Goodbye Jesus

15 Answers To Creationist Nonsense

Biggles7268

full article

When Charles Darwin introduced the theory of evolution through natural selection 143 years ago, the scientists of the day argued over it fiercely, but the massing evidence from paleontology, genetics, zoology, molecular biology and other fields gradually established evolution's truth beyond reasonable doubt. Today that battle has been won everywhere--except in the public imagination.

Embarrassingly, in the 21st century, in the most scientifically advanced nation the world has ever known, creationists can still persuade politicians, judges and ordinary citizens that evolution is a flawed, poorly supported fantasy. They lobby for creationist ideas such as "intelligent design" to be taught as alternatives to evolution in science classrooms. As this article goes to press, the Ohio Board of Education is debating whether to mandate such a change. Some antievolutionists, such as Philip E. Johnson, a law professor at the University of California at Berkeley and author of Darwin on Trial, admit that they intend for intelligent-design theory to serve as a "wedge" for reopening science classrooms to discussions of God.

Bull.gif

redneck, please go back to your village. They seriously miss their idiot.

redneck, please go back to your village. They seriously miss their idiot.

Thought you'd get a kick out that :grin:

If we're going to have religion in science, shouldn't it be fair to have science in religion?

Redneck, ask your pastor if he thinks it would be a good idea to teach Evolution in Sunday school? After all it is an alternative explanation to creationism. If he doesn't think it's so good, then why should we teach creationism in science class?

Check here for a good laugh

or here maybe http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2575

yes that broken link you provided was quite funny....

Redneck, ask your pastor if he thinks it would be a good idea to teach Evolution in Sunday school? After all it is an alternative explanation to creationism. If he doesn't think it's so good, then why should we teach creationism in science class?

oh snap!!!!

Check here for a good laugh

or here maybe http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2575

yes that broken link you provided was quite funny....

oh snap!!!!

I checked out that URL that end with "articles/2575", shown above. Oh dear. What a mess. Every logical fallacy in the book. I also cut & pasted a couple of paragraphs to my own thread "Funny how the water always makes it to the shore", so I won't paste it here too, since it was so on-topic there, and less so here.

Seems like the current Great White Hope of the creationists is to unrelentingly try to tie evolution to abiogenesis, as if the move _from_ inorganic to organic is a necessary element in every step of the movement _within_ organic change, instead of a whole other discipline.

They're just unreachable through the known laws of thought.

The difference between the Theory of Evolution and Creationism is that only one of them is supported scientifically. Why should we teach scientifically unsupported speculations in a science classroom?

I really like what Hans asked you Hayseed. You really should ask your pastor if we can teach science in your Sunday school classes as an alternative to faith-based science. God, you Christian Creationists are the most unbelivably obvious hypocrites in the world. And the funniest part of it is everyone but you can see it. Double standards just ooze out of your hind quarters.

They're just unreachable through the known laws of thought.

Indeed. One can only assail their world view if you can, within their frame work, show them it's wrong. Problem is, the framework is self sustaining. You can't introduce 'new' material.

Only way I can think of gaining access to their mind is :poke: