Goodbye Jesus

Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?

Guest Doug5

I wonder, will we be able to ask this question when we ourselves become able to heal amputees?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Former Follier

• Gary Thompson

• Garnet

Deathless?

I was being sarcastic... his first reply was shit and wasn't likely to get any better.

I wonder, will we be able to ask this question when we ourselves become able to heal amputees?

We've already started having some progress on regrowing limbs!

http://www.livescience.com/scienceoffictio...cken_wings.html

I still say it's gonna hurt...

Why doesn't God heal amputees or do anything else? Because He already finished everything.

It's up to you now. Take it or leave it.

So why worship him? :shrug:

Read Exodus... he'll kill your arse DEAD if you don't....

Now I'm shaking. :rolleyes:

As a marketing strategy, it's worked for 1600 years...

And we all owe it to good ol' Constantine of Rome.

We owe the OT to Clement of Alexandria, well before Constantine.... and the final verision of the Bible to the council of Trent... 800 yeas after Constantine.

But if Connie hadn't forced his conversion on everyone in the entire Roman empire (read most of Europe and Arabia and North Africa), then christianity wouldn't have enough power to "scare" people.

True... but he didn't do it alone, and it was Eusebius' plan... One thing about Christians of Irenaeus' sect, they played a long game pretty damned well... and he never converted... it was his mother.

That Florida imp from the swamp is one crazy. I wouldn't put too much stock into what it says.

Here's the post I am talking about in case we're on another page by now:

Why doesn't God heal amputees or do anything else? Because He already finished everything.

That Florida imp from the swamp is one crazy. I wouldn't put too much stock into what it says.

I don't know. I disagree with her theological perspective, but I do like the 'we have to do things for ourselves' mentality. I agree with that much at least.

I don't know. I disagree with her theological perspective, but I do like the 'we have to do things for ourselves' mentality. I agree with that much at least.

He ballsed it up, made all sorts imperfect stuff, tried to destroy it a few times and found we were harder to kill than roaches...

Guest Florida

I am thankful for what He did... but since He is in me... mind if I worship myself?

Guest Florida

Ruby, could you please address me and stop talking about me behind my back in front of everyone? ROTFLMAO!!!!

I am thankful for what He did... but since He is in me... mind if I worship myself?

Can I watch?

Guest Florida

Can I watch?

Well Grandpa... that depends if your heart can take it... :wink:

I'm a man of simple tastes and pleasures... all decadent and mostly legal...

Ruby, could you please address me and stop talking about me behind my back in front of everyone? ROTFLMAO!!!!

I'm with Ruby. I was under the impression you were just another religious crazy coming in here to take a few quick jabs, turn tail and duck and cover the whole way home.

Is there any point in that? You are beginning to develop a rep for inexplicable tangential replies... :)

I was under the impression you were just another religious crazy coming in here to take a few quick jabs, turn tail and duck and cover the whole way home.

Likewise. Much respect to Florida for actually staying in the debate (or whatever's left of it).

I had the feeling that some of this is ACIM.... it's been a while since I looked...

Guest Florida

I'm with Ruby. I was under the impression you were just another religious crazy coming in here to take a few quick jabs, turn tail and duck and cover the whole way home.

I guess it just goes to show you that you shouldn't judge people so quickly or harshly, especially over the internet. Oh... and I'm not another religious crazy... I'm a whole new breed. ;)