Goodbye Jesus

T-rex Ate Coconuts.

dd5

Before Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise, museum visitors are told, all of the dinosaurs were peaceable plant-eaters. The evidence is found in Genesis 1:30, where God gives "green herb" to every creature to eat. There were no predators. T-Rex had such big teeth, the museum explains, so it could open coconuts. Only after Adam and Eve sinned and were cast out of paradise did the dinosaurs start to eat flesh. And Adam's sin is a key component of the belief system, for in the eyes of many creationists, in order for Jesus' death to be meaningful it had to atone for Adam's first sin

Well then that sure explains a ton! THANKS CHRISTIANITY!

And on a related note I very badly want to visit this museum now.

http://www.alternet.org/story/49811

And what museum would this be? The National Stupidity Museum?

DD5, thanks for sharing this!

Well, I hope that museum endures many centuries. I'm sure our future predessors could use a good laugh! Gosh, I hope that would not be an indication of how all of us are! :eek:

Yet, they may sympathize with what a lot of us had to put up with? :shrug:

Hey, I just saw where that cost millions! Who's paying for that? The fundamentalists, I hope? :Hmm:

I would assume fundie money poured into this thing, not sure though; they've been gloating about it for quite some time now. Full video interview about the place here.

Edit:Apparently it cost 27 million.

I would assume fundie money poured into this thing, not sure though; they've been gloating about it for quite some time now. Full video interview about the place here.

Currently I don't have sound on my computer. :(

However, written comments echoed the ones here.

$27 million! That's a wake up call to the pervasive ignorance religous institutions propagate! How can these people still think this when the evolution theory was/is mandatory in school?!!!!! :ohmy:

Before Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise, museum visitors are told, all of the dinosaurs were peaceable plant-eaters. The evidence is found in Genesis 1:30, where God gives "green herb" to every creature to eat. There were no predators. T-Rex had such big teeth, the museum explains, so it could open coconuts. Only after Adam and Eve sinned and were cast out of paradise did the dinosaurs start to eat flesh. And Adam's sin is a key component of the belief system, for in the eyes of many creationists, in order for Jesus' death to be meaningful it had to atone for Adam's first sin.

Okay, so let me get this straight...dinos in paradise=docile cuddly herbivores. Then...god gets totally pissed because his ignorant huminoid play pretties eat tainted fruit and the dinos get kicked out and have to forage for hamhocks to keep up their strength. Then...(according to the Creation Museum co-founder, Mike Zovath, in

posted above) Noah took the dinos on the Ark, where they all became docile cuddly herbivores again while they sharpened up their boatswain skills, as well as their teeth, during another one of god's temper tantrums. Then...after they slogged through the mud on their way down from Mt. Ararat, Mr. & Mrs. T-Rex and kin gave up their salad fetish and became the giant beastly carnivores we all know and love. Is this correct? :twitch:

Soooo, that must mean that (gulp!) these six thousand year old bad boys are still lurking about all over and not just on Isla Nublar & Isla Sorna?!?! Well, considering that little tidbit of pertinent info...suddenly the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle ain't such a mystery anymore and the fate of flight 19 can finally be explained!...goddamned pesky Pterodactyls! :crazy:

Thanks for stopping by and please continue to pray for the museum. Only two months until our Grand Opening!

Is it okay to pray to an inanimate object? God bless this pile of concrete, steel beams and cheesy exhibits?

Guest Court Jester

It is such a completely obvious abomination of science, and it is being presented as fact. This is 2007. Amazing. The obvious problem, as the article said, is that these people already have a set ideology, which calls for facts to either be discarded or accepted based on whether they support this ridiculous mythology or not. Yes, science is great when they need it to build their animatronic dinosaurs and light their building, yet when it comes to other things like our earth's history, science suddenly doesn't know a damn thing!

:scratch:

Oh, isn't that the museum that is supposedly within a days drive of 2/3 the population of the US? It must be, unless AiG is opening more that one.

