Goodbye Jesus

I Don't Think Jesus Literally Existed

Evolution_beyond

It also explains the other people that existed outside the Garden of Eden in their creation myth. And it explains the dictum that you shall place no other gods before him. They believed that other gods existed and this particular one, Yahoo, was the one that created the Adam and Eve people. Other gods created other people. That's why I way it was a war god because it helped them kill the people of other gods.

Totally agree.

I also heard that in the Elohim pantheon there were 70 gods, one for each tribe (I'm not sure how reliable this info is). And Duhweh was basically the semite gods, and they had assigned gods to those people, and that group of people and so on. Pretty much accepting other gods, but they could only pray and obey their own tribal god. I think this is how the tribes were thinking in the jungles. They were fighting each other, but they admitted that the other tribe had a god (or gods), but "my god is stronger than your god" was the motto.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• Ouroboros

• NotBlinded

• Evolution_beyond

I also heard that in the Elohim pantheon there were 70 gods, one for each tribe (I'm not sure how reliable this info is). And Duhweh was basically the semite gods, and they had assigned gods to those people, and that group of people and so on. Pretty much accepting other gods, but they could only pray and obey their own tribal god. I think this is how the tribes were thinking in the jungles. They were fighting each other, but they admitted that the other tribe had a god (or gods), but "my god is stronger than your god" was the motto.

That sounds quite plausible. I wonder how many chistians would accept that though?

That sounds quite plausible. I wonder how many chistians would accept that though?

Only the ones that redefine the meaning of the word "Christian". A new cult: Christian Pagans. :HaHa: I have no clue what kind of theology they would have.

Only the ones that redefine the meaning of the word "Christian". A new cult: Christian Pagans. :HaHa: I have no clue what kind of theology they would have.

I don't get it. There are several groups that don't believe in the gods, or the jesus, of the bible yet they still cling to that book like it was the only book ever written. Which brings us back to the topic. If this jesus never really existed then why bother with what someone made up about him? They weren't trying to figure out life or anything, they were selling a religion. Like all shady salespersons, they'll make up anything to get you to buy into it.

I don't get it. There are several groups that don't believe in the gods, or the jesus, of the bible yet they still cling to that book like it was the only book ever written. Which brings us back to the topic. If this jesus never really existed then why bother with what someone made up about him? They weren't trying to figure out life or anything, they were selling a religion. Like all shady salespersons, they'll make up anything to get you to buy into it.

Yeah, that's true. Personally I don't cling to the book, but I like to discuss about it to get a better understanding of it. Mostly for the reason that I want to be able to talk to a Christian and not be in the dark of what it says, but have good and solid arguments. And I think that's how this thread started, with someone that suddenly realized one truth (out of many) that the book isn't full of real, or historical characters. To come to a realisation like that, and share it, and talk about it, will lead to new discoveries and understandings. So it's not necessarily that someone dwell in it with the purpose to convert others, but dwell in it to understand how they could think so different about it before and now can see the lies that's in there. It's a journey for most of us, and it takes time to accept some of the things on the way. To be so engulfed in the belief and go to where I am now, without any belief in that book, it is a pretty emotional and hard trip. The Bible talks about the narrow road, and I must say, losing religion and becoming a non-theist is a more difficult road than staying in church under the blanket of delusion. The people on this site that are truly "ExC" are the people that discovered the real difficult road to sanity. That's the reason to this website, to help and encourage those that are on this road. Not everyone have arrived to the same destination yet, but many will get there. In the meantime, you have to show understanding and guide them away from the fragments of religion that are still there.

I don't know if it made sense or not. I'm just quickly put things together at the moment.

I don't know if it made sense or not. I'm just quickly put things together at the moment.

Yes, it made sense. I just don't let them argue from the bible anyway. Once the bible is disposed of they have nothing. But then one should read the bible, with an open mind, in order to know that they are rejecting. The problem is that too many don't read it with their mind open but tightly closed on the aspect of finding something important in it.

Oh, I forgot... you're right again. This site is for those trying to get off of the religious wagon. Maybe that's why I don't hold much for this "spiritual" stuff as it is more of the same with just the names changed.

It's a journey for most of us, and it takes time to accept some of the things on the way. To be so engulfed in the belief and go to where I am now, without any belief in that book, it is a pretty emotional and hard trip. The Bible talks about the narrow road, and I must say, losing religion and becoming a non-theist is a more difficult road than staying in church under the blanket of delusion. The people on this site that are truly "ExC" are the people that discovered the real difficult road to sanity.

You make perfect sense!

We need to take this narrow road and widen it into a highway...without road blocks. Making it easier and easier for all those who are coming on behind us to make it to the wonderful destination of reason. But the first goal is to let them get away from the grip of those ancient religions as easy as possible.

mwc

You make perfect sense!

I made perfect sense? Oh, where did I go wrong? :HaHa: Sometimes when I read my own posts a couple of days later, I'm like "oh, dear, what was I thinking..."

We need to take this narrow road and widen it into a highway...without road blocks. Making it easier and easier for all those who are coming on behind us to make it to the wonderful destination of reason. But the first goal is to let them get away from the grip of those ancient religions as easy as possible.

So, this site and us we're like Caltrans: widening the road for others.

I made perfect sense? Oh, where did I go wrong? :HaHa: Sometimes when I read my own posts a couple of days later, I'm like "oh, dear, what was I thinking..."

Well, now that I re-read your post... :HaHa:

So, this site and us we're like Caltrans: widening the road for others.

Oh shit. If we're like Caltrans then we might as well just shut the whole place down. The widening process will take years and then we'll just be back to where we started. :wicked:

mwc