Goodbye Jesus

Apostacy

Guest fishead

Guest fishead

I had an interesting convo this weekend with someone about apostacy. First of all, this person believes in the Calvinistic teaching of Perseverance of the saints (i.e. eternal salvation). So if someone truly believes, and they then walk away from their faith, they are still saved. However, this person had an interesting take on continued unbelief. This Christian believes that if an ex-Christian remains in unbelief, god will take them home (i.e. kill them)! Anyone heard of such crazy shit? Are the folks here at ex-xian dropping like flies?

matt.f

I had an interesting convo this weekend with someone about apostacy. First of all, this person believes in the Calvinistic teaching of Perseverance of the saints (i.e. eternal salvation). So if someone truly believes, and they then walk away from their faith, they are still saved. However, this person had an interesting take on continued unbelief. This Christian believes that if an ex-Christian remains in unbelief, god will take them home (i.e. kill them)! Anyone heard of such crazy shit? Are the folks here at ex-xian dropping like flies?

matt.f

Well, they really didn't specify how long one has to be living in unbelief in order to be "taken home". Is 50-90 years long enough? :HaHa:

I mean really, all those believers have to be close to 2000 years old by now!

This Christian believes that if an ex-Christian remains in unbelief, god will take them home (i.e. kill them)! Anyone heard of such crazy shit?

Where do people come up with this stuff? I mean honestly, does some unemployed person actually sit around all day and think this shit up? Anyway, this Christian either doesn't think too hard, or they just gave up on thinking entirely because it didn't suit them.

When someone dies there is a cause. People can either attribute causes to natural processes (i.e. accident, illness, etc.), or they can attribute them to superstition, magic and sorcery. Which is reasonable? :shrug: