Goodbye Jesus

The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth

Guest sparks

Guest sparks

When the meek eventually do inherit the earth i hope i am in hell with the rest of the loudmouths and.. well.. all those hellians.. cause lets face it.. Who the fuck wants to live on earth if a bunch of boring wankers get to run things?

what are they going to do for a laugh? Have lamington drives and bingo nights?

The meek won't inherit jack shit. To quote that movie "Alexander" "Fortune favors the bold." No great person in history was humble and meek. Yeah, Mother Theresa but she just went around feeding starving orphans...If you want to create civilizations you have to act like Attila The Hun or Ghengis Kahn...Not Jesus.

I spent the first several years of my life being meek. It got me nowhere. it is when I took control of my own life that I accomplished stuff. Jesus can shove that quote up his arse.

What "the meek shall inherit the earth" really means is that they get buried in it.

As a favorite author of mine said once, "The meek will inherit the earth...in 6 by 6 plots."

You don't get anything in this life if you aren't willing to work for it. Being "meek" just lets people walk all over you. I have learned that from experience.

Another example of wisdom from that "great" man Jesus. :bukkake:

I suppose it depends on what one means by 'meek'. Inasmuch as it means to be humble rather than arrogant, stoic rather than weak, patient rather than greedy and gentle rather than angry I think it is certainly a virtue.

Inasmuch as it means to be submissive out of a lack of self-confidence or self-respect, to the real dtriment of onesself, yes, I would agree that it can be very negative.

Though I have my doubts that there will be a 'new heaven and earth' for the 'saved' to inherit, perhaps there is a valid and profound point here. If one is patient, stoic, unassuming and ultimately serene and peaceful, then surely one has 'inherited the earth', or received that which is good from the world? By eliminating the perpetual, selfish and destructive greed and craving for excess in meaningless things, surely one has gained more than lost?

One does not have to be submissive, cowardly or boring to be meek.

Next week in pseudo-Buddhist interpretations of the Sermon on the Mount... :HaHa:

Robbie, I agree with your post.

LMR said:

it is when I took control of my own life that I accomplished stuff.

QUESTION: Did it not take a huge chunk of meekness to accept yourself the way you are? But you did not stick with just accepting yourself; you went ahead and accomplished stuff. I say that takes an awful lot of meekness.

Not submissiveness. Meekness. In a culture where submissiveness is valued above all other characteristics, does it not require major amounts of meekness to go do what you need to do? I certainly think so. It means (for me, at least) foregoing all chances of gaining approval of the powers that be.

I spent the first several years of my life being meek. It got me nowhere.

I don't see this as meekness. I see it as submissiveness or even fear. Meekness can be bold and strong. But humble.

The meek shall indeed inherit the earth. Not in some future realm but right here today. Perhaps not in the actual physical way as in being a national leader. But in being a pillar of strength to whom others look for help and guidance.

I suppose it depends on what one means by 'meek'. Inasmuch as it means to be humble rather than arrogant, stoic rather than weak, patient rather than greedy and gentle rather than angry I think it is certainly a virtue.

Inasmuch as it means to be submissive out of a lack of self-confidence or self-respect, to the real dtriment of onesself, yes, I would agree that it can be very negative.

Very well put, indeed. I would think of Ghandhi as meek, but that doesn't mean he was boring or a pussy. He certainly stood up for what he believed in; he simply chose nonviolent means to do it.

Very well put, indeed. I would think of Ghandhi as meek, but that doesn't mean he was boring or a pussy. He certainly stood up for what he believed in; he simply chose nonviolent means to do it.

Jerusalem was always considered a crossroads of culture, with all the travelers that passed through that area it could be reasonably argued that Jesus was nothing more than a Jew who witnessed Bhuddist enlightenment. There is not a single philosophical thing that Jesus said that was original. The only reason Christianity spread was because it was illegal not to be one.

I got into an 'argument' just last week over Galileo. A woman maintained that Galileo believed in God because he said so in his writings. My argument was that if I held a flaming torch close enough to you while you were tied to a post in the middle of a heaping pile of firewood, you would write down anything damn thing I wanted.

"Meek will inherit the earth"

And I'll fuckin' own the mineral and mining rights..

kFL

Guest sparks

It was just a gag guys..

Remember when that meek little supervising teacher came to look after your classroom when you were a kid? How did she/he fare? Did they accomplish anything? Did they settle the class down? Not at my school anyway. And while, back then, I gave them an encouraging nod of the head and a smile in true "keep on trying and you'll get through to them" fashion - they didn't.

Now picture Mavis from bible studies taking over the throne and settling all the problems in the world with a swift "Now, now, now everyone. muslims and jews and christians can all get along just fine if they just think that they can..". Mavis would have a 747 flown into her quicker than Osama Bin Laden could say "blow that bitch up". Mind you a lot of people may well want to blow Mavis up. Mavis could amalgamate the masses so they forget about their differences.

My parents' fundy pastor has been doing a six-week seminar on that verse. He says the meek are people who are humble before God. They allow themselves to be "god-controlled" and eventually they'll be kings and such.

Meekness... nonviolence... meh, no thanks, count me out.

Maybe it meant that the meek will get the shit kicked out of them and they'll soon be worm food IN the earth? :lol:

Well, I do agree with everyone who referred to "meekness" as being humble in spirit and etc. That I agree with. That is what I try and apply to my everday life. However, growing up Southern Baptist we were taught to LITERALLY turn the other cheek. If someone degraded you in public or slapped you in the face you were just supposed to pray for them. Well, I no longer believe in that. My belief is kindness and humility to a certain extent. Total non violence is not natural. If I have to protect my physical well being I will do so.

The meek won't get the pretty girl.