Goodbye Jesus

The Born Again Disease

Ahh!

From a site run by a Church of Satan member

http://members.tripod.com/~chicombobwayen/bornagainssuchtml

A study showed that only 4% of born-again Christians had driven drunk before being "saved," but 12% had driven drunk afterwards. 5% had used illegal drugs before salvation, 9% had done so afterwards. 2% had engaged in illicit sex before being born again, 5% after."

Interesting. :scratch:

Of course, maybe at least part of that could be explained because morontheists, being as braindead as they are, would call exactly the same kind of act "legal" before they bacame booooooorn again ™ and illegal afterwards... as in "now I'm with jeeeeebus, now it's illegal for me to do it, but it wasn't before since I had noooooo morals ™"... :banghead:

In my opinion, the inability to dicipher morals after being born again is a serious enough reason in and of itself not to be born a second time, even for Jesus. Maybe they were born right the first time around and just didn't realize it. Like the old saying: Far away pastures always look greener.

Yes I know you say they tighten standards for themselves after being born again. However, legal remains legal irregardless of religious status. If it is illegal to drive 90 km/h on a certain stretch of highway it is illegal. Religious status does not count in court. The only place religious status counts is in a church that recognizes it. The horse and buggy Mennonites would kick out the guy simply for having a driver's license. No chance of them getting fined for breaking the speed limit.

I have a sneaking suspicion that some people intentionally said they broke the speed limit more often after their conversion just to prove how powerful the blood of the lamb really is. It is so powerful that they no longer fear the law.

Of course, in churches where you have to be born again or saved by the time you're twelve, the opportunities to break the speed limit were severely limited. On the other hand, if a man was not born again until his early twenties, chances are that the pressures of adult life called for fast rides more often than his earlier life. I would want a lot more information before I accepted the results of that study.

Could this be a contortion of statistics considering the young ages that most victims join the born again movement?

Mongo