Goodbye Jesus

Godchecker.com

Mike D

Not sure if too many people here have seen this site, but it's great.... it's got listings of thousands of gods all believed in at one time or another by man, categorized by culture. And good snippets of info on each god. This site is great as a reference if you are debating a clueless Christian who claims that Cheezus is the one true god, but then in the same breath rejects these 2,500+ other gods as "mythology". :lmao: In fact I would doubt that most Christians even realize there are 20 other gods, much less 2,000! :HaHa:

www.godchecker.com

Enjoy!

Md..

Kickass find amigo.. Quite a few good URLs this week added into my list of neato shit..

kL

Sweet Mother of Shibby, this is amazing!

Interesting tidbit:

Case in point: SATAN is also known as LUCIFER. Why? Lucifer is a Latin word meaning Light-Bearer. St JEROME (4th Century) used it to denote the Greek word Heosphoros when he was translating the Bible into Latin. But Heosphoros means 'morning star', and the Biblical passage in question (Isaiah 14) is really just taunting the King of Babylon. ("You think you're as bright as Venus, but God's gonna get ya!")

Still, the name stuck and legends of Lucifer sprang up all over. From Light-Bearer to Prince of Darkness. Poor old VENUS should sue for libel too.

Yeah, I've known about this one for awhile. Good site, and a bit of humor thrown in here and there. Very useful :)

I've had this site bookmarked for a long time. Comes in handy. Always good when someone points it out from time to time. :thanks:

mwc