Goodbye Jesus

I Don't Know If This Belongs Here

sheilanagig

I'm currently in the middle of a debate (not with my work) as to whether it is constitutional for residential facilities to receive state and federal money if they are faith-based. Where I work right now residents are having christianity promoted to them in an exclusive fashion. They are told that they have the option to decline, but they are consequenced for doing so. They are not permitted to practice any religion on the grounds other than christianity. I wonder if this is constitutional. Since these teenagers have no choice about their placement, they are not consulted as to whether they would like to go to a christian faith-based facility or not. I remember a case in Michigan that was very similar, Teen Ranch et al vs. Marianne Udow in which the state withdrew funding and placed a moratorium on placement in the facility pending a judgement. What do you guys think? Is this a case for the ACLU?

It's absolutely a case for the ACLU. It is highly unconstitutional.

It's absolutely a case for the ACLU. It is highly unconstitutional.

That's what I thought, but there seems to be some doubt where I'm debating it right now.

My fave story: Two fundie evanelicals rang my doorbell while I was in the middle of getting dressed. I peeped thru the hole, saw it was xtians, and opened the door in my frilly girly underwear, and asked the two ladies if they'd come to join in!

The shock on their faces was priceless......

I'm not sure exactly how long it took, surely no more than 30 or 40 seconds before they started beating a path to the gate!

roflmao