Well?

white_raven23

This AM I flip on Headline news expecting to see....well...NEWS. Instead it's full coverage of the appeals trial for what to do with Anna Nicole's body.

Now I know and understand that whatever is decidied could set precedent for custody of remains in the state of Florida in the future....and that is important....BUT ONLY FOR FUCKING FLORIDA!!!!!

I want some FUCKING news! Last I checked, there are other states with other things going on! Shit....the Superbowl of dogsled races (Iditarod) is starting in my state this Saturday...maybe some folks want to hear about it. Maybe not. That's okay. But the whole point I see of a network devoted to Headline news is....well...to give some sonofabitching HEADLINES!!! NOT spend all fucking morning in an appeals courtroom in Florida!

And part of the reason I'm so pissed about the whole Anna Nicole fiasco....I can probably find a fucking article detailing every single Designer stitch, perfume, makeup, hairproduct, and face cream she had on when she died......but nothing detailing how she fucking died to begin with! YEAH yeah...we all "know" drugs were involved...but I want some FUCKING confirmation already!

Medical Examiner said it would be a few days.....It's been two weeks! ANNOUNCE it already! I'm so damn pissed about this shit because I still care! Relieve me of being interested enough to care already! I want to know how this cumcatcher died so I can go: "Ah. I see." And then forget about the whole thing! Because until they make that ONE announcement...my curiosity has me tuning in anytime they say anything about this dumb bitch...hoping they are finally announcing cause of death. Instead I'm stuck hearing about irrelevant noninteresting crud!

TELL US HOW THE BITCH DIED ALREADY!! So I can tune out anytime her name is mentioned anymore! :vent:

I want some FUCKING news!

This is America, we don't do real news.

If the only thing you're worried about is how she died, just forget about it for now instead of tuning in to everything that they broadcast for now. Then, check the net a month or so later. Unless of course, you happen to hear about it some other way first.

You don't HAVE to know at the very moment that it's broadcast for the first time, ya know? Just be patient and let it go for a while.

Right, we only do propaganda, gossip, speculation, and fear-mongering. :ugh:

Where is the real news, anyway?

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

NPR is your friend.

Hasn't been a peep about Anna Nicole since the day of her death.

hahaha, i was falling all over myself reading that line. it really puts why i love this place in perspective, it's the personalities of the people. i don't know what they will do with ms.smith's body. what's the deal with the godfather of soul as well, shrugs shoulders?

Would it be in poor taste to start a pool on this subject? I.e. place bets on how she kicked the bucket?

Macabre, but well, it could make the circus tolerable.

And I second that comment on NPR. Nice to get some news from a news station.

Would it be in poor taste to start a pool on this subject? I.e. place bets on how she kicked the bucket?

They said tonight that she died of pnemonia, although the drugs may have added to the severity of her illness.

Do I look for news about Anna Nicole? No, but I tend to leave the TV on when I am on here and well.... it's all they talk about. Anyopne remember after 9/11 when several news shows vowed to do real news fomr now on? Yeah that lasted what? An hour?

Is there money in it? If so, I'm in.

Anna N's life was a circus. No reason why her death shouldn't be.

I used to watch her reality show. I just couldn't help it, okay!

When her son died I thought she'd self-destruct. He was the only family she had left, except for her baby. She'd disowned everyone else and for good reason. She said her mother wasn't her mother, but only her birth mother. She also refused to talk about her childhood only saying it was hell.

Her son kept her somewhat grounded and was the only person in her life that loved her as Vickie Lynn (her real name) and not the icon Anna Nicole, which was something she put on and took off like an outfit.

This might sound bad, but does anybody think that baby's better out without her as its raising mother?

I mean, she would just pass the kid over to a nanny to raise anyway. But then she would get dragged out when Mom needed a photo opportunity with her to show that she's still aware of her existence (like Madonna does with her kids), nothing more, probably have to put up with not being able to see her because she's too busy partying for it. I don't know.

It's been a reeely reeely long time since I thought TV was a place to get my news.

But that seven-day extravaganza of outrageous personalities incessantly diving for one another's spleens in the name of seeking justice is, for me, what TV and, unfortunately, America, is all about.

Hey, watchin' that is like doin' crack without risk of arrest. :woohoo: