Goodbye Jesus

Where Is The Power Of Jesus?

R. S. Martin

I've been looking through the ruins of our earlier threads and found this one. The main title is Interesting Side Thought, but I like the second part of the title: Where the hell is the power of Jesus.

I forget exactly what it was about but I think these words are provacative enough to start a discussion all on their own. Let's see, I think it had something to do with why doesn't Jesus manifest his power when people witness about it. That would make their witness so much more powerful. Since "witnesses" are obligated to sift through the world's broken dreams and success stories to find it, well, it makes for a pretty difficult and thankless task for Christians, and they are merely doing what they're told to do if they don't want to end up on the bbq for eternity.

I think more could be gotten out of this title than that one item. What about unanswered prayer? And not just when we need someone healed or defeated or whatever miracle we think needs to be done to make this world a better place. What about the light I just missed? Or the parking spot that got taken just ahead of me? especially in those cases where we were made late because of it and being late caused a family feud or made us fail an exam or some other Everyday Biggie. If you were like I was, you used to pray about these things.

Where was Jesus' power when my mom had cancer? Oh, I forgot, it was all part of this top secret plan that god had to have her emotionally abuse me, then get cancer and die. Right. :rolleyes:

How people can justify worshipping a being like that is beyond me.

Don't forget 9/11 was all parts of God's master plan... :Hmm:

God sure likes killing people in various ways...he lets children burn to death in cars, but planes...how original of God.