Goodbye Jesus

Arrrrrghhhhhh!

Rhia

So I'm sitting in a class, and the professor, a former Mennonite but still Christian, is lecturing us on pacifism.

I'm fine to a certain degree with not wanting to go off and kill people for stupid reasons, but when I caught her on the contradiction she presented: "Jesus did not come to bring war" - (Not true according to Matt. 10:34) and "Christians are not of this world, it's okay to take the letters of Paul metaphorically" - (wrong according to well, the rest of the Bible), her response made me want to scream.

"We Christians are not of this world, but we're in this world. We wont escape the supernatural battles until we find ourselves standing before God. Therefore, I can't fight for two armies, and will fight for the army of God instead of the armies of man. Christ didn't mean it when he said he came to bring a sword, and many secularists view the Old Testament as brutal, but it's the truth of the Lord, his law, made perfect, much more perfect than us. Therefore we Christians as the coming kingdom of God should be set apart, different, but involved in making the coming kingdom greater!" *She continues with more such blathering for a good hour.*

*SCREAMS* *Rips out hair*

:banghead:

I CAN'T WAIT TO GRADUATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^

|

|

Nice Eyes

I would not be able to hold my tongue.

I would have asked "Can you show some evidence to suport this?"

:shrug:

wait wtf they can say those things in class? what district is this? is this within the faculty's guidelines?

I'm in my second-to-last semester at a Christian college. I stayed because I would lose too many credits if I left. Now I'm wishing I could leave.

And yes, with a private college, they can say whatever they want.

"We Christians are not of this world, but we're in this world.

Therefore we Christians as the coming kingdom of God should be set apart, different, but involved in making the coming kingdom greater!"

<Sniff> <Sniff> Ahhh...yes. I thought I smelled it. The ever popular "We don't have to listen to anyone else but they damn well have to do as we say...because we're special and we know it" load of shit. :twitch: You can't beat the classics.

mwc

*SCREAMS* *Rips out hair*

*reads posting*

*turns head to the wall where the "stress reduction - bang head here!" sign hangs*

(well, you can imagine what follows now...)