Goodbye Jesus

Come To The Carm Site And Help Defend Me Against Carico

southdakota2005

I am in the midst of a battle on the C.A.R.M. site. I have been trying to get Christians to admit that there are contradictions in the bible. Fundalmentalist (my enemies) have been defending the bible while I have shown some very clear contradictions.

Anyone of you that are members of CARM or want to be, please log on and make your voice heard. On CARM I am also "southdakota 2005"

So far not many Christians have been able to answer the contradiction I have found. A real bombshell of a problem. Please help. Remember the character called "Carico"? She is leading the assault which shows you, if you know her, that the Christians are in real trouble......But it would still be nice to have some support.....

Thanks

A link to the thread may have helped, but I think I'll check it out sometime soon.

Serioulsy, I would have loved a link.

Before you dive in further, though, seriously ask yourself: Does this really matter?

Before you dive in further, though, seriously ask yourself: Does this really matter?

it probably doesnt, but carm is addictive. and southdakota gives 'em hell.

Obviously, feel free to post away wherever you please, but please refrain from making it a board war between XC and xyzforums.

Southdakota...why do you want to be defended from Carico? It's not like she's a threat.

Southdakota...why do you want to be defended from Carico? It's not like she's a threat.

Strictly speaking, yes. The High Queen of Denial actually does more work for "our" side than for theirs by her outrageous loads of crap called "postings". But sometimes it's fun to bash the morontheists :pureevil:

SouthDakota, I posted a tiny post on that thread where this troll posts that question about justice. She makes up the rules of the game as she goes and is therefore not worth the electrons required to answer her question. That's the impression I got from reading about four posts on that thread. This is not to say I won't go back but it has to be for my own purposes, not to enlighten her.

I suggest you use her as your guinea pig on which to experiment defence mechanisms. When you have learned what you set out to learn, just disappear. I have used a batch of fundies for that express purpose. It was not intentional but I saw later what I had done. It helped confirm in my own mind that the life-long problems I've had with my family and other community members were NOT MY FAULT. It was their defective argumentation.

They operated entirely on the idea that I needed to be annihilated. That was the only thing that directed their techniques of conversation with me. Carico has no goal or purpose in this discussion other than to annihilate atheists. She can never be made to confess that she is in any way defective. She can always twist things in such a way as to make the honest oponent look stupid.

That provokes the oponent into looking for other ways to convince her. And thus it provides many more opportunities for her to make them look stupid. This provides much-needed diversion in an otherwise completely empty life. That is my conclusion, based on not a great deal of evidence from this particular person but on a lifetime of trying in vain to relate to people like her. I hope it helps.

Carico is great fodder for "Fundies Say the Darndest Things", but that's about it. Why waste time battling with the feebleminded?

I think I found the thread you are referring to. It's here for those who are interested. It starts on the previous page.

SD, I can see why you are hurt. I sent you a pm. I did this out of respect for Celt Cat's request that we not carry fights here from other forums. I hope you feel better soon.

Also, a lot of people aren't going to like me saying this, but we don't like it when Christians strut into this forum and tell us how foolish we all are.

If you go into a Christian forum promoting non-Christianity and ideas, then you're going to get the shit treatment. That's just a basic fact, and you're not going to win. We're walking in on their territory.

Sage, I don't know how your post relates to the OP here. I am not familiar with the politics at CARM and possibly you are. Based strictly on what I see in the thread SD refers to, I don't see her doing anything wrong. Carico seems to want to discuss the atheist opinion that scripture is inconsistent, so SD produces something and makes a point. The point is that making a point with a person of Carico's mentality is beside the point, and one is liable to get punished for trying. I think this agrees with what people are saying on this thread and that SD understands this by now.

Okay, southdakota, have a look here. I had a bit of fun with this lady. Does this make up for what she did to you?

Also, a lot of people aren't going to like me saying this, but we don't like it when Christians strut into this forum and tell us how foolish we all are.

We don't?

I see.

Strictly speaking, yes. The High Queen of Denial actually does more work for "our" side than for theirs by her outrageous loads of crap called "postings". But sometimes it's fun to bash the morontheists :pureevil:

I've found a very good method of causing her to stop talking to me.

She goes on and on about Atheists and Justice, and then I point out her actual inconsistency and she immediately shuts up.

As others have said, why bother? Unless you need debating practice, you're wasting your time.

I've found a very good method of causing her to stop talking to me.

She goes on and on about Atheists and Justice, and then I point out her actual inconsistency and she immediately shuts up.

I checked just now. She hasn't responded yet to any of my replies. She will probably make up some lie about why I said the things I did. It will be something that makes her look good and me look bad, perhaps something to the equivilent of "RSM wasn't worth responding to." She might even be smart enough not to say it to people who saw the exchanges. I'm still trying to get my head around the kind of reasoning her type live by. It's so utterly and hopelessly shallow and faulty yet they are so skilled at hurting honest people.

Of course I realize what's being said, but what I'm trying to say is, she may act like she wants to debate an atheist like some kind of great Christian saint......but she really doesn't.

On CARM you are an atheist surrounded by people who are convinced that none of your arguments could possibly be taken seriously or hold weight, and any invitations from them to debate or argue should be taken with a grain of salt. They're really not wanting to argue with you. They're really wanting to expose themselves as proud, immovable, perfect Christians by pretending to take you on. They're not going to reply to any of your arguments or points, because actual healthy debate is not their goal. They will dismiss every point put forward with relatively weak counterpoints, because they're not actually going to think about what you're saying, or really what their replies are. The entire point is to say, "Look at what an assured, good Christian I am, I'm willing to badmouth atheists and take them on."

For those not involved but watching, they will be sucked into the whole self-righteous Christian act by applauding her faith and obstinacy in the name of "You just know they're wrong because they're not Christian."

Do you really expect to change any minds? Do you really think anybody over there is going to say, "Hmm, wow, that's a possibility?" It would be like a Christian posting on here and one of us saying, "Gee, I never thought of it that way before, let's hit the youth club before the Rapture hits!"

Sage, you may be onto something about their mentality. But I have a problem with the following:

Do you really expect to change any minds? Do you really think anybody over there is going to say, "Hmm, wow, that's a possibility?" It would be like a Christian posting on here and one of us saying, "Gee, I never thought of it that way before, let's hit the youth club before the Rapture hits!"

1. Yes, I expect that someone may change his of her mind. Were it not for the things exChristians said on this and other forums I would be a lot worse off than I am. I NEEDED the ideas of exChristians simply to figure out an alternative framework and life philosophy by which to identify and live. I posted against Carico for that very reason. I say so in the post itself.

2. Your analogy doesn't work because we don't have youth groups to hit or Raptures that will hit us. When crappy evangelists come in here all we've got at our disposal is mockery and ridicule or cold indifference. We can't threaten them with eternal torture for refusing to accept what we say.