Goodbye Jesus

Jews For Jesus/messianic Jews

Ahh!

I am doing a project for creative writing where I have to write a piece of non-fiction. It's due Monday. I've decided to do an investigative reporting piece on the Jews For Jesus phenomena and the anti-semitism that underlies it. During the time before I decided to give up on religion entirely, I was involved in over 200 hours of online debates between Jews and Christians over Jesus's messiahship and I used to run into these jackasses with some regularity. I want:

* Any personal stories/experiences you guys have had with these groups

* Any particularly revolting quotes you can find by their members

Thanks!

Ahh!,

You've probably already checked it out, but the website below is sponsored by the only international Jewish organization dedicated to fighting the multi-million dollar effort of certain Christian sects to convert Jews.

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org

My anecdote regards my own grown daughter, wife of a charismatic Episcopal priest who, with her husband, has forged ties with a nearby synagogue for reasons unknown to me but easily imagined.

In a telephone conversation with her, wherein the subject was my atheism and my being married to a Jew, she said, "Oh, Mom, if only you were Jewish. We love Jews."

When I repeated this statement of hers to my husband he said, "Yeah. They love Jews like our dog loves woodchucks."

My anecdote regards my own grown daughter, wife of a charismatic Episcopal priest who, with her husband, has forged ties with a nearby synagogue for reasons unknown to me but easily imagined.

In a telephone conversation with her, wherein the subject was my atheism and my being married to a Jew, she said, "Oh, Mom, if only you were Jewish. We love Jews."

If you were Jewish, then when your daughter converts you and hubby, you would both be completed Jews. :grin: That's the term a lady at my former church used to describe a Christian-Jewish speaker at a "Jews for Jesus" service. So are all other Jews incomplete? If so, are they half-Jewish? Since Christians think they follow the true messiah, are they the "real" Jews? Displacement theology, anyone? :wacko:

Ahh!, you might want to check out the true stories at Ex-Jews For Jesus.

Well, Ex-Cog, following the logic of my husband, in his paralleling fundy love of Jews with canine love of woodchucks, I'd say a "completed Jew" is a digested Jew.

Mmmm. :P Delicious.

For some reason the idea of "complete Jews" brings to mind an image of prepubescent Jewish boys standing in a church pew, accepting Jesus and then feeling their balls drop.

For some reason the idea of "complete Jews" brings to mind an image of prepubescent Jewish boys standing in a church pew, accepting Jesus and then feeling their balls drop.

:clap:

To the delighted swoonings and "Hallelujahs" of the assembled, witnessing brand new religious castrates in-the-making.