Goodbye Jesus

Albert Einstein

currentchristian

Claiming you are having a knee-jerk reaction is not a personal attack.

Then we'll just have to disagree on that. I see it as a complete dismissal of the person and their ideas.

No, I don’t see it that way at all, nor was it my motive in pointing out what I see happening. Not all criticisms are attacks, you know? I view this a constructive criticism. Not everything we hear about ourselves feels good, but it's not always meant as an attack. It's not......

Let's just drop it, I don't seem to be getting my point across very well. In my last posting I said a few things about Einstein, don't you have anything to say about that?

I missed that... the signal was drowned out by the high pitched noise of a 'nuhuh', 'yuh-huh' disagreement over who said what about who's mother and her predilection for crack...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• currentchristian

• Antlerman

• Grandpa Harley

I missed that... the signal was drowned out by the high pitched noise of a 'nuhuh', 'yuh-huh' disagreement over who said what about who's mother and her predilection for crack...

I do seem to attract that kind of exchange. :mellow::(

OK, you're a chaos magnet... cool

What were the observations?

OK, you're a chaos magnet... cool

Magnet or cause? :shrug:

What were the observations?

People getting upset when disagreed with.

Right... yes. that's a given.

Anyone here read The God Delusion? Dawkins says some stuff about Einstein's religion, but I only have the Audio book on Zen...

Right... yes. that's a given.

Anyone here read The God Delusion? Dawkins says some stuff about Einstein's religion, but I only have the Audio book on Zen...

I've been meaning to read that book. I've been trying to read up on physics lately and my brain hurts from it. Since my background is in biology (I'm an entomologist) Dawkins would be an easier read.

Let's just drop it, I don't seem to be getting my point across very well. In my last posting I said a few things about Einstein, don't you have anything to say about that?

Actually I was working on my post and didn't see it was posted before mine. I was going to compliment you on making cases for your thoughts, and was going to engage in dialog with you until I read the rest of your comments following this post.

I of course dismiss your empty accusations that people are upset simply because you disagree with them. No Dave, again facts don't support you at all. Back that up where you see me upset by people have disagreement with me. You can't. No, this is about your approach. It's about you not taking responsibility and deflecting onto others your own discomfort with having your views challenged. It's about the lack of respect you show people. It's about your personality. You can't back up your claims, and are sadly transparent to everyone. When 50 people tell you you've got a tail, you should turn around and take a look. Add my thoughts to that growing list. Are we all wrong?

Now I am criticizing you, placing you into the ranks of the extremely few who I find beyond regard. Good bye Dave.

I of course dismiss your empty accusations that people are upset simply because you disagree with them.

Of course. :shrug:

I of course dismiss your empty accusations that people are upset simply because you disagree with them.

Of course. :shrug:

If I may interject and I do not intend to antagonize anyone, but it does seem to me as well, Dave, that you don't take kindly to having your views challenged.

We all have a tendency to defend ourselves and our views, but this can be done in a friendly, constructive manner that produces more light and less heat.

We all can work on this.

-CC

Actually I was working on my post and didn't see it was posted before mine. I was going to compliment you on making cases for your thoughts, and was going to engage in dialog with you until I read the rest of your comments following this post.

I of course dismiss your empty accusations that people are upset simply because you disagree with them. No Dave, again facts don't support you at all. Back that up where you see me upset by people have disagreement with me. You can't. No, this is about your approach. It's about you not taking responsibility and deflecting onto others your own discomfort with having your views challenged. It's about the lack of respect you show people. It's about your personality. You can't back up your claims, and are sadly transparent to everyone. When 50 people tell you you've got a tail, you should turn around and take a look. Add my thoughts to that growing list. Are we all wrong?

Now I am criticizing you, placing you into the ranks of the extremely few who I find beyond regard. Good bye Dave.

Not sure if that was a 'nuhuh' or an 'uhuh' post...

Dawkins? Einstein?

Dawkins? Einstein?

I've not quite caught the connection to the quibbling reference. I didn't see it that way from my end. I suppose it doesn't matter much at this point, but for your understanding this user has a long history of being viewed as a troll, as he seems more bent on provoking controversy, poking people for sport, etc, admitting he doesn't see them as real people on a number of occasions, rather than genuinely engaging in dialog. The threads always get derailed onto something about him. This is the first time I choose to challenge him on this behavior myself after seeing him taunting respected members. I was hopeful respect might matter. I was wrong. He's either insincere, or has issues that I don't have to energy to help with.

As far as Einstein, I posted on number of thoughts on this early. I agree wholeheartedly that Christians who try to appeal to authority by citing him have no leg to stand on. I guess for myself, I can appreciate what I have read of his comments in that article that he had a sense of "something" behind the universe that spoke on a subtle level to him. My whole point is that the language of "God" is simply a way people try to take something so abstract, so ethereal, and so sublime and try to put a word to it. Just because someone uses that word, it in now way translates into any religious idea of some super-deity ruling from a white throne. Hell, I'm an atheist myself, yet I'll use the word God sometimes to describe things on this level. I guess that's why I feel like I understand maybe where he was coming from, and why saying he was motivated by fear of rejection doesn't really make much sense.

If I may interject and I do not intend to antagonize anyone, but it does seem to me as well, Dave, that you don't take kindly to having your views challenged.

Which is simply not true. I do not mind at all being disagreed with as long as it is done with style, class, and intelligence.... and I'll even leave out the intelligence part if there's some class. The thing is disagree with what I said without getting personal about it. Saying someone is having a knee jerk reaction is crass, not class. Saying someone is psycho because they disagree with them is crass, not class.

We all have a tendency to defend ourselves and our views, but this can be done in a friendly, constructive manner that produces more light and less heat.

We all can work on this.

I'll defend my position, and I often use few words. If I don't thoroughly explain, just ask and i'll explain further. I'll defend my views, I shouldn't have to defend myself.

About that crass "personality disorder" remark. Honestly, in almost every group I've joined within a few years I was president. Really. No shit. A large stamp club (yes, I am a philatelist) two different Humanist groups, a homeowners association, a hiking club, and an entomology group. Personality disorder my ass.

Dawkins? Einstein?

It was a 'nuhuh' knee jerk reaction.