Goodbye Jesus

Announcement: New Official Vengeance Rising Website And Forums

Guest Wolfgang Pynchon

Guest Wolfgang Pynchon

Cheers fellow apostates!

I'm stopping by to let you know about the new official website and forums of former Christian metal figure Roger Martinez and his band Vengeance Rising. We certainly share your work here at ex-christian.net, and I've added an RSS feed from your site to give you guys some pub as well. If you have questions, email me at wolfgangpynchon@yahoo.com. For those of you familiar with the story of Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising, you'll definitely want to check us out. For those of you not, come over and learn the story of the "hidden" side of Christian music and what the industry did to one of their greatest assets.

Cheers,

WP

Welcome to Ex-C! Is there any place I can read about it where I don't have to register? Thanks in advance! :)

Guest Wolfgang Pynchon
Welcome to Ex-C! Is there any place I can read about it where I don't have to register? Thanks in advance! :)

Sorry, but we do require a registration to read. However, I can promise it will be worth your while. Lot's of good stuff.

Cheers,

WP

"For those of you not, come over and learn the story of the "hidden" side of Christian music and what the industry did to one of their greatest assets."

I registered; is this material posted anywhere on site? I looked over the forums (posted once) and didn't see any 'history' or 'background' kinds of things, though I was fascinated (official ex-Xtian here, 3-time C-stone vet 89-90, 92).

I like metal and all, and I know this doesn't technically count as spam because it's obviously tailored to this site, but don't most forums tend to frown on that kind of thing? Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass, I can be a bit of a purist sometimes....

This really made my day! I used to love Vengeance [Rising]. I wore out my tape (fuck, I'm old) of "Human Sacrifice."

I was in a Christian heavy metal band in high school. I always recommended Vengeance to friends who liked Slayer (hoping to convert them of course).

I'm totally emailing Roger.

"learn the story of the "hidden" side of Christian music..."

While I appreciate the Wikipedia link, this is more along the lines of what I was looking for...b

Cool :)

A good way for Roger to help counteract the work he did as a Xian, and his musical skills have probably gotten better since the old days, too. It always seems that when people leave Xianity behind, everything about them gets better ;)