Goodbye Jesus

New On Here

Guest Jo Jo

Guest Jo Jo

i know what it's like to be a teen and live with a fundie. i am one, and i did. my mother is about as fundamental as can be.

she was an allcontrolling bitch who doesn't know a thing about raising a teen or pre teens. she controlled everything i did. i wasn't allowed to go to my friends houses during the week or during the school year. she made me dress like a prep and i wan't allowed to talk about boys or date until i was "in college".

EVERYTHING i did was controlled. there is a catch though. my brothers were able to do multiple sports during the year, go over to friends houses during the week and school year, own guns, play on the internet w/out being watched and all kinds of stuff that i wasn't. the only reason this was was because i am girl and my brothers are...well...boys.

i finally had it with my mom and left.

she just recently got into a fight with me over my brother's muscles and my BF's. it was so frustrating because she starts shit over stupid stuff...it totally annoys me. i finally told her that i had had enough and that i wasn't going to talk to her.

can't believe i finally did it, but it feels good. no more guilt of having to take any more of her crap. :wicked:

Hey, welcome to the community! I'm glad you're starting to find your own way... I was really lucky to have very open-minded parents who didn't impose on me too much, so I can't really sympathize with you but I'm sure there's lots of people here who can. :)

Looking forward to getting to know you better! Cheers!

Man. Did we have the same mother?? Or did both our mothers just go to the same Bad Parenting 101 classes??

Good on you for standing your ground. I had to marry my way out. It sucked, but either way - out is better.

Welcome to the forum.