Goodbye Jesus

Deconversion Experience Research

Guest Hannah

Guest Hannah

Hey

My name is Hannah. I live in the UK and i began my deconversion expereience about a year ago. This message board, and website proved invaluable to me. I lurked around and posted every now again. I have taken a bit of time out to heal, but now i feel ready to come back as a true guilt free ex christian.

Anyway to the point. I am currently trying to decide what to do for my dissertation for my BSc Psychology. I would really love to do something to do with the experieence of deconversion from fundamentalist/evangelical christianity. I feel lucky living in the UK that I am able to do this research with no raised eyebrows. I have to present a research proposal, and need to show that i have an avaiable population to conduct my reseacrh on. My research will not take place for a couple of months yet, but i just wasnted to know if people on this forum would possibly be interested in answering some questionaire and or doing a telephone interview. I know this is only undergraduate research, but i do think that this is a neglected area which would benifit from research.

My question to you is, would you be willing to fill out a questionnaire or two if i emailed them out at some point. Of course i would keep all research anonymous and confidential. When completed i wouls present the results on this board. I am not asked people to commit now, just to see if there is any interest to make this research brief viable.

Many thanks

I'd be willing.

My question to you is, would you be willing to fill out a questionnaire or two if i emailed them out at some point. Of course i would keep all research anonymous and confidential. When completed i wouls present the results on this board. I am not asked people to commit now, just to see if there is any interest to make this research brief viable.

Many thanks

I'd love to. I think it would be fun. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like all but the first three posts on this thread got nuked in the meltdown yesterday.

I'd be willing to take part

My deconversion experience was probably quite unlike those of many others here, considering that I never got sucked into a fundy cult, but I'd fill out that thing too ;)

My post got nuked, so I am reiterating my willingness to participate. :)

My post got nuked as well so, again, I'd like to be involved too.

Guest Hannah

Thanks to all, I put the idea to my supervisor who said it was fine - so i just need to go away and do the leg work. It will prob be over the summer sometime that i have the questionnaire up and running but i'l keep you posted. The level of interest is really great, I will post again a bit nearer the time to see if people are still interested/

Many thanks Hannah

Thanks to all, I put the idea to my supervisor who said it was fine - so i just need to go away and do the leg work. It will prob be over the summer sometime that i have the questionnaire up and running but i'l keep you posted. The level of interest is really great, I will post again a bit nearer the time to see if people are still interested/

Many thanks Hannah

Add me to the list if you like.