Goodbye Jesus

Words That Don't Mean Anything

Max

Propitiation - WTF? I can't even pronounce it right! I thought it had something to do with jesus standing in the gap. But just to be clear, I checked Wikipedia:

In Christianity, Propitiation is a theological term denoting that by which God is rendered propitious, i.e., that 'satisfaction' or 'appeasement' by which it becomes consistent with His character and government to pardon and bless sinners. The propitiation does not procure his love or make him loving; rather, it renders it consistent for him to exercise his love towards sinners

Again, WTF? This is the kind of nonsense definition I would have come up with too if I had no clue what I was talking about!!!

Yet another one I haven't heard. They must be making up all kinds of new words these days in order to recruit people. :P

I never heard "Plead the blood of the lamb", but washed in the blood of the lamb is an oldie but goodie, and really sounds kinda gross.

I also hate the word, evolutionist - it implies that evolution has a religious tone to it.