And what museum would this be? The National Stupidity Museum?
Yep.

Heheh heh, let me get this straight. So... the long, sliver-like tooth of the T-rex was :lmao:... :lmao: :lmao:... The T-Rex teeth were :lmao:... somehow able to break the shell of a coconut ( why they wouldn't just swallow it whole I don't know...), but after this fall of man business :lmao:... they were suddenly PERFECTLY ADAPTED to rending flesh?

Soooo, that must mean that (gulp!) these six thousand year old bad boys are still lurking about all over and not just on Isla Nublar & Isla Sorna?!?! Well, considering that little tidbit of pertinent info...suddenly the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle ain't such a mystery anymore and the fate of flight 19 can finally be explained!...goddamned pesky Pterodactyls! :crazy:

Nah, didn't you hear? They all got drownded in the Great Flood. That's why all those fossils are found with their necks pulled back, they were desperately trying stick their snouts above the rising water line. :HaHa: God musta been tired of 'em...

Seriously, if we all agree the dinosaurs are extinct, how could they have been on the ark?? Maybe they died out because of habitat loss during the Bronze Age... :scratch::Wendywhatever:

How can they say it's science when they make stuff up?

It reminds me of the Dark Sucker Theory where light is the absence of Dark and lightbulbs don't emit light, they suck dark. The black spot on full Dark Sucker is proof of this. The sad difference is, the Dark Sucker Theory is a joke and no one is expected to believe it.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I don't have sound on my computer. :(

However, written comments echoed the ones here.

$27 million! That's a wake up call to the pervasive ignorance religous institutions propagate! How can these people still think this when the evolution theory was/is mandatory in school?!!!!! :ohmy:

I don't remember who said it, but...

To grasp the concept of infinity, one only has to contemplate the breadth of human stupidity

Guest worldofourown

i can only worry for the next generation and the kind of idiots they will all grow up to be if they don't have straight thinking parents to tell them that it is all a joke done by stupid, narrow minded people.

I don't remember who said it, but...

To grasp the concept of infinity, one only has to contemplate the breadth of human stupidity

I always liked this one, by a celebrated old curmudgeon:

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
(Emphasis mine)

Casey

The evidence is found in Genesis 1:30, where God gives "green herb" to every creature to eat. There were no predators.

Because they were too stoned to kill each other? Certain green herbs have that effect, y'know.

Heheh heh, let me get this straight. So... the long, sliver-like tooth of the T-rex was :lmao:... :lmao: :lmao:... The T-Rex teeth were :lmao:... somehow able to break the shell of a coconut ( why they wouldn't just swallow it whole I don't know...), but after this fall of man business :lmao:... they were suddenly PERFECTLY ADAPTED to rending flesh?

Yeah, that always got me. I used to have a hell of a time wondering why lions and wolves and so on were created with teeth that were perfectly suited for tearing flesh even though they, according to the mythology of the Garden of Eden, weren't eating other animals before the fall of man. I used to just try and dismiss it by assuming Yahooweh knew what he was doing and I'd find out why when I got to heaven.

Sad that such a lovely seed of doubt took so many years to take root, but that is one of the things Xians have no answer for. Nothing would be made with meat-eating teeth if it were intended to only eat plants and fruits. Any attempt to suggest Yahooweh wanted it so is just making excuses.

Guest Bellatrix

And I'm sure all the dromeosaurs in the Museum Of How-Low-Can-We-Go have feathers, right? You know, the ones that evolved into birds?

I mean, the ones God gave feathers to to keep them warm because after the Fall of Man an ice age happened and cold came into the world and the big bad dinos had to break chunks of ice off with their sharp teeth to get water and that's really why God made them have sharp teeth and that's also what made the Badlands even though there are rocks hundreds of millions of years old there but that's because dating methods are WRONG and INACCURATE and acknowledging scientific evidence makes the baby Jesus cry blah blah blah blah blah...

Hey, if the creos can pull stuff out of their asses, so can I. :HaHa: