Goodbye Jesus

God Is Poison

Heimdall

Heh. I thought it was hilarious with the following paragraph

God is a delusion, if his enemies are to be believed: nothing more than the creation of a species with prefrontal lobes too small, and aggressive instincts too strong, for its own good. His worship is poison: his adherents commit child abuse -- metaphoric and actual -- on a daily basis; and the murderous clashes of rival gangs of his followers are the greatest single threat to humanity's future. Whatever else God may be, he is most assuredly not dead. You can take his critics' word, and the depth of their passion, for that.

followed by an insurance ad reading "Announcing sunny days ahead."

:lmao:

I thought that was a fantastic article. Ever since I became an atheist, I've been increasingly bothered by some of the behavior and viewpoints of atheism's lead proponents. They seem incredibly eager to blame as much as possible on religion, and I think their methods of historical and sociological analysis are poorly constructed.

Of course, the squeaky wheel always gets the grease, so you seldom hear about atheists calling for peaceful dialogue or tolerant pluralism.

For the people that blame religion for everything, watch the two part South Park episode "Go God Go" (season 10).

Downloadable freely and LEGALLY from http://www.mrtwig.net/ .

The point that the episode makes is that even if there was no religion, humans (in all our glory) would still find something to kill each other over.

Fonkey Dawkings knows what I'm talking about.