Goodbye Jesus

Why Is Sex/nudity Worse Than Violence? 2.0

Ramen666

The other thread got deleted in the sever failure, so I bringing this topic back for those who wish to continue:

Orginal topic for those missed it:

When I was young, I was allowed to watch violence, but God forbid a human breast or nudity. This is not just in my house hold but in others , in America in general and the Christian or American society. Why is it ok to shoot down Nazi's in games, see people shoot each other to their hearts content but our society looks so down on sexuality/nudity. This is a double standard and backwards logic my question is how did this begin. Why is America like this , when in Europe their can be nudity even in commercials. :shrug: .

An example some racing game on xbox (3 years ago) had a commercial in France or something and it had nudity. The game was rated E for Everyone in the US. Imagine if that was presented in the United States...the scandolus, the uproar, the backlash....why is this presneted this way.

Because. You see it's like this, In the Christian Nation, if Christ had been Fucked to death sex would be more then acceptable, but because he was supposedly beaten to a bloody pulp and held policies that were anti-sex well, there you have it... :Wendywhatever:

:scratch: This still is a double standard though for the United States though because after all Europe it is way more acceptable than the U.S.

No argument here Ramen, my answer was ment to be facetious, sorry I forgot the sarcasm tags. :HaHa:

Sex and nudity are really dangerous you see.....they have the power to make people happy.

The very definition of fundamentalism is the paralyzing fear that someone somewhere is having a good time.

And also don't forget that, in the Babble, violence in the name of Da Lard is a good thing, but there is no sex in the name of Gawd. Especially in the Old Testament, many forms of violence are perfectly acceptable (and even encouraged) when it's done to fulfill God's Will™, but sexuality is always depicted as something icky and hence to be avoided, even in marriage.

Sex and nudity are really dangerous you see.....they have the power to make people happy.

The very definition of fundamentalism is the paralyzing fear that someone somewhere is having a good time.

Exactly.

Also, unhappy people are a lot easier to control. If a person is happy, the snake-oil salesman theist first has to convince that person (s)he's actually wrong about that before s/he (the theist) can launch into his/her sales pitch. Given the natural proclivity of all people toward remaining happy, this is a rather daunting endeavor which usually yields little result.

If a person is unhappy, however, the snake-oil salesman theist's job is half done. An unhappy person is naturally compelled to seek happiness, so (s)he's already susceptible to outside influence and persuasion. All the theist has to do is make the (minimal) effort to put forth a good front of having what the unhappy person seeks, and the person's desire for happiness will usually take over from there and do the theist's work for him/her.

Gads, my sister was right. English does have terrible, sloppy pronouns.

And also don't forget that, in the Babble, violence in the name of Da Lard is a good thing, but there is no sex in the name of Gawd. Especially in the Old Testament, many forms of violence are perfectly acceptable (and even encouraged) when it's done to fulfill God's Will, but sexuality is always depicted as something icky and hence to be avoided, even in marriage.

Haha, so true. The babble enlightens people with the notion that sex is evil and should only be contained in the confines of marriage, but by that time, they're so guilty that they can't even properly enjoy it 'cause they have to follow instructions. The 'Lord' is in our room. He's everywhere. He's watching us in our privacy. What a perv.

I am not saying any of you are wrong, BUT you are all pointing out the Christian persepective (which is fine). I know that they are a majority but why don't they have these feelings in other countries such as France.

I must just be missing one key factor in this and I got to find out what it is.

I am not saying any of you are wrong, BUT you are all pointing out the Christian persepective (which is fine).

Isn't that the point? :shrug:

I know that they are a majority but why don't they have these feelings in other countries such as France.

I must just be missing one key factor in this and I got to find out what it is.

Personally, I think it's the degree to which Xianity doesn't govern the lives of its adherents anymore in those countries. Sure, they may be officially Xian and their populations may claim to be Xians, but how many really bother to study the Babble or live out all the nutty commands and injunctions found in its pages?

From what I've seen, European Xians are some years ahead of us in shedding the Xian skin and just living as they know best, despite the religion they profess to hold. Xian fundamentalism is mostly an American thing, sadly :(