Goodbye Jesus

Crazy Phelps Family Teaching Kids...

fxfighter

Awe damn! I wish more was shown....

I sure would love to see what came of that kid telling his mother about his atheism.

Awe damn! I wish more was shown....

I sure would love to see what came of that kid telling his mother about his atheism.

Well it was removed by user when I click on it. Too bad. Guess it made someone at home uncomfortable?

Anyway that Phelps family are.. well beyond any word I can come up with. Disgusting doesn't come close.

Yet mainstream Christianity is strangely silent about this group. It is sad.

I don't know anyone in even conservative Christianity who would in any way support the Phelps family. I do agree, however, that the conservative Christian groups could spend more time specifically pointing out that they disagree with this group.

-CC

Child abuse wrapped up in the guise of godliness.

Yet mainstream Christianity is strangely silent about this group. It is sad.

I don't know anyone in even conservative Christianity who would in any way support the Phelps family. I do agree, however, that the conservative Christian groups could spend more time specifically pointing out that they disagree with this group.

-CC

The emergent's I talk to think they don't have to say much about the Phleps since they are beneath contempt... however, since church = family I think they really just regard them like the embarrassing Uncle you tend not to leave alone with teenage girls or the gin...

Am I missing something or can I not edit my posts?

It took until I made 30 posts before I was granted the Almighty Edit Button.

All Hail, Editorius.

uS Xinsanity silent on the F. Phelps klan much like *mainstream muddlimizm* quiet about the *insurgents*.

Far too close of a thought process to be comfortable about.

Anyway, those in AmeriKa are Free via the Constitutional processes to teach their kids as they desire. My Freedom warrants theirs too.

Does daFatman LIKE what they indoctrinate their children with? FUCK NOOoooOOOooOOOO!

The big however is that to enjoy Freedom, yours included, you must, M U S T be willing to alow others to practice their own.

It may come to a time however that you and yours will be faced off on what to do when the angry Phelpsians come to burn you out of house and home, expressing their indignity at your existance. Better had be right prepared to do more than wave a handy copy of Constitution in their faces.. By then they'll have the crowds and the numbers to out vote you..

Unless of course you vote "Ballistics Party, Every Round A Veto".. That tends to quiet even the most lynch hungry followers of anybody, at least for the while it takes for you and yours to implement Plan B, C, etc..

kFL

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Tyra talk show the other day and the Phelps women were on there.

A recap from the show:

How could we forget the Phelps family? Filled with fiery rage, this mother-daughter-daughter trio let the Tyra viewers know how disgusted they were with today’s society during the infamous Hate Crimes episode. Shockingly, the family labeled Tyra as a “fag-enabler” for her role in embracing all mankind regardless of their personal choices. 21-year-old Meghan, 19-year-old Rebecca, and 14-year-old Grace returned to the show to face-off with the viewers they offended most. The girls did not have a change of heart since viewing and observing their behavior on the show. They still professed their belief that all homosexuals, lesbians, and their “enablers” are going to hell if they don’t repent. The young sisters met Sean and his partner Brandon: two viewers that were hurt and disturbed by their comments. We reunited with Shirley, the mother of the family and the family member that caused the most outrage. It seemed as if Shirley was in more of a rage this episode than the last episode (though I know you are wondering if it is humanly possible to be that angry and irate.) Tyra asked the Phelps family about their favorite actors/actresses. To everyone’s surprise, Will Smith, Julia Roberts and Johnny Depp made the list. Tyra uncovered the contradictions of the Phelps family by letting them know that all those Hollywood stars have had ties to the gay community by either playing gay roles or having gay friends. To add fuel to the fire, Shirley disgusted the audience even more by stating that the victims of the 9/11 tragedy died because they were “perverts and God-haters, and they deserved death.” Jessica, a Tyrashow.com blogger, wanted the world to know that the Phelps family does not represent all Christians. She said Shirley needed to have more love and kindness for others and see every human’s value in life.
Link

The larger Christian community seems to regard the Phelps lot pretty much with contempt, but really can't fault their logic. It's like having an uncle you can't leave alone with a whisky bottle or teenage girls... but he's still 'family' :rolleyes:

Though the WBC may be a caricature, it is a pretty accurate caricature, at least when it comes to the priorities of Christian Fundamentalists.

-CC

Of course conservative Christian groups support Phelps - in spirit! Does anyone deny that conservative leaders like Jerry Falwell or Pat Roberts speak out against gays (almost daily) and never hid the fact that they felt the US deserved 9/11 as punishment from God for immoral behavior? Make no mistake, they espouse the same message, they just don't do it as blatantly and rudely as the Phelps people do!

-CC

Of course conservative Christian groups support Phelps - in spirit! Does anyone deny that conservative leaders like Jerry Falwell or Pat Roberts speak out against gays (almost daily) and never hid the fact that they felt the US deserved 9/11 as punishment from God for immoral behavior? Make no mistake, they espouse the same message, they just don't do it as blatantly and rudely as the Phelps people do!

Exactly. And don't get me started on Pastor John Hagee. He is Fred Phelps minus the funeral pickets. All of them are fucking crazy.

And Ellen DeGeneres is responsible for Katrina... Don't forget that one!

Nivek wrote:

Unless of course you vote "Ballistics Party, Every Round A Veto".. That tends to quiet even the most lynch hungry followers of anybody, at least for the while it takes for you and yours to implement Plan B, C, etc..

I'll agree with the above, LOL!

I truly hope that someday Phelps and his cronies will picket at the wrong funeral where they will then meet Karma. Now Karma will have little impulse control and a Hugh Jazz firearm. Hopefully Karma will also be a kickass marksman! :wink:

Nivek wrote:

I'll agree with the above, LOL!

I truly hope that someday Phelps and his cronies will picket at the wrong funeral where they will then meet Karma. Now Karma will have little impulse control and a Hugh Jazz firearm. Hopefully Karma will also be a kickass marksman! :wink:

Not that I am advocating violence in any way, shape, or form... but since they're such fans of IEDs then a firearm doesn't seem appropriate.

-CC

Make no mistake, they espouse the same message, they just don't do it as blatantly and rudely as the Phelps people do!

And quite rude they are! Wow....the hatred they were spewing forth on the show I saw them on was unbelievable!! What is disgusting is them teaching the children to be the same way. Generations of hatred. :ugh:

Guest Conspicio

I have actually researched that family quite heavily. What you find is a horrible legacy of child abuse and hate. One of his children went on to separate himself from the family and wrote a book exposing the nasty innards of it. He was somehow tied up in legal mumbo jumbo and was forced to admit it to a court thereby making it public domain...or something along those lines. Here is a particularly nasty part of it.

"Sometimes Pastor Phelps preferred to grab one child by their little hands and haul them into the air. Then he would repeatedly smash his knee into their groin and stomach while walking across the room and laughing. The boys remember this happening to Nate when he was only seven, and to Margie and Kathy even after they were sexually developed teenagers. Nate recalls being taken into the church once where his father, a former golden gloves boxer, bent him backwards over a pew, body-punched him, spit in his face, and told him he hated him."

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/m...m#CHAPTER%20TWO

After reading that in its entirety I began to understand why that poor girl, Shirley, has such a blank look in her eyes. I'm no psychologist but years and years of psychological and physical abuse can and will do horrid things to your head. I honestly pity them and their ignorance.