blinded by the wrong/unscriptural doctrine

21. You are too smart for your own good.

22. You blame God for man's sins.

23. You should blame Catholics, not God (if Protestant, or vice versa if Catholic).

24. You take the Bible out of context.

25. You didn't understand the Bible.

26. You didn't have enough faith

27. According to my mom, I am the Prodigal Son who will return one day.

So, how are you enjoying wallowing with the pigs, poonis? It's not as bad as it sounds, is it?

I find it preferable to marching in formation.

Shaman, you just came up with a few reasons Ex-Christians might give for leaving... not reasons Christians might give for us leaving. You seem to have failed to comprehend the idea of this thread.
Yes, we can see that only Ex-Christians can be internet trolls... have you ever tried reading some of the crap you type?

oh my buddah, you are right. Forgive me like how lord jesus forgives his people.

let me try again..

- you are miserable with your life and you blame god for it

-you are brainwashed by your non believing friends

-you never gave god a real chance like he has giving you all the chances to realized the truth

-You don't want to be tied down with a double or triple laws in life (laws of the state, laws of god, laws of your own culture)

-Your faith in god is as weak like someone trying to take a big poop and is being constipated

-The only true friends you have are the ones from online hence this website

-You no longer fear god and you think that it is best for you to believe that a god does not exist

-You ask to see god in physical form by using science to justify things

-You want to be a smart scientist and to do so like that e=mc2 guy, you can not believe in a god

-You want to have anal sex which is forbid by the bible

-And evil never tasted so good because it is not that easy to be good either

-You want to be different than the general christian public because you're a rebel individual

-If life is like them courses you taken in highschool, a christian has 7 period while you only have 6 period of classes to attend. Life is already as difficult as is so why bother taking up an extra course where it does not benefit you? Basically, christian live a tougher life than you do...OPPS!!

You took yo eyes off de Jebus, and da wily ol debil done snatched you way.

Basically, you want something that the devil wanted it and that is to split at god in the face. You do not want to fear god no more. If he does not exist then you have successfully done so. If a god does not exist then god is equal or lower than you. Congratulation, you are a devil in discuise and that is how the devil came to be. He wanted to be better than god but he can not be as smart you are because you can blink your eyes and god does not exist but for him, he can not do that. You are now the king of all devils. You are better than them devils.

28 - 3 variations:

28a) "You were led astray by your friend(s)."

28b) "The DEVIL spoke through your friend(s) to steal you away from god with his pack of lies."

28c) "It's that website you've been visiting with all the heathens that have turned their backs on god. They are minions of satan and you will burn in hell just like them if you don't come back to god."

wow..if you do put all of your replies together, you do all shared something in common.

-and I'm only telling you this because I love you and because the teaching of christ is all about love...even if you are not a christian or an exchristian, god still loves you and if i'm delussional, my fake god luvs us for trying. When you are helpless and are in despair, God will be there for you but since you have turned the other cheek to god, you are not in despair so may this imaginary god bless you and congrats in your wonderful new life with void of a god.

29. We are sorry you have forsaken godly teachings to follow your own lusts and desires.

That was the note from a former friend. "Lusts and desires" here equals higher education. Can't think what else it could mean because that's the only "sin" I committed. I was still a christian at the time; just left the horse and buggy people because they disapproved so severely of my education; getting an education was a desperate last-ditch attempt at finding life worth living. And believe me I'd tried EVERYTHING else and nothing worked.

30. An evangelical with a PhD thinks I'm just confused by all this learning; says he, too, was for a time at a place where he didn't believe. Since I want him on my thesis committee I can't very well take him on. My thesis is about fundamentalism and I feel lucky to find a person with his level of learning on this very topic. I still professed christianity when I asked him so I felt I needed to come clear on this. I appreciate it so much that he thinks he understands (and therefore does not feel a need to reconvert me but can still work with me) that I'm not going to enlighten him at this point. Besides, there is always the off-chance that I will reconvert--who knows?

28 - 3 variations:

28b) "The DEVIL spoke through your friend(s) to steal you away from god with his pack of lies."

28c) "It's that website you've been visiting with all the heathens that have turned their backs on god. They are minions of satan and you will burn in hell just like them if you don't come back to god."

Wow! so that's what "good Christians" think of us struggling folk who want nothing but the Truth? We're minions of the devil and we led you astray and we'll burn in hell? Interesting. Aren't you one of the folk they taught to be a pastor but their religion didn't deliver so you left? Might there be something the matter with their own training? And will they be responsible for causing you to burn for eternity? I guess they can't allow satan or who/whatever to suggest such a thought so they have to blame anything and everything else. If you had not been in need of exC company perhaps you would never have found the website, huh? Daren't even think it.

Right on. I have some more too:

31. You weren't raised in the church, so of course we couldn't expect your belief to "stick" (followed by some claptrap about seeds falling on fallow ground).

32. You weren't raised in the right church, so of course you left.

33. You're just rejecting your inadequate parental figures.

34. God/the church/the Bible has already given you perfect answers to all your questions, you just don't like them.

35. If you just had faith, you'd believe.

36. If you only believed, God would give you faith.

35. If you just had faith, you'd believe.

36. If you only believed, God would give you faith.

What a joke! So which came first, the chicken or the egg? One thing we know: You never get an egg without a chicken, but then you never get a chicken without first having an egg. All chickens come from eggs, but all eggs come from chickens. Well, unless you're talking about duck eggs or robin eggs, or some other kind of egg. But in all cases, the bird comes from the egg but the egg comes from the bird. God's love and grace are supposed to be unconditional. Those statements make it anything but unconditional. It all depends on the believer's ability to believe the unbelievable.

(37) You're sick and need to be medicated.

(38) You didn't give real Christians a chance to talk to you.

39. You've backslid but one day you'll see the light and come back to Jeezuz

or:

40. You never really met Jeezuz but one day you will.

28 - 3 variations:

Wow! so that's what "good Christians" think of us struggling folk who want nothing but the Truth? We're minions of the devil and we led you astray and we'll burn in hell? Interesting. Aren't you one of the folk they taught to be a pastor but their religion didn't deliver so you left? Might there be something the matter with their own training? And will they be responsible for causing you to burn for eternity? I guess they can't allow satan or who/whatever to suggest such a thought so they have to blame anything and everything else. If you had not been in need of exC company perhaps you would never have found the website, huh? Daren't even think it.

Actually, 28a was the one that was used on me, by family, slightly reworded, but with the central idea fully intact. 28b is a generic extension on that idea which is representative of some xians I have seen. As for 28c, I haven't personally talked about ex-christian.net with any xians, but I got the definite impression from some posts I have read, that there were instances where xian family, friends, acquaintances, etc., of those who have brought it up considered the contributors at this site a "bad" influence, and it was a dramatization of that theme.

Didn't mean to be misleading and imply that all three parts were my direct experience, nor that I used a little license in 28c to extend what I observed, although I see I didn't say anything to imply otherwise. I do think the sentiment is valid.

But back, at least partially more in the spirit of the thread, the personal experience with 28a beautifully illustrates the absurd fabricated fantasy of the Real Reason for leaving that xians can invent. My friend that got blamed was quite straight and narrow, had little or no influence on the thought process leading up to my deconversion, and did not become an apostate like me. And yes, it's been made quite clear to me from one or two non-thinking fearmongers that I will burn eternally in hell. Unquestionably, the same people would say the same of anyone here except for some of the apologists that come to try to save our souls.

Okay Jesus states he wants some people to not understand his message. It is the whole predestine thing.

Mark 4:12 so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!' "

41. You must be predetine for hell, and there is nothing you can do.

42. Jesus choose you to not understand.

So much for freewill.

43: "You've sold your soul to the cult of Satan!" (People in my church thought that, and when the exorcism didn't work, they were convinced that I was a follower of Satan, and didn't want to hug me- they'd act like I had demons in me that if they hugged me would come out of my body and enter them and "pervert" their souls.)

44: "You blasphemed against the holy spirit!"

45: "You reaped the fruit of the sin you sowed".