Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Deserved To Die

Ouroboros

your effect on all you touch? ;)

:HaHa: You are so not funny.

To know me is to love me...

Anyway, what I meant when I said 'whether that mindset was good or bad was a matter of belief', I was talking about the Jews.

It's a matter of opinion backed by the desire for all too earthly power... Remember dear old cousin Pascal's comment...

Goodbye Jesus

"Did he deserve to die?"

"You don't have to answer that"

"DID he deserve to die?"

"Don't answer that"

"YES HE DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL!!!"

I just realized something (lets see what path this thought takes), in the Bible it says that unruly kids should be stoned to death, Jesus (supposedly) disobeyed his parents when he was 12 by staying in Jerusalem for 3 days. So by the standards and laws in the Torah he didn't honor his father and mother and deserved to die.

What do you think?

But aren't we supposed to make up excuses 2000 years after the fact? I think so. Therefore he never hit the age of accountability at 12 and, as such, is NOT yet held to the law. Now if after his bar mitvah, the next year, you have some problems with him then we can talk. ;)

mwc

Didn't Jesus one time, when he was confronted by his mother, say that his brothers and sister etc where the people that followed him? So he dishonored his mother, in front of the public, what a shame that must've been. (After he was 12, ;) mwc)

Didn't Jesus one time, when he was confronted by his mother, say that his brothers and sister etc where the people that followed him? So he dishonored his mother, in front of the public, what a shame that must've been. (After he was 12, ;) mwc)

Try 'The Infancy Gospel of Thomas' for reason the kid should have never reached adulthood ;)

I guess we'd have to ask Mary if she was "shamed" by jesus. :) Of course, all his "fathers" (Joseph, the HS and the "father" all pull a disappearing act on this guy) did "abandon" him (one when it really, really mattered) so perhaps he was "shamed" by him? :HaHa:

mwc

Still, it is not honorable to do such a thing, to say to your mother: "you're not my mother anymore." It doesn't matter what it is called, that would not be considered a proper way of treating your parents. Usually that is called disowning your family.

I always wondered what happened to Joseph. Did he die a violent death? Did he do something criminal and got executed? Did he leave the slut Mary? (After all she had a bastard child - having sex before marriage.)

I'd refer you Ehrman about textural reliablity... that sounds a later gloss into Mark... Generally things got more Nazi with time, not less...

Even then, as prickery goes, the son of man fades into obscurity comparative to those who came later.

Pretty interesting, but I think Ehrman is just making excuses. He sound like one of those people who will say "oh, they aren't True Believers™ and they perverted the Scripchahs." Facts are, the plain text of the Babble alone is enough to paint Jebus as the asshole he clearly is, and is also enough to give his most fervent followers all the ammo they need to be assholes in their turn.

Indeed, the followers of the nonexistant Jebus are worse than Jebus only because they are real and he wasn't.

Still, it is not honorable to do such a thing, to say to your mother: "you're not my mother anymore." It doesn't matter what it is called, that would not be considered a proper way of treating your parents. Usually that is called disowning your family.

Considering her elevator didn't make it all the way to the top floor (if you know what I mean from that "virgin" story) I would probably disown her too. But looking at G.Mark it looks like they were related because the "crazy" gene seemed to run in the family. :) It probably stemmed from all those screwed up family trees.

I always wondered what happened to Joseph. Did he die a violent death? Did he do something criminal and got executed? Did he leave the slut Mary? (After all she had a bastard child - having sex before marriage.)

Joseph probably wised up and went off to a nice Roman city and got laid. How long could you last with a "perpetual virgin" for a wife and a "know it all" bastard of a son telling you that if you even THINK about having sex you're going to burn in some trash heap for it? Joseph wasn't a wood worker...he was just workin' his wood. :wicked: <--That's the look he had on his face when he died at the Roman brothel.

mwc

I'd refer you Ehrman about textural reliablity... that sounds a later gloss into Mark... Generally things got more Nazi with time, not less...

Even then, as prickery goes, the son of man fades into obscurity comparative to those who came later.

Pretty interesting, but I think Ehrman is just making excuses. He sound like one of those people who will say "oh, they aren't True Believers and they perverted the Scripchahs." Facts are, the plain text of the Babble alone is enough to paint Jebus as the asshole he clearly is, and is also enough to give his most fervent followers all the ammo they need to be assholes in their turn.

Indeed, the followers of the nonexistant Jebus are worse than Jebus only because they are real and he wasn't.

Then you misplace Ehrman's stance pretty wholly. He says that finding all the errors, glosses and interpolations 'cured' him of being Southern Baptist, and realised that very little could be said for the existence or otherwise for Jesus, other than some sects DID believe he was real. OR are you saying I'm a true believer too, making exucses for sky-daddy, the kid and spook?

Considering her elevator didn't make it all the way to the top floor (if you know what I mean from that "virgin" story) I would probably disown her too. But looking at G.Mark it looks like they were related because the "crazy" gene seemed to run in the family. :) It probably stemmed from all those screwed up family trees.

Joseph probably wised up and went off to a nice Roman city and got laid. How long could you last with a "perpetual virgin" for a wife and a "know it all" bastard of a son telling you that if you even THINK about having sex you're going to burn in some trash heap for it? Joseph wasn't a wood worker...he was just workin' his wood. :wicked: <--That's the look he had on his face when he died at the Roman brothel.

mwc

If you're catholic you have the Immaculate conception doctrine... whereby St. Anne got knocked up by the holy ghost too. Like mother, like daughter... "He said he was an angel!"

If you're catholic you have the Immaculate conception doctrine... whereby St. Anne got knocked up by the holy ghost too. Like mother, like daughter... "He said he was an angel!"

Not a catholic...but note what I said about that "crazy" gene running through this story...I mean family. ;)

mwc

"but note what I said about that "crazy" gene running through this story"

I thought my point made a good adjunct... Abbot to your Costello ;)

:HaHa: Never thought of that. Very good point.

Maybe she was bi-polar, and Mr.J. too, you can tell from his irrational behavior with the fig tree or anger problems in the temple.

No wonder Jospeh left.

Maybe she was bi-polar, and Mr.J. too, you can tell from his irrational behavior with the fig tree or anger problems in the temple.

No wonder Jospeh left.

If you read the apocryphal 'Infancy Gospel of Thomas' maybe little Jesus killed him. He kills around 6 people in that text...

No wonder Jospeh left.

If you read the apocryphal 'Infancy Gospel of Thomas' maybe little Jesus killed him. He kills around 6 people in that text...

I haven't thought about that book in quite awhile. It's funny to note that withering of the trees and all the killing... why are they not considered miracles? Some pretty heavy-duty magic involved.

Then you misplace Ehrman's stance pretty wholly. He says that finding all the errors, glosses and interpolations 'cured' him of being Southern Baptist, and realised that very little could be said for the existence or otherwise for Jesus, other than some sects DID believe he was real.

Good. I didn't bother to read into it all that much. Seems pretty irrelevant, but if someone had a deconversion on account of the mountain of errors in the Babble, then it's better that person shares it. More people will read it, and maybe help deconvert a few here and there.

OR are you saying I'm a true believer too, making exucses for sky-daddy, the kid and spook?

You're losing me, here... unless I've lost my ability to comprehend English, it sounds like you're accusing me of being a Xian :scratch:

No, I was asking if you were accusing ME of being one... it was a joke of sorts.

and if you didn't read it, why make a judgement call? That IS a Christian mind set... take care there, you don't want to slip back into the old ways...

No, I was asking if you were accusing ME of being one... it was a joke of sorts.

Ah, pardon that. Just need another cuppa joe.

and if you didn't read it, why make a judgement call? That IS a Christian mind set... take care there, you don't want to slip back into the old ways...

I did read it, but not all that well. Kinda skimmed it, basically. Just didn't find it terribly useful, though I'm sure it's got its merits. At this stage of the game, all I need (or care to refer to, generally) is the Babble itself when I seek to debunk Xianity. I don't have time (or more importantly, desire) to seek out much other Xian criticism nowadays. I produce enough of my own to keep me sated.

The habits of nearly 30 years are hard to break for me... :)