Goodbye Jesus

So You Want Scary, Eh?

Rhia

So I've been traipsing about some of the net's "finest" of horrible Christian and totally mindless sites, and came across this one.

It's the ministry that led the camp featured in "Jesus Camp". Funny thing is, I shared this with my not-yet-"out" Ex-Christian boyfriend, whose mother is a skinny and more insane version of the fat woman in the movie (who runs this ministry) and he basically asked that I never show it to him again, just in case his mother come across it- because she would use it and he didn't want to imagine the damage that could be done with it. (I think she uses his computer when goes home, or something...)

http://kidsinministry.com/

Take a look around, especially read "Peewee Prophets"

and read just how scary this ministry is and the point to where they're willing to brainwash. Seriously... 3 year olds laying hands on grandfathers to restore sight and crap? It's pretty sick.

Lol..."Leading the Lambs to the Lions"....ain't that the truth? :Wendywhatever:

Wow...that 12 year old girl, Akiane, can paint better than most adults...and self-taught too. Too bad she wastes that talent on Christianity.

"...children can be both touched and used by God."

:twitch:

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks the unintentionally disgusting connotations of this are actually pretty accurate in describing what they are their god are actually doing?

Raising kids like this is, as Richard Dawkins rightly points out, child abuse as perverse and harmful as any other type.

from here

He says, I'm feeling and hearing the absolute strongest charge I think I've ever heard concerning children and youth about raising them. And this is the wording now, this is the wording of El Shadai, the all-breasty one, that raising the children…

What or who is the all-breasty one???

http://kidsinministry.com/

Take a look around, especially read "Peewee Prophets"

and read just how scary this ministry is and the point to where they're willing to brainwash. Seriously... 3 year olds laying hands on grandfathers to restore sight and crap? It's pretty sick.

And what happens when the child's prayer is not answered and the grandpa still cannot see the child's face? The potential for serious harm on the level of emotion and trust is enormous.

And what happens when the child's prayer is not answered and the grandpa still cannot see the child's face? The potential for serious harm on the level of emotion and trust is enormous.

It's excused to everyone, not just children- that it simply wasn't the will of god, or that the child must've "prayed wrong", etc, etc, etc.

It's sick.

I agree that it's child abuse, and think it would be beneficial to take children out of homes with such obviously mentally ill parents. It's not healthy for a child to live in a home where the parents are hallucinating that they either see or hear god/jesus/angels/demons/satan.

Hamburger Intercession

Burger King seemed like an unlikely place for anything spiritual to happen, so while the L. family stood in line to order their meals, Linette, Ivy's mom, struck up a simple conversation with the people behind them. The woman was pregnant, so Linette asked the typical questions you ask a mother-to-be, picked up her food and they went to their table.

They sat down, and the woman and her family sat behind them, ate their meal with no further incident and eventually stood up to leave. Linette noticed Ivy watching them out of them corner of her eye. Quietly the four year old set her hamburger down on the table, and just stared at her food. Mom knowing her daughter well by now, put her hand over her stomach and asked, "What's going on in here Ivy? Do you feel like you need to pray?"

Ivy nodded her head and took off with her typical blow-you-away prayer power and began pleading the blood of Jesus over that family and saying things like, "and that car will not hit them and they will make it all the way home in Jesus' name!"

With that, the child picked up her hamburger and finished her meal. Later, Linette cautiously asked her daughter, "So did you feel like a car was going to hit those people?"

"Yep!" Ivy answered, "but not any more!"

WTF???

...lol...

Hamburger Intercession

Burger King seemed like an unlikely place for anything spiritual to happen, so while the L. family stood in line to order their meals, Linette, Ivy's mom, struck up a simple conversation with the people behind them. The woman was pregnant, so Linette asked the typical questions you ask a mother-to-be, picked up her food and they went to their table.

They sat down, and the woman and her family sat behind them, ate their meal with no further incident and eventually stood up to leave. Linette noticed Ivy watching them out of them corner of her eye. Quietly the four year old set her hamburger down on the table, and just stared at her food. Mom knowing her daughter well by now, put her hand over her stomach and asked, "What's going on in here Ivy? Do you feel like you need to pray?"

Ivy nodded her head and took off with her typical blow-you-away prayer power and began pleading the blood of Jesus over that family and saying things like, "and that car will not hit them and they will make it all the way home in Jesus' name!"

With that, the child picked up her hamburger and finished her meal. Later, Linette cautiously asked her daughter, "So did you feel like a car was going to hit those people?"

"Yep!" Ivy answered, "but not any more!"

WTF???

...lol...

I know, right? WTF indeed.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, that airplane will not crash into my neighbor's house in 2 minutes!

Get'em young. If the government doesn't the churches will, or at will at least try their damndest to get the young to their side. After seeing the Jesus Camp movie, I have to hand it to them for their creativity in methods of indoctrination and their resourcefulness. That is respectable (even if their beliefs are a joke that no one has let them in on).

These people honestly believe that what they are doing is not only a good thing, but a necessary and world-saving thing. Yes they are nuts, though in their own worlds they are the only sane ones.

Oh, and did anyone ever tell the fat woman that gluttony is a sin...? Maybe those little cream-filled donuts (Yum!) are her struggle.