Goodbye Jesus

Fraternities...

Lightbearer

I was wondering if anyone on this board had bad experiences with fratenity guys like I did, because right now to me they are generally accepted as "the enemy" and besides 4 guys who I like, ever "frat guy" i've ever met has been some stereotypical asshole.

I've never told this story here but I've been wanting too. My first roommate in college and his fraternity brothers threated to beat me up because I was an atheist. I remeber one night this guy i've never seen before came in my room and I said "Hey! You're new, who are you?" and he said, "you can shut the fuck up you non-god-believing-peice-of-shit!" One of the other guys actually stepped in and told him he was out of line and that I could hit him if I wanted to, I didn't though.

After that they kept coming in every night, drunk, and trying to convert me to Christianity! The only rest I got was when they started getting hazed at their rush (some great friends huh? They beat the shit out of them, and my roommate couldn't tell me any of it). One night this guy came in my room and said

"I heard you and your roommate were having problems... you know, he is my Brother and if you mess with one of us you mess with all of us!"

I was brushing my teeth, I spit, turned around and said "Who the fuck do you think you? I'll mess with whoever I damn-well fucking please! Your not going to do shit about it either!" and then he was like

"Whoa! Man, we gotta be cool man! Let's be cool! Are we cool?"

"Just leave me alone and we will be cool..."

Never heard from that guy again, I knew they were full of shit.

Later 3 of the 4 nice frat guys I know invited me up to the Frat house after a football game. I went up there and the president of the frat said I could stay and wait for my friends too show up. So I sat in a corner, minding my own business, and then this dude came and wanted to "have a talk" with me about how it was a "closed party" even though I was invited. I told I was invited and who invited me and said I talk to the head guy and he left. He came back later with a large group of guys. Then one guy pulled me aside and into the the house saying "Hey man, this party is close and we said that and I know you got invited but those people who invited you.... don't know.... what they were doing, so your going to have to go because when a fraternity tells you do something you have to do it, or your going to have.... big big problems."

So I left and decided one day I'm going to buy that frat house, kick everyone out, bulldoze it and then raise a statue of myself in it's place!

I was wondering if anyone else had any experiences with frats that they wouldn't mind sharing. The worse, the better.

*cricket chirps*

...So...

I guess i'm the only one with these problems. :unsure:

College was well over 20 years ago for me. My experience with fraternity boys was to stay as far away from the idiots as I could thus I didn't interact with them.

*cricket chirps*

...So...

Probably you're not the only one, LB.

It's just that back in my college days (1968-1972) such as you've gone through would have been unheard of. The fratboys did their thing, didn't bother anyone. And there were a lot of atheists and agnostics among them. Religion or lack of it was one's own business. That was before the "jesus freak" movement of the mid-70's. Times have changed, thanks to the fundiegelicals' polarizing efforts.

Where are you going to college? Where I'm at the frat people and the religious people don't mix and most of the greek people I know are cool.

Id help but theres no frats here...just people. :shrug:

*cricket chirps*

...So...

Probably you're not the only one, LB.

It's just that back in my college days (1968-1972) such as you've gone through would have been unheard of. The fratboys did their thing, didn't bother anyone. And there were a lot of atheists and agnostics among them. Religion or lack of it was one's own business. That was before the "jesus freak" movement of the mid-70's. Times have changed, thanks to the fundiegelicals' polarizing efforts.

"Polarized" is a good way to describe the greek people. If your not in one of the frats they actual give you an official label of GDI, God-Damn-Independent! Seriously! It's odd because all of them claim to be Christian-related groups and yet the real Christian groups like the BCM are no where near as bad as the frats.

On comparision i'd rather deal with the Christian groups --they are ultra-annoying but their nice. The frats act like you some kind of serf to them to their royal court.

Where are you going to college? Where I'm at the frat people and the religious people don't mix and most of the greek people I know are cool.

I'm going to college in Louisiana (the South!)... so some of this behavior should not come as a shock.

I don't hang out with frats, my friends at college are people who aren't involved in social acitviites and smoke a hell of a lot of cigarettes., :D