Goodbye Jesus

Getting Burned Out

Amethyst

I think I am getting burned out on all this religion talk. Has that happened to anyone else here?

I think I am getting burned out on all this religion talk. Has that happened to anyone else here?

Yes. Anymore I mainly post in the science section because currently that is more interesting to me and I'm not really posting there lately either. Maybe I'm just burned out in general. Too much of anything is not good.

I go in spurts, although my interest is ongoing because I'm the type to want to speak up when people are being screwed over, which sometimes gets me in trouble (my housing difficulty a month ago is a good example of that). Me and a few others have had a radio show on religion and politics in the works for over a year now, so my interest in religion talk won't be waning any time soon.

But I hear ya. Sometimes we just need to take a break and relax for a while, talk about non-stressful, more lighthearted stuff.

I have read some posts about the deconversion process and it seems that there are certain stages where people are more focused on religion. Maybe you have gotten far enough through your deconversion that you are mostly over it and it is no longer a big deal. In my experience, I was very angry at being lied to and needed to vent(to my wife) about how I felt. We both went through stages where we talked about religion and almost nothing else for quite a while. I never really was a Christian, but I get a lot of insight here on how to deal with family and friends who are Christians.

I feel like I am just spinning my wheels and not getting anywhere if I talk about religion to religious people. It gets very frustrating. Most of the time I am pretty much over the religious talk but at the same time I am glad others are still talking about it.

Yeah, I really don't care about religion anymore. I think I've gone through the whole catharsis of deconversion. religion isn't an obsession with me anymore.

Religion notwithstanding, this is one of the most interesting, varied message boards I've come across on the internet. That's why I come here: for the high-variety input from a number of different people from a number of different backgrounds on a large number of topics. Ex-christianity only forms the foundation.

Yeah, I agree Dan. I don't usually bother with the religious discussions anymore unless I'm calling CC on one of his logical errors, but that's just because he's fun to kid around with.

I feel burned out alot of the time. I drank too much for the early part of my deconversion, but have since almost entirely stopped drinking.

I do find being an apostate to be intellectually stimulating. I debate Christians alot, but do not find it particularly helpful.

One fun thing I did was with my other Ex-Christian friend. We both joined the same Christian web site. He pretended to be a relatively young, but on fire baby CHristian. I played the apostate. Over about a 2 month period I exposed the OT attrocities to this "baby" Christian, in front of other Christians. Then he pretended to be really mad that these verses were in the Bible. It was fucking hysterical to watch the other Christians try to support this poor little "lamb" (who was really my other apostate friend) I pissed my pants laughing many nights.

So, I try to have fun with it a bit. I have only been an apostate for 1 year. (but secretly knew it was shit for at least 7 years)

It will probably take me a long time to get burned out. I've got half a century's worth of rage down there. The pressure is less than it was when I started posting six months ago. I consider that a very positive sign.

I don't think anyone is obligated to stay on the site if they feel their time is better spent elsewhere for now, or if they feel burned out, or whatever. There seem to be new people coming on all the time so the site won't be dying anytime soon for those of us who still need it. Then there are long-time atheists who come here specifically to help others with the deconversion process if it is needed.

I believe we all have our specific talents that we need to use as we can. For some that is to be a helper or supporter and for others it is not. Find what is right for you and don't feel guilty for not being someone you're not. I have enjoyed your presence, Amythest, but I still don't know how to spell your name, and I have fallen in love with the howling wolf avatar. But there will be others if you feel it is time to move on. All the best on your journey.

just like getting a new toy or in a hobby. Once you know everything about it, nothing left is there to challenge yourself. Religion talk is like a recycle of questions. It gets dull afterawhile without a 100% sure proof of anything. God is real, god is fake, I'm right, you're wrong, we both are right and we both are wrong, to each to hold their own beliefs.

so now we sit and wait for any latest upbreaking news or findings in the religious world so others can have something to talk about.

It will probably take me a long time to get burned out. I've got half a century's worth of rage down there. The pressure is less than it was when I started posting six months ago. I consider that a very positive sign.

I don't think anyone is obligated to stay on the site if they feel their time is better spent elsewhere for now, or if they feel burned out, or whatever. There seem to be new people coming on all the time so the site won't be dying anytime soon for those of us who still need it. Then there are long-time atheists who come here specifically to help others with the deconversion process if it is needed.

I believe we all have our specific talents that we need to use as we can. For some that is to be a helper or supporter and for others it is not. Find what is right for you and don't feel guilty for not being someone you're not. I have enjoyed your presence, Amythest, but I still don't know how to spell your name, and I have fallen in love with the howling wolf avatar. But there will be others if you feel it is time to move on. All the best on your journey.

Np. It's Amethyst like the gemstone, that was from when I was into neopaganism for a while. The avatar is a lioness. I got it for a reason, it was because my self-esteem has increased since I left. (Also my star sign is leo, so I think it's fitting.) :)

I've found this site useful, but I think I'm becoming interested in other things, and that is probably a good sign that I am moving on from having deconverted.

Religion notwithstanding, this is one of the most interesting, varied message boards I've come across on the internet. That's why I come here: for the high-variety input from a number of different people from a number of different backgrounds on a large number of topics. Ex-christianity only forms the foundation.

Definitely. I think this is why I've stayed so long; longer than most message boards I've been to. The people here are nice, for the most part, and interesting and fun to talk to.

I don't know that I'll leave permanently, but I'll probably be posting a lot less.

Hi Amethyst,

Why do you feel the need to not come around here anymore? I'm just curious really. Sometimes I get burned out, but I feel really alone if I DON'T come to sites like this. My wife has now gone completely Ultra-Fundy since my deconversion. My future scares me sometimes.

Definitely. I think this is why I've stayed so long; longer than most message boards I've been to. The people here are nice, for the most part, and interesting and fun to talk to.

I don't know that I'll leave permanently, but I'll probably be posting a lot less.

hi mike..

amyst is reaching up to her 7000 posting...anymore and she will be a god

Hi Amethyst,

Why do you feel the need to not come around here anymore? I'm just curious really. Sometimes I get burned out, but I feel really alone if I DON'T come to sites like this. My wife has now gone completely Ultra-Fundy since my deconversion. My future scares me sometimes.

I think deconversion is a long process. It helps knowing that sites like this exist and having friends irl who are not Christian. Getting burned out, to me, is a sign of moving on mentally. But maybe it's just me.