Goodbye Jesus

Westboro Baptist Music Video

Ahh!

Thanks for the link, Ahhh! I actually followed it back to the WBC website at GODHATESFAGS.COM (fitting, huh?) and sent Shirley Phelps-Roper a beautifully moving and inspiring email... which can be found in it's entirety below! :woohoo:

Shirley Phelps-Roper,

Thank you ever so much for advocating the reading of The Bible. I've done so for several years... pouring over it and reading everything that is written therein. In having read The Bible, I am proud to say that it has succeeded in turning me into an atheist! But we must give credit where credit is due, right? You played a role and had a strong hand in leading me out of the flock and into apostacy. I am ever so grateful to you and your twisted messages of hatred.

I have been nothing but forthright and kind to you and, as a favor, I ask that you come and register with exchristian.net and join in on the discussions of bigotry, violence and bloodshed that is religion and especially Christianity. Who knows? You may even get the chance to proselytize in there. If you do come on board though, please be sure to announce who you are to all the 3,000+ members. I'm sure you will have a warm reception and have a good number of fans there. Also, please do me the honor of looking me up on the site. I am Former Follier. Clever, huh? It's kind of a play on words... I was a "Former Follower" of Christ but found it to be the greatest "folly" of mankind hence "Former Follier".

Enough of that. I sincerely wanted to thank you for opening my eyes and mind. I have never been happier than in the warm embrace of secular humanism and owe it in part to you! Large may your reward be in heaven. (What a laugh!)

The truth is marching on.

Sincerely,

Nathan Ingold

Naturally, I lied to her. She didn't lead me out of Christianity but I had to have a deceiving lead-in since they will automatically delete hatemail (ironic, eh?). Plus, I wanted to have complete control over the situation.

I can just picture her reading the first few lines and saying, "Hallelujah!" or "Praise the Lord!" and then coming to the end of the paragraph and seeing her demeanor change to more of a "What the fuck?" attitude. That mental image is somewhat comforting